November 22, 2014 | 1712 users online

Gels/Soaps - Johnson & Johnson - Johnson's Softwash Calming Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by yiingz

This gentle, calming body wash with added 1/3 baby lotion is ideal for a pre-bedtime bath :)
While the thick, creamy formula does not lather easily, leaving the wash on for just a little while longer before rinsing keeps my skin soft & smooth, thus eliminating the need for a separate body moisturizer. Good for lazy days, or when you just can't be bothered to slap on another layer of body lotion after a shower :p
For those with concerns about skin sensitivity, here's the list of ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Fragrance, Styrene/Acrylates Coplymer, Sodium Laureth-13 Carboxylate, Acrylates Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG-45M, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Nothing special, not very interested in the scent too and it leaves a film behind on the skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by emyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this body wash, and I am worried they are DC'ing it because I am starting to run out and haven't found it in any stores recently. I hope they keep it around because the scent is soooo lovely and the wash is nice and moisturizing. I am surprised other reviewers on here say it dried out their skin -- I have fairly picky skin and this stuff has been great for me. I moisturize areas after I shave using the Softwash, but otherwise I don't even need to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lljohnson3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff really is calming and smells wonderful. It actually smells just like the bedtime baby bath stuff. It lathers really really well - best I have ever seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I use the J&J massage moisturizer in lavender, which has a strong scent that I can smell even when I apply it only to my legs. I figured I'd try the body wash to use after I jog at night, thinking it would relax me and send me off to a deep sleep. Nah... the smell is light and doesn't last. Sure, it's moisturizing and lathers nicely, but I expected more.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Steph1820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Freaking AWFUL. I bought this and after I did I read the reviews on here, too late. This horrendous crap dries out my skin and makes me itchy. It's disgusting. I know it's the wash's fault, because as soon as I quit using it, my skin felt great again. Ew, do not buy, will never EVER repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by dreamingangel

very, very moisturizing - i can go without lotion when using this. BUT, it simply smells terrible, way too strong for my sensitive nose and i keep smelling this on my skin hours later. won't repurchase, because it doesn't agree with my nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2006 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra_F

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As others have said, it smells nice but that's it. It made me dry & itchy each time I used it, and I have pretty unsensitive skin. I usually use neutrogena acne wash in the shower and this stuff is way harsh compared to even that. I thought maybe it was just my imagination, so I put it in the handsoap container by my sink, and it made my hands SUPER-DRY and they cracked and bled. So I retired it. I can't believe this stuff was in the baby isle. If I had used this on my baby I'd be SO MAD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 4:32:00 AM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this body wash. It smells so good and has a soft, soothing lavendar scent that definitely has a calming effect. It has a very rich and creamy lather and rinses clean. Before trying the softwash bodywash, I was using the Johnson's bedtime bath (my very favorite body wash of all time) and I love this one almost as much, and it's much more moisturizing but doesn't have the pure clean smell of the baby bath, but smells really nice anyway. This is my favorite brand of body washes, I love the lavendar scent and this is a definite repurchase for me. Hydrating, soothing and my skin feels baby soft and smells wonderful, shower after shower! Definitely my HG body wash! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This wash is a staple in my shower..cleans well and smells fabulous..also..it rinses clean..I just adore this whole line. I hope they never D/C it