LUSH Fair Trade Foot Lotion

3.5

on 8/16/2015 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fairtrade Foot Lotion is a handmade, vegan LUSH product. It is a thick pink cream that smells of sweet peppermint, more like peppermint chewing gum than a sharp peppermint smell. I don't find that is provides an overly cooling sensation as advertised by LUSH, but it is soothing on the feet, and the scent is very calming. A little goes a long way with this product, and I find it to be very effective at making my feet soft and smooth. It doesn't get rid of calluses but it does soften them and make them less prominent. The lotion is thick, but I find that it gets lumpy easily, however stirring it with my fingers removes the lumps and makes the product smooth again. I don't know why it gets lumps at it is well within the use-by date, however it does not effect the product at all. This is a nice enough product, but I believe you can find a cheaper, just as effective product, elsewhere.

on 8/13/2015 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I usually breeze thru foot creams like they're going out of style but enter: LUSH Fair Trade Foot Cream! I have been using this for a few days but I already see a huge difference

. Burts Bees Foot Cream did nothing for me, the only 1 that worked in the past was B&BW but I went thru 2 tubes fast. B&Bs and LUSH spearmint spirits scented pink foot cream is very concentrated.

I find myself always scooping out more than I need so I take & use the extra so it's not wasted in my hands like a hand Creme, ifs very refreshing & crisp! My feet were like leather now they are soft & supple so I can't wait 2 C results in a month from now. I think this smells like Xmas w candy canes & a sweetness that tempers the straight up mint. I don't normally care for mint beauty products (ESP lippies! When it's hitting right under zur nose!! That's why I like my vanilla flavored MAC!). Thze tub is neat, it's the black all piurpose ubiquitous generic LUSH container n not only is it made from post consumer waste but if u bring 5 back its like back2mac not sure what u get back but I'd never being mine back until it gets trashed coz its the perfect place to house a bar of shampoo & I save all the sample pots to use as travel containers pretty nifty that's REAL recycling--I actually it's repurposing so I think LUSH would be proud

I love their philosophy against cruelty, recycling containers (u can bring them turn them in to LUSH if u don't plan to go back2LUSH rather than throwing them in the waste basket). I love LUSH's responsible fair trade practice business ethics. I'm not sure a cheaper foot cream would have worked as wonderfully as this, & then the added bonus of this company's wholesome philosophy makes me happy to throw my disposable income at LUSH w a clear conscience n many products are vegan or vegetarian; the stuff like Curly Wurly has free range eggs. I believe no animals are harmed in the whole creation process from the drawing board to trading green pieces of paper in exchange for yummy products! I am so happy w this foot cream,

the smallest luxuries afforded to me are usually the very best most enjoyable things. I figured maybe if I retried Burts Bees would be the next best thing but it's not as expensive as LUSH & their biz ethics aren't as transparent as LUSH. So whilst it costs more to get LUSH & it is a pita to go to the Mall since I'm disabled. I usually like to patronize merchants who are using good biz ethics & of course I'm an animal lover.

I do buy products sold here & in China as well occasionally (if sold in China then mandatory animals testing sux I've got a serious MAC addiction habit ashamed I buy from a company who closed testing!) I try to buy cruelty-free when I can I mean w even choosing one like s lipstick helps it is preferable to me imo!

I literally am addicted to LUSH, in my eyes LUSH can do no wrong coz their products do what they are sup to do w the finest ingredients, the ethics explained above ^^^ they are stewards of this planet and THE SCENTS oh em gee the product scents aromas are what has me addicted! This will be my 3rd trip in August Sakes Allive!!!!! Lolz

on 1/18/2015 8:35:00 AM

I am on my second tub of this product. It is a thick, pink, creamy lotion with a peppermint scent, not a sharp peppermint but a sweet one, like chewing gum. It is a decent lotion and certainly moisturises my feet while smelling great but I don't experience the tingling or cooling sensations that Lush promises those buying the product. However, it does the job and smells great. Cheaper products could probably do the same job but the scent and Lush's cruelty free stance keep me coming back.

on 1/10/2015 5:22:00 PM

i used this cream every night before bedtime, it smells minty fresh and keeps your feet moisturised all day

on 1/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a decent-sized sample of this with my last Lush order, at my request. I'm glad I didn't take a chance and buy a whole tub of it, because while it's okay, it's not something I'd want to keep using.

First, this works well as a moisturising lotion, no question. Nicely rich, as appropriate for a lotion intended for your feet. It's not the most amazing thing I've ever used (I actually think Lush's Helping Hands works better on my feet), but it's a pretty good lotion as these things go.

It's got a lot of mint in it. The mint is supposed to make your feet tingle or something, but I really haven't had that effect or experience. It also smells -- let's face it -- extremely like toothpaste, which is actually kind of weird. I don't hate it or anything, but it is a little disconcerting to be putting toothpaste-scented lotion on my feet. If the lotion was amazing on my tootsies, I'd get over the scent (I'm not really bothered by it, I just find it weird), but the lotion isn't that amazing, and the smell is a little strange, and the mint doesn't give me any of the promised tingles, so I can't say I'm sold on this one.

I generally like Lush, but a lot of their products are hit or miss, in my opinion. This is one of their misses, at least for me.

on 7/17/2014 1:51:00 AM

This is a relatively thin, lightweight lotion. It is bubblegum pink and smells of mint and arnica. I wasn't crazy about the smell at first. I do like mint, but I don't find arnica the most pleasant scent. However, like many odd, not-entirely-bad-but-not-entirely-good sorts of smells, it grew on me and now I can appreciate the freshness of the smell.

I smooth this on at night and put socks over the top. The mint and arnica do feel wonderful on the feet. The tingly coolness is lovely when your feet are hot, tired, and overworked, and the slight numbing sensation of the arnica is lovely if your feet are sore or crampy.

This is moisturizing, for sure, but I wish it was a bit thicker. My experience with foot moisturizers is that they are usually quite thick and heavy. Fair Trade Foot Lotion feels very emollient due to all the oils and butters in it, but the consistency is still rather on the thin side. My feet are chronically rough and dry, so I feel as though I can never get enough moisture in them. FTFL would probably be plenty thick enough for someone with normal to slightly dry feet.

Overall, I think this is a solid product. I do sometimes still need to layer another, heavier moisturizer over this one when my feet are going through a truly bad dry spell. But it does a lovely job at soothing my feet and providing the essential base moisture, and it also does a great job at keeping the cuticles on my toenails nice and healthy.

(Note: This product doesn't have to be refrigerated, but I like to keep mine in the fridge for an extra cooling feel when I apply it.)

on 3/7/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This one was an impulse buy to be honest, I don't really use lotion for my feet they don't get dry nor flaky. I smelled the product and it just smelled heavenly, anything with citrus base or mint I'm usually a sucker for. I've been trying it for about 2 weeks and I put it before bed. Didn't really notice a big change except maybe it's a bit softer but overall don't think I will be it again, don't get me wrong it might work but I have no basis of the result since my feet wasn't in need of "foot care" :p. I think it needs to be repeated that the smell is wonderful, the minty smell lingers and I can still smell is when I wake up! :)

on 8/18/2013 5:52:00 AM

I love the scent of this, smells absolutely amazing. I also love the way the product looks. It's like strawberry quark. It gives a nice cooling effect... But it's not super moisturizing. It moisturizes as much as any regular body lotion. If you want intense moisture, this is not for you.

on 5/10/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a gift from heaven! I now work in a warehouse, where I'm constantly walking between 8 to 10 hours a day. After about six months, it started taking a painful toll on my feet. It was to the point where after taking off my shoes after work, it was extremely hard to walk, period! Certain parts of my feet were becoming numb and I even had a toe that started tingling. That really scared me to the point where I had to call my podiatrist. I couldn't get an appointment that worked with my schedule, so I continued to be in pain. One day shopping, I went to the Lush counter just to browse, when the SA asked if I needed anything in particular. I told her about my feet without thinking (because my feet were sore then) and she introduces me to Fair Trade Foot Lotion. This stuff is amazing!!!! I've been using it for three weeks now and my feet have completely healed.The numb parts are coming back to life and the pain is gone! Point. Blank. Period! I don't know how Lush did it, but this stuff saved my feet. Yes it's a bit pricey for foot lotion, but you get a good amount of product, that's going to last for a long time, seeing you don't need much. I'm actually considering giving this stuff out as Christmas gifts to some of my friends at work. If you're having foot pain, invest in Fair Trade, because your feet are precious and have to be cared for.

on 1/20/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First off I am a Lushie. I love Lush. They have amazing products and they have some crappy products. Thankfully, this is a good product. I work as a nurse, working 12 hour shifts. I'm on my feet most of that time so needless to say, I have jacked up feet. My feet are dry, they tend to crack too. I wanted a good foot lotion. Fair trade foot lotion is pretty awesome and here's why: 1. It smells like mint and chocolate (i think I get a chocolate smell from the cocoa butter). 2. It's pepto bismol pink and this will keep my husband from using it because he'll be fooled into thinking you can only use it if you have a vagina due to the color. 3. The texture isn't too thick. It doesn't leave a film behind but it did create a tingly feeling. My feet felt soft and smooth after application. 4. You only need a small amount. Even though it's expensive, a tub will last a long time.
I like to keep my lotion in the fridge to keep it firm. Overall, it's a good product and I would recommend it. If you live near a Lush then I'm jealous of you but also, you can go into your local lush and they are always willing to demo products for you and give samples. I went to a Lush last September, I drove 1.5 hours to get there. I think the sales girls demo'd about 10 products for me. I ended up spending $300 so be sure to sell a kidney or rob a bank before you go. :)

Popular Lotions / Creams