Suave Hairspray - Maximum Hold

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/30/2014 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use the pump but I switched to the aerosol when I cut my hair (above my ears) and needed more to hold the volume. I use the 10 and can agree with some of the other reviews about it being crispy. However, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I finger comb my hair after so I don't know if that helps?

on 2/8/2013 12:26:00 PM

I'm on my 4th can of this, but I can no longer recommend it. In the past I've used this hairspray for random touchups, bad hair days, and holding more elaborate hairstyles. I don't know if they changed the formula, but the two most recent cans have been bad. My new goal was to have a light everyday hairspray to hold bangs in place. The result is crunchy, sticky-looking strands, even through I used it from a reasonable distance. The hold is abysmal and completely falls apart with several touches, let alone wind. I will not continue use or repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used to buy expensive hairsprays...by expensive I mean $8-15, but after trying this brand I quit and am now on my 3rd bottle. I always use the '8', I switched to the 10 once but it left my hair crispy-ish. I've used the pump and aerosol, but just like aerosols more. I mainly use hairspray to tease my hair and then to set it after words and I have coarse curly hair.

Perhaps if you have fine straight hair that you just wish to set, then maybe this isn't fine or flexible enough for you.
But for my purposes it works wonderfully. I have black hair and I've never noticed it to turn white and flaky.
AND, one time I had a bottle of this hairspray and had just gotten TIGI0S Factor Vivacious hairspray as a gift which is like $30 hairspray, and the complete truth, I liked the Suave better. The TIGI smelled better but didn't last as long or hold as good as the Suave.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The one I am reviewing is called "Max Hold" and indicates it is a level 8 "for long lasting hold."

I am not a big hairspray person. I use a little from time to time when I flat iron my bangs, or do a pouf, or occasionally when I do an updo hair style to keep away flyaways. I have naturally curly hair, ans so there is always bound to be something hanging out, and I can live what that.

I bought this because it was cheap and I've never really noticed a huge difference in hairspray I've used, probably because I use so little and not very often. Well, this is the first time I ever used a hair spray I didn't like.

It makes my hair really crispy and it LOOKS shellacked. Ew. Worst of all, it leaves white flakes if it gets moved at all. Yeah, I guess it does an OK job of keeping hair in place, but I'd rather have a little frizz then white crispy bangs.

I cant wait to use it up. Tresemme & Garnier make much better options for inexpensive hair sprays. I am curious about their new "touchable finish" hairspray, and will probably give that a try, since I am usually pretty happy with Sauve products.

on 8/22/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My go-to hairspray used to be by Finesse. I don't know what happened, but I can no longer find the Finesse Brand hairspray.
Anyway, some time ago, I picked up a can of Suave hairspray. I like using hairspray in the hot, humid weather as it acts like a barrier for my hair in keeping it straight. Also, now that I figured how to put my hair in a 'retro" updo, I need hairspray to hold everything in place.
This suave spray works wonders. It goes on nice and "dry"--by that I mean it is not really wet--some sprays are like that and it does not do my hair any favors.
Anyway, this doesn't flake, keeps your hair in place and is dirt cheap. What isn't to love?

on 7/29/2011 4:44:00 PM

This review is for the aerosol Extreme 10 hairspray...which I hate! It does hold very well, but even the fastest of swipes across your hair literally leaves beads of hairspray! I should take a picture sometime...it's absolutely unreal! I know that manual pumps sometimes don't have a very fine spray, but that's why I buy aerosol...to get a fine mist of spray...but literally beads at least the size of the head of white-beaded straight pen! I'm guessing it holds so well because it puts out so incredibly much hairspray in one spray! Otherwise the smell is fine and the hold is fine...if you don't mind drowning when you apply it.

on 2/6/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to hairspray, can't be without it. Works great for creating scrunchy curls, or for straight styles. Doesn't flake, or feel sticky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used this for a curly look to go out with. It failed. Maybe it is the high humidity...it WAS cheap so I am not too heartbroken.

The strongest that I found was the 8 Max Hold. Maybe I will try the 10 Max Hold.

on 6/11/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Suave's regular hairsprays! They're cheap, aren't sticky, don't have an offensive smell, don't flake(unlike sooo many hairsprays I've tried), & have great hold. I like the aerosol ones, but my mom likes the spray bottle ones. I use Suave hairspray in a lighter hold, level 7, before styling my hair to help with styling it. Once it's all styled & in place I use the level 10 hairspray(which I think is Maximum Hold) to set it. Suave's regular hairsprays are the only ones I'll use.

on 1/13/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great stuff. What is it like $0.99 at Wal-Mart? You can't beat that. I usually use it when I curl my hair, and it holds the style very well. I'd reccomend to anyone looking for a simple hair spray.

Popular Styling Products