Stila Sheer Color Face Powder spf15

3.8

Got the lightest shade (1) but it looked unnaturally yellow. It's certainly not sheer on me - in fact it's heavy, powdery and fake. I hate that caked on look; it looks so unflattering and ageing. One lippie for its spf content (although I didn't leave it on my face long enough to benefit from this.)

on 4/13/2008 11:38:00 AM

It's gives me nothing but the blackheads.It 's just an ordinary powder nothing more.I have dry skin and I dont have any pimples or blackheads.When I wear this powder at the and of the day I have a lot blackheads.I have gave it 4 shot ,no way:(

on 12/16/2007 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product. I like it because:
- it gives me good coverage;
- it does not break me out, including when I jog with it on;
- it is SPF 15 and does work well in the sun;
- the colour works on me (I use Shade 2 and I use SX07 in Kevyn Aucoin).

It works best when applied after a good moisturiser (I use Ren's Mayblossom and Konjac) and does need a quick powder touch up at about lunch time.

on 1/5/2006 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This powder did not work at all for me. It seems more like a full coverage powder rather than a sheer powder. It made my nose look flakey and my pores look a lot bigger. The color was perfect for me, though. I ended up returning this product.

on 12/12/2005 6:54:00 PM

this is my first day wearing this and i hope i dont have any issues like some other gals but i love it. I have the number 2 version as i have NC30 skin.
it goes on super smooth (i used a brush this morning and will use the puff for touch ups).
it doesnt appear too thick or chalky so i'm happy with it.

on 9/29/2005 10:49:00 AM

After wearing this intermittently for awhile, I have finally come to fully appreciate this powder, after noticing that today when I was in a hurry and applied it directly over my regular Cetaphil moisturizer, I got to work and my skin looked just as great as it usually does with my BB extra tinted balm, and without the extra step! For a light powder just to dust on over foundation, I'd probably opt for the Stila illuminating pressed powder, but that is more expensive, and if you want to skip the TM/foundation step altogether this is a better bet. It has a nice texture and didn't cause any breakouts for me, and the SPF is an added benefit.
Packaging: I appreciate that the compact is included with this unlike Stila's IPF, and without the high price tag of their illuminating pressed powder. This has a large surface for the powder that makes application easy and a smallish mirror that I really don't find is that good for anything. I'd prefer a more sophisticated exterior as well. continued >>

on 6/27/2005 12:04:00 PM

I purchased this in Shade 1. It looked a bit yellow for me (PPP), but I figured it would be quite sheer. Wrong. This powder actually offers quite a bit of coverage and it was a bit heavier than I was looking for. The color actually does work, but it just looks too powder-y and matte. I've tried applying with a puff and with a brush, but I still get an overly made-up look. I'm sure this is a great powder if that's the look you're going for, but I'm taking off a few points because Stila labels it a sheer color powder and it obviously is not.

*edit* I have clear skin that usually isn't sensitive to products and this made me break out BADLY. This has only happened with a few products, one of the others being the Stila Tinted Moisturizer. I think after this experience, I'm pretty much done with Stila face products. I'll keep using the eyeshadows and lip colors, but probably nothing else.

on 6/25/2005 3:33:00 PM

I don't care for Stila's original pressed powder (colors are way too light), and I'm not fond of the Illuminating Powder Foundation (very little coverage for a foundation). I love this powder though. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I get better coverage from this than the IPF, without it looking too heavy. And for me the light shade is great, light but not Casper the Ghost light. It probably isn't light enough for PPPs, but Stila tends to expand its shades over time, and I would think more shades of this are forthcoming. Also it's SPF 15 with UVA protection, which is great. I already wear a sunscreen every day, but the extra protection certainly doesn't hurt. It feels really soft and smooth on the face, and lasts a good amount of time before needing to be touched up. By Stila standards, the packaging is rather blah, but hey, at least it ain't cardboard. Great product!

on 4/21/2005 2:10:00 PM

This is a fantastic pressed powder! I originally bought it for touchups over foundation, but then I realized that this has enough coverage and staying power to be worn alone over moisturizer for daily use. Naturally, this saves me tons of time! I used to have to budget ten minutes of my morning routine to doing my foundation/powder, but now I just moisturize, swipe on this Stila Powder, and go. I feel liberated. The finish is nice and yellow on my yellow-toned PPP skin and lasts most of the day.

on 3/14/2005 10:53:00 AM

This is an amazing powder. It is very sheer but also has great coverage...hard to explain. I use Shade 2 and it just gives my skin a bit of a boost and really keeps the oilies at bay. Definitely helps keep my makeup on throughout the day, even without foundation underneath. Plus,great SPF factor...great product!!

Popular Pressed Powders