April 16, 2014 | 1403 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast Smoothwear all-day smooth feel lipcolor

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Youngskin2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this Cover Girl OutLast Lip Color in the past and didn't like it. So, I was skeptical about trying it again. Well, I decided to give it another try. I don't know if the formula was improved or not but, I seem to like it now. It is a tad drying. The key is to dab on the lip color instead of spreading it on the lips (like a regular lipstick). Then gently rub both lips together. Wait about 30 seconds and then apply the gloss. The color I have is in the Mauve family, very nice and feminine, not too dark. I want to try another color! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by angelmagno

i got mine in the color Cabernet Satin 855
the pigmentation is amazing, the color is this really pretty berry-ish pink color and i got this as a gift, so i can't really talk about the price. um, it tends to be drying on your lips so i suggest you put a chapstick on or something first. but even though i did, it still got dried up on my lips. :( and the gloss is way to sticky and shiny for me. but overall, it's really pretty, i just think i got the wrong color. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first lipcolor I've bought that actually lived up to its name. The color went on fairly smooth (like others have said, a little goes a long way), and the sparkle is subtle enought to leave an impression but not dominate. I left it on for about half an hour before I tried to take it off (drank some soda, rubbed a napkin on my lips, etc). Of course, a little came off, but not nearly enough to notice unless you're deliberately looking. The moisture, on the other hand, does not really last. It feels great at first, but after an hour or two (if you're lucky), your lips start to feel dried out as usual, and the moisture stick has to be reapplied. Some stores do sell just moisture sticks, but its kind of annoying. For that matter, I wish they could've just made a two-ended applicator for this like they have for some other products. All-in-all, though, really good value for the price (about $8 at walmart).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have both these and the regular outlast, and i have to admit that i don't really feel much of a difference between the two formulas. but then again, i hardly ever wear them (i'm more of a lipgloss girl) so that's probably why. they do last all day, but like the original outlast, it dries out my lips and i always lose my gloss (i'm really clumsy with this type of thing). even so, i still like these and reccomend them to anyone who wants longwear lipstick :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by katerina20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased it in rose luminescence, a beautiful rose colour! It lasts all day and doesn't flake but it can dry my lips sometimes. The balm moisturises the lips but i ve to put it on every 30 min approx.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dowabiechama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is actually pretty versatile and it does last a long time
price: $9
Pros:
It can also be used as a blush
a little goes a long way
The "gloss" that goes on top is really moisturizing.
Cons:
can be drying
You have to experiment with the application at first because if you apply too much it will look like you have weird colored blood caked on your lips.
The moisturising balm is used up really quickly
The color selections aren't very natural,

Overall, this product is good, because you can also use it as a blush as well as a lip gloss. But when you use this gloss by itself it's more like a lip tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by FAUchick727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased the CG Outlast Smoothwear and I am so happy I did. (CVS Has all CG lip orducts BOGO rightnow) I had tried the other version of CG's Outlast and really didn't care for the waxy feel so uncomfortable and annoying, this is moisturizing and feels like a nice gloss is locking in the long lasting color. I am only a few hours in but so far so good. Happy with this product the other BOGO purchase I got is my favorite lip product, Cover Girl Outlast Double Shine!!! I am happy. I got the Berry Satin in teh smoothwear and it is a pretty color on my olive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels SO much better than the original Outlast & lasts nearly as long. I tried not taking it off at night & it was still there in the morning. The color in the tube looked darker than it did on my face & didn't flatter. I think if I could find a color I liked I would use it daily. It's kind of expensive to buy & try all of them though. I don't like that you have to buy it with the top coat, because I have so much of that left over when the color is used up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Okay here goes. I wear Outlast on a regular basis. The smoothwear is a lighter formulation. That means it doesn't last as long as the regular Outlast and the staying power isn't long enough for me.

I use these when I want to combine shades or just don't need 8 hour wear. I apply the same as Outlast. Scrape most of the color from the wand, smile, line then fill in. Let dry completely, (at least a minute) Don't blot! Then put on top coat.

The best thing about Smoothwear is the shade selection. Unlike the Outlast colors, (Including the reformulated ones) Smoothwear has so many colors to choose from. You will find a shade you love... really!

So if you have tried Outlast or Max Factor Lipfinity and felt it was too heavy, and don't care about 6 - 8 hour but want something that lasts longer than regular lipstick. Try the smoothwear!

Some of my favorite shades are 200,190 both mlbb colors. 130.120. peachy shades. and 30 which is a mauve shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, I got these for $6 each and got wine and mauve, both looked very pretty and understated until I tried them on and they were both shocking fushia on me, one just a little darker than the other. YUCK! I will say that they have awesome staying power, I couldnt get that ugly color off for anything.