October 22, 2014 | 1794 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - "Perfect Whip" Foam

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The main selling point of Perfect Whip is how much it can foam up. Is it really worth all the hype, other than it being able to whiz up into a big marshmallow?

I find that it is a decent foaming cleanser, that works the same as many other foaming cleanser in the market. It is fun to use, but not suitable for those who prefer efficiency.

Check out full review, test on makeup-removing ability, photos and price tips on: http://bit.ly/perfectwhip

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by queeniesiu18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of different cleansers ranging from brands like Neutrogena to Asian skin care brands. This is a really good cleanser for those with oily or combination skin types because it gives a squeaky clean feeling after cleansing. For people with dry skin, I do not recommend this product because your skin will most likely feel tight. A little bit of product goes a long way. You just need to make sure you lather the product up into form with wet palms (lather net works even better) and then massage your face in circular motion. I am not completely sure if this will remove makeup as I do double cleansing everyday; I use cleansing oil to remove my sunscreen/foundation and then this along with the clarisonic! This is a good product at a reasonable price! For under 10 CAD, I find this better than a lot of drugstore cleansers out there. More importantly, it is fragrance free :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by whitexfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The nice things about this cleanser are that it smells nice and it foams really well. It also seems like it would last a long time since only a tiny bit of the product is needed for a great lather which is why I rated this at a 3/5. However, after using the Perfect Whip cleanser a few times my skin looks really dull and is more oily than normal. There are also some dry patches around my lips and on my chin now too (a bit contradictory to the oily aspect, I know, but it's true D:). My skin is sort of sensitive so that's probably why I'm having a bad reaction to the Perfect Whip. So I guess if you have sensitive skin it might be best to look for a different cleanser.
I'm kind of disappointed that this cleanser didn't work very well for me. It seems to remove my foundation pretty well and it produces a really rich foam. But the harmful aspects of the cleanser greatly outweigh the foaming/economical parts. I think I'll just use this to clean my makeup brushes, that seems to be the only beneficial use for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by alee094

I bought this after seeing so many great reviews on it and seeing it literally ALL the time whenever I was in a local drugstore (I live in Taiwan).

It markets for around 4USD (if I convert it) which is very very affordable. It comes in a plastic squeezy tube which is pretty hygienic and allows for easy shower live-ability.

It is a creamy consistency that when lathered up becomes a thick creamy sort of foam. I do know that I can buy special things that can make the foam more whipped but I actually like the original creamy consistency and I lather it up a bit to make it apply on my face easier. It is one of the few foaming cleansers that I have tried that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. It just leave my skin feeling clean and fresh but still soft. I haven't broken out from it either and I think it is effectively helping to keep my pimples at bay.

it's honestly a great foaming cleanser that is great bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

At present, this is my HG cleanser.
After foaming up a pea sized amount, it literally leaves my skin squeaky clean. When I use toner afterward, the cotton pad is clean. It's just that good. If I do get an outbreak/hormonal acne, the perfect whip doesn't irritate it.

The only thing I do not like about this product is the smell. It kind reminds me of red bull and soap.

But considering the price that it is, and the good job it does.. I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by saerahong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on my second bottle. Each bottle lasts about half a year. I bought my first bottle in a department store in China for a little under 100RMB (~15USD) and a package of two bottles in Korea (at Olive Young) for roughly $15USD. I'm sure it's cheaper in Japan.

Foams and lathers well. I've used Shiseido products for a long time. Similar to the White Lucent and The Skincare cleansers actually; no noticeable difference for me.

It will dry you out the first few uses; just moisturize well and your skill will adapt. Since using this I have seen a noticeable clarity to my skin and my acne scarring is less visible. Not sure if it is correlated to this product.

Also, I used this when I lived in China and it really helped get clear out my pores from a day of exposing my skin to dirty air pollution!

I tried to use a new soap my mom swears by, but that made me breakout - so now I'm back to perfect white!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite face cleanser.
I have very oily skin and I usually only wear makeup on my eyes and brows. I'll remove most of it with Bioderma and then use this to wash my face. I put a pea size amount on a silicone scrubbing pad, moisten my face with water, and then gently scrub my face in circular motions for about two or three minutes. It foams up A LOT and gets any remaning makeup off of my face. It rinses off easily too. I follow up with my serums and lotions.
There isn't anything special about this product, but it's far better than any other cleanser I've tried. It was the first cleanser I ever started using, and that was about five years ago. In comparison to other face cleansers, this doesn't leave any residue and it cleans off all of the dirt and oil on my face, leaving it squeaky clean. It foams up very nicely with fine bubbles rather than becoming a paste or forming dishwash bubbles. My skin never feels dry or tight after using it, it just feels clean.
I buy it for anywhere between $10-16 Canadian from Asian supermarkets. I'll continue to repurchase this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was a teenager, foaming cleansers were like the plague to me! They were always so harsh and drying on my face. I first realised that good foaming cleansers do exist out there when I tried Shiseido's Extra Gently Cleansing Foam. It wasn't the best, but it did open my eyes a bit. I found my best foam cleanser to date in SKII Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser. It's a cleanser like no other and worth every dollar, but damn it's so expensive! A quick google search led me to Shiseido Perfect Whip. Cheap but so effective. The squeeze bottle is easy to control. I only need a pea sized smidge and it lathers up like a bubble bath! I use it after my Shu Uemura cleansing oil and my face feels so clean! Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Went to Tokyo recently, picked up 3 tubes of this.

Love it! As other reviewers stated, lives up to the hype. Feels light on my face, removes makeup efficiently with my clairsonic. Gentle enough even my 6 year old uses it!

Costs 300 yen ( 3 usd!) only in japan though. :-( checked ebay it's sold for 10 usd.

Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

It lived up to its hype. Can't believe shiseido made this so affordable! I was using ├ętude house olive foam cleanser and my face started to look darker and rougher. After I switched to shiseido even mum complimented that I looked more clear. My face tone went up a notch after this. I will buy this again as I am broke but this is cheap