December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - "Perfect Oil" Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

This is one of the few Shiseido products that I don't like. It doesn't remove all my makeup and really stings my eyes. It leaves a filmy residue and feels really oily. Do not recommend!

Please watch my tutorial using this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jonny4

I have both the Perfect Oil and Perfect Watery Oil.

Perfect Oil:
Comes in a small 150ml pump bottle and claims to be able to remove white n black heads. It is a very watery clear oil that smells fruity. However it is hard to like as it leaves a oily layer on skin even after water is added n emulsification takes place. So u will need to follow up with your regular cleanser. works well I guess in removing sunscreen n BB cream. I do not like this product from at all.

Perfect Watery Oil:
Comes in a big 230ml bottle and claims to be usable with wet hands. This is true and this cleansing oil works very well for me. it cleans well, emulsifies well and doesn't leave a trace after u add water n rinse it off. One could skip the regular cleanser routine when using Watery Oil. But I do follow up with a foaming cleanser though just to be safe. This Watery Oil I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by imaunicorn

Didn't cause any break outs or made my dry cheeks any worse. Doesn't leave my face feeling oily. It's great for cleaning bb creams or any kind of facial products. But, yeah there's a but, it literally doesn't do anything for my eyes! I tried everything with this but it just doesn't clean my eye make up. I have to use an eye make up remover but other than that, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a shame. Liked the packaging, fragrance, price and accessibility of this cleansing oil, but it sadly clogged my pores. I was careful to only introduce this into an established routine and my skin slowly started getting worse. I stopped using this and went back to another oil cleanser (Hipitch) I'd been using and the clogs/irritation went away. I've got a nearly full bottle of this left, which I doubt I can use up. I won't buy this again. I also found that when i cleansed afterwards, that the lather went very quickly (if that makes sense). However, using the same cleanser after the Hipitch, this doesn't happen and the lather stays for longer when I cleanse. This made me wonder if the Shiseido Perfect Oil simply isn't 'rinsing' off very well and leaving more of a film on the skin, which caused my clogs. I'm not sure, but I can't risk using this any more.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by therearenonamesavailable

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not good for removing makeup. I washed my face with it and then used my clarisonic and my clarisonic brush was full of makeup. What a disappointment, since this is what I purchased it for. For washing my face after my makeup is removed by something else, its fine. Leaves my skin feeling soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purchased this because it was way cheaper than the sheseido makeup cleansing oil in the clear amber bottle. Well, sometimes cheap turns out expensive. This oil smells nice but does not work well like the other product and it leaves an oily residue where the other one does not. Also I have notice a cloudiness over one eye when I use it.

I have changed my mind on this product, though it is cheaper it works so much better except when using around the eyes it makes your sight cloudy. I will purchase this again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by xillam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using it only for a week and like it so far. My skin is VERY dry and sensitive and it doesn't leave my skin greasy and doesn't irritate it.
The only thing is the smell - i just don't like it.
i will try it out longer and if the result is good i could manage the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shiseido Fine Toiletry's (FT) Perfect Oil has been my staple makeup remover since RMK. It is a very runny liquid which I think is suitable for oily skin types. I like that it removes makeup well and washes off fairly easily without leaving too greasy a trace. I also always follow up with another cleanser after using cleansing oil (double cleanse). I like this much better than Shu Uemura's which is is too rich for my skin type. Compared to RMK, Pefect Oil is slightly below par in terms of scent and texture (slide), but the difference can be overlooked for Perfect Oil is unbeatable for its price. Nonetheless, I have also disovered Muji's Cleansing Oil to be an excellent alternative. There are many cleansing oils being released in the self-select department, and the temptation to try them is always there. But it is also good to know that there is a good basic cleansing oil to fall back to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has quickly become my favorite face cleaner. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now and I've gotten no breakouts, and my skin seems to be in better condition than before I used it.

This is my very first oil cleanser so I can't compare it to others, but so far, I really really like this cleanser. I apply it to my dry face without any water, and I use 2 pumps to take off all my face and eye MU (revlon colorstay foundation and waterproof e/l and mascara). I rub it in my face and eyes for about a minute before I rinse off and finish by using my clean & clear foaming facial wash for sensitive skin to take off the oil residue that's left behind.

The perfect oil cleanser takes off all of my w/p MU on my face and eyes, and it doesn't dry out my skin either. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it does leave behind some oily residue and the bottle is quite small (150 mL) for the price that I paid ($14.99 + tax) at my local 99 Ranch store.

I would definitely repurchase this cleanser, and maybe next time I'll stop by Mitsuwa instead of 99 Ranch, maybe it'll be cheaper there.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by kikihony

this is the only shiseido cleansing products that let me down. i hoped i can clean oil with water and get the clean feel, but this is just oil that does not dissolve into water at all. big disapointment... foaming cleansers are the best though...