Johnson & Johnson Johnson's Softwash Calming Body Wash

3.7

on 3/29/2009 9:13:00 AM

This gentle, calming body wash with added 1/3 baby lotion is ideal for a pre-bedtime bath :)
While the thick, creamy formula does not lather easily, leaving the wash on for just a little while longer before rinsing keeps my skin soft & smooth, thus eliminating the need for a separate body moisturizer. Good for lazy days, or when you just can't be bothered to slap on another layer of body lotion after a shower :p
For those with concerns about skin sensitivity, here's the list of ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Fragrance, Styrene/Acrylates Coplymer, Sodium Laureth-13 Carboxylate, Acrylates Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG-45M, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/9/2008 4:50:00 AM

Nothing special, not very interested in the scent too and it leaves a film behind on the skin .

on 12/3/2007 12:47:00 AM

I absolutely adore this body wash, and I am worried they are DC'ing it because I am starting to run out and haven't found it in any stores recently. I hope they keep it around because the scent is soooo lovely and the wash is nice and moisturizing. I am surprised other reviewers on here say it dried out their skin -- I have fairly picky skin and this stuff has been great for me. I moisturize areas after I shave using the Softwash, but otherwise I don't even need to moisturize.

on 10/4/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this stuff really is calming and smells wonderful. It actually smells just like the bedtime baby bath stuff. It lathers really really well - best I have ever seen.

on 9/6/2007 3:02:00 PM

I use the J&J massage moisturizer in lavender, which has a strong scent that I can smell even when I apply it only to my legs. I figured I'd try the body wash to use after I jog at night, thinking it would relax me and send me off to a deep sleep. Nah... the smell is light and doesn't last. Sure, it's moisturizing and lathers nicely, but I expected more.

on 3/25/2007 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Freaking AWFUL. I bought this and after I did I read the reviews on here, too late. This horrendous crap dries out my skin and makes me itchy. It's disgusting. I know it's the wash's fault, because as soon as I quit using it, my skin felt great again. Ew, do not buy, will never EVER repurchase.

on 11/12/2006 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

very, very moisturizing - i can go without lotion when using this. BUT, it simply smells terrible, way too strong for my sensitive nose and i keep smelling this on my skin hours later. won't repurchase, because it doesn't agree with my nose.

on 7/17/2006 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As others have said, it smells nice but that's it. It made me dry & itchy each time I used it, and I have pretty unsensitive skin. I usually use neutrogena acne wash in the shower and this stuff is way harsh compared to even that. I thought maybe it was just my imagination, so I put it in the handsoap container by my sink, and it made my hands SUPER-DRY and they cracked and bled. So I retired it. I can't believe this stuff was in the baby isle. If I had used this on my baby I'd be SO MAD!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this body wash. It smells so good and has a soft, soothing lavendar scent that definitely has a calming effect. It has a very rich and creamy lather and rinses clean. Before trying the softwash bodywash, I was using the Johnson's bedtime bath (my very favorite body wash of all time) and I love this one almost as much, and it's much more moisturizing but doesn't have the pure clean smell of the baby bath, but smells really nice anyway. This is my favorite brand of body washes, I love the lavendar scent and this is a definite repurchase for me. Hydrating, soothing and my skin feels baby soft and smells wonderful, shower after shower! Definitely my HG body wash! :)

on 12/20/2005 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This wash is a staple in my shower..cleans well and smells fabulous..also..it rinses clean..I just adore this whole line. I hope they never D/C it

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products