November 26, 2014 | 1627 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Juicy Wear

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by dedinha

I wanted to buy this lipstick because I really like the juicy tube line, but I simply hate this lipstick. It doesnt fix well, its very expensive and the colour fades away too easily. The gloss the cames along with the product is so smutty... Argh.

Also dont give a nice coverage, its hard to use because its a hard lipstick that doesnt make an uniform colour on the lips.

Dont waste your money buying it.

(Forgive me about my bad english, but Im not from USA or England :))

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by NEVERSATISFIED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't wear nearly as long as drugstore brands, so it's certainly not worth the price! I also don't like that the color and the gloss are packaged separately; it's just not very convenient. This product also is much more drying to the lips than other long-wearing lipsticks I've tried. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by swilhelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. First of all, the smell is unpleasant (very strong, "old lady" type fragrance). Second, the color selection is very limited (although Pink Crave, a peachy color, is pretty). Third, it didn't seem to be that long-lasting. My Revlon ColorStay Overtime lasts longer. The good news is that the gloss is pretty, and that when it fades it does so very gradually. Still, would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Pixye1

I love lanome juicy wear. My first was chestnut fantasy and since then I've bought candy apple, bronze honey, pink gourmand, and playful beige...all of which I LOVE!!! After reading other responses I have a few recommendations. When applying this lipstick do not apply too much product. Apply the lipstick with quick strokes, one coat...let it dry...then do the second coat and let it dry a minute before applying the glossy topcoat. This will make the lipstick stay...and not cake and crust off. Also, a lip conditioner is a must at night because the lipsticks are drying. I love the formula and consistency and even mix my colors together for different shades and have had no trouble making them last without touchup for 8 hours which is amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by helper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Weird, weird product. You really have to know how to use this product i guess. lately i was in the car doing on the lipstick, quite a lot plus the (weird) gloss, a while later my lips started to feel really weird and i looked in the mirror and i see my mouth full of dried out cracked lipstick. it looked like bright lightpink (lightest pinkshade) dried up sperm! eww! and the problem was, i couldnt get it off! now only wear it with without the weird ass gloss, its just that i fall for the shade (the lightest pink) the only good thing about it is that its kissproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:05:00 AM More reviews by salmac

This review is for the new Juicy Wear SHEER lipsticks. Lancome has introduced a new product to it's long-lasting lipstick collection, Juicy Wear Sheer, which promises "extreme wear" with a sheer tint of color. I'm a fan of long-lasting lipsticks - especially Lancome's - but my biggest gripe has been twofold: too drying and the colors always seem too strong. Well, these Juicy Wear Sheer lipsticks REALLY PERFORM on all counts. Lancome has hit on a great formula - truly long-lasting with a wonderful consistency. My lips stayed moist and the color was sheer. Here's the problem: the colors! Good Lord are they BRIGHT - all of them! You could see my lips enter the room several minutes before the rest of my body! I'm talking NEON! If Lancome could just tone down the colors, it would have a true winner - a miracle product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 1:58:00 PM More reviews by valygirll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love them they really do last for hours, it has to dry though. i love candy apple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the last reviewer about the top coat. I bought this in hot valentine like 8 months ago and loved the shade (orangey-red) but was VERY disappointed with the wear, most of the lipstick seemed to come off within an hour! I was uber pist because the lipstick cost SO FRIGGING MUCH! I stopped using it, but did not throw it away. Then...I discovered loreal endless kissable shinewear which lasts way longer. One day, I decided to put on hot valentine with the endless kissable shinewear top coat and (YAY) it worked beautifully, and stayed put! So the lancome top coat sux but the lipstick wears very well with loreal's topcoat, so... i would buy more juicy wear because they have great shades, but for 34 canadian dollars plus tax, you should not have to use some other brand's top coat! Shame on you, lancome..Your colors rock but Improve that topcoat!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aside from the fact the top coat of gloss seems to make this lipstick less durable, when used alone it lasts fine. The texture is like other lasting lipsticks, maybe a little smoother on application, but rather drying. It has a weird scent to it that is almost unpleasant.

I have this in Flaming Sangria (2005 x-moose colour, bright red infused with red glitter). I'd like to try some other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by krnsushi

I usually am not a sucker for pricey (over $20) makeup but i loved the idea of this long lasting lipstick that won't budge. Plus, to me it was kind of like buy the lipstick, get the lip gloss free =) I used to not wear my lipsticks that i had because all i do all day is drink water, coffee, etc so i figured "what's the point? it's going to come off anyway!" but this lipstick stays put! it goes on really smoothly when you first apply it which i love. and the gloss (the seal and shine top coat) isn't as shiny as the ads but it feels very good on the lips and have a great shine to them. Plus it's not sticky at all. i do have to apply the top coat more than once but then again, i drink a lot of stuff throughout the day. i got the sweet nude which i wear almost everyday because it's such a nice neutral shade (not too brown, washed out looking or anything) and i would definetly buy that again. i also got the chestnut fantasy but it's so dark on me that my husband says i look goth. (that's no good). you can skip putting on lip liner also when you have this on so sometimes i just a different gloss on to make the color a little different. i'm not sure how the l'oreal long lasting wear lipstick is but maybe i'll try that next time i'm running low on my juicy wear.