Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

4.1

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This cleanser made my skin dry and flakey after 3 weeks of daily usage. I'd say steer clear of his cleanser because it has a ph of 8, which is extremely drying and bad for skin. Btw skin is combo/oily, so it is usually not prone to drying out. At first, i didnt notice because i was distracted by how smooth and whipped it felt on skin upon contact and didnt overdry skin. With prolonged use, it strips skin of moisture barrier and, also may aggregate acne due to overdrying. This cleanser does not remove nonwaterproof makeup well, so it is a huge waste. I would probably limit usage to once a week, so i could finish using it up and not waste product.

I fell in love with this product when I was on a holiday in Japan two years ago. It was quite cheap and since we've been travelling around and sweating non stop, I really felt like it cleansed my skin quite well.
It removes dirt,sweat and unblocks you pores without drying out your skin.

I still use this product to this day although it is has become quite expensive in my country.

on 4/8/2015 7:11:00 PM

My second bottle. :)
Love this stuff. After I remove my makeup with bioderma cleansing water I like to use this to extra clean my face to make sure all makeup are gone. I have sensitive combo skin. This doesn't irritate my skin like some other products. You don't need a foam net maker for it. I bought one and it's useless; save your money. Your hands can make the bubble easy.

on 3/7/2015 1:10:00 PM

I loved this stuff when I bought it in Japan, and I love it still. A tiny, tiny dab somehow manages to lather up to a thick, solid foam that covers your entire face. It can be a little bit difficult to rinse off because the foam is so incredibly thick, but when you do your skin looks fairer and brighter, and it leaves behind a nice smooth texture. This is the best cleanser I've ever used, and it cleans more effectively than western-style exfoliant scrubs with the abrasive particles in them.

on 2/20/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Adding 1 more lippie because it DOES take off ALL my makeup. I just need to gently massage my face for longer and yep, it washes off nice and clean. HG possibly. Let's hope!

It might be too soon to write a review but I really like this cleanser! First off, I was looking for a cleanser that wasn't too drying. I've been experiencing tons of dryness and although I have been moisturizing enough, I find out that my cleansers I have been using (neutrogena fresh foam cleanser mixed with Cetaphil gentle cleanser) has been too drying for my skin.

I looked at beauty blogs and found a video posted and was mesmerized by the foam. I mean how cool is that? (I am easily amused). And along with reviews on here and on amazon, I bought it. I used it for the first time last night and wow! I am in love! I seriously played with it the minute I got it delivered to my door. I wanted to create the lather and at first, I couldn't recreate it, but I tried it again in the shower after watching the video and aha! I did it! It took about 5 minutes and yes my hand and arm hurt but I did it! (I attached photo above) I probably wouldn't do that again, and I read a blog post about someone saying that life is too short to be beating up cleanser lol. I totally agree haha.

But this stuff definitely isn't too drying! I took one lippie off because I feel like it didn't completely take off my makeup. I could tell because I could see it, and my face definitely felt moist and not at all tight which I love. I have acne prone skin and no word yet on that. The fragrance is something I've smelled before could it be clearasil? Neutrogena? It smells so familiar clean but basic. Overall I think this stuff is great, however I would probably try to remove your makeup either with OCM or something first, because it won't make your face squeaky clean like some cleansers which is ok for me cause of my dry skin!

on 12/2/2014 5:18:00 AM

Great for combination skin, especially in the summer, it cleanses the skin very well without over drying. The texture is creamy and foams up very well, I use it along with my Olay brush cleansing system and works great. Don't know if it'll be suitable for dry skin though, because in the winter when my skin becomes drier, I would prefer a more gentle face wash. Overall, a very simple no frill product for combination skin leaning towards oily.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this from a drugstore in japan. Very inexpensive; I paid less than $6 for this product.

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. I do not use this everyday because I find that it is very drying on my skin.

You need the tiniest amount, less than a pea size. It lathers really well, doesn't have a scent and has a creamy texture. I don't find myself reaching for this so I would not repurchase.

on 10/22/2014 12:52:00 PM

This is a great cleanser. The texture is a thick cream that foams up. Works well with your hands a manual brush or electric brush. To get a great lather and foam a foaming net is great. This last a long time for the price you only need very little to effectively wash your face. Its cheap around $9-15USD depending on where sells it. It doesn't cause irritation or breakouts. Just don't get it into your eyes or it will sting. The only con is it slightly drying.

The main selling point of Perfect Whip is how much it can foam up. Is it really worth all the hype, other than it being able to whip up into a big marshmallow?

I find that it is a decent foaming cleanser, that works the same as many other foaming cleanser in the market. It is fun to use, but not suitable for those who prefer efficiency.

Check out full review, test on makeup-removing ability, photos and price tips on: http://bit.ly/perfectwhip

on 8/17/2014 9:37:00 AM

I've tried a lot of different cleansers ranging from brands like Neutrogena to Asian skin care brands. This is a really good cleanser for those with oily or combination skin types because it gives a squeaky clean feeling after cleansing. For people with dry skin, I do not recommend this product because your skin will most likely feel tight. A little bit of product goes a long way. You just need to make sure you lather the product up into form with wet palms (lather net works even better) and then massage your face in circular motion. I am not completely sure if this will remove makeup as I do double cleansing everyday; I use cleansing oil to remove my sunscreen/foundation and then this along with the clarisonic! This is a good product at a reasonable price! For under 10 CAD, I find this better than a lot of drugstore cleansers out there. More importantly, it is fragrance free :)