July 22, 2014 | 2086 users online

Fragrance - Comme des Garcons - Comme des Garcons 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

My absolute favourite fragrance ever! I had been pining over this for so long and then just purchased it on a whim and have loved it ever since. It is rather unique and a list of notes is evidence to that - ink, magnolia and patchouli create a grassy, almost oriental-woody scent that develops into a deep musky scent as it wears. It is also one of the best wearing fragrances i own, with it lasting for an incredible amount of time. The luxe curved bottle is also testament to Comme des Garçons and how their perfume range is top of the line. Such an iconic fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ccspringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first few times I tried CdG 2, I was intrigued by the unique notes - but after more thorough testing and really living with the fragrance for a while, I was disappointed that 2 wasn't as unusual and special as I had hoped. My first impressions were that this was a smooth, inky fragrance with a thoroughly modern aldehyde opening. Weightless yet totally smooth. Something about the opening texture had me hooked. It smelled like a synthetic material being used on something natural - like ink on a wooden scroll.
But throughout the drydown, CdG 2 became more and more floral and less and less unusual. A few hours in, it was just a woodsy rose with a light vetiver base. Where did that glorious inky smell go? In the end, CdG 2 was like a brief crush - infatuation for the first few days, but after some time together comes the vaguely disappointing revelation that your crush is really not that special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Weird ink and citrus first on my skin. Citrus appears nowhere in the list of notes. Most of the other notes are identifiable if you concentrate, but the standout is the burnt pine needles of Sumi ink and this weird citrus note. DD is soft plastic smoky orange vanilla without real vanilla notes. Final DD 7 hours later is a lovely light soft floral incense that is barely there. My sister smells the Sumi very strongly the whole time and while it's an odd note, it's also rather fun, (art majors; go figure) and we both like this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I spritzed this on the other day in the store...the opening being one of the most bizarre, metallic, masculine and not-to-my-liking openings I have ever smelled. I then did my grocery shopping and walked around the shopping centre to find that I smelled gorgeous. The floral notes had developed and were not overtly floral in a girly, mainstream way, but in a sophisticated, understated way. I ended up loving this and two separate times later (each time I sprayed, was almost revolted, then loved it), I decided it was bottle worthy. I have had this for 2 weeks and am getting through my 50mls pretty fast. I have received compliments on it too. Definitely worth the spray test, just be wary that it might absolutely reek in the beginning, but the wait is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by IrisNobile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The two reasons I ordered this stuff: I liked the way it's notes were described, whether I could like this in real life, or I would just appreciate sniffing it once, also a friend of mine told me she used to have it and liked it a lot. Well it was her B-day coming up so I decided to order it for her. This discounter website was selling it at some good prices: I ordered two 15 ml bottles, in white cute furry covers. I wasn't able to stop myself and I opened one of the boxes for myself. And...

What a beautiful suprise! I could smell this metallic ink scent that's for sure, but it was surrounded by beautiful... aldehydes! I always hate aldehydes in perfumes but this was incredible! Not the regular granny stuff. Sweet-spicy-metallic-modern aldehyde opening just made me fall in love with it. But that's not the end of the story. Not only did it bloom on my skin like a gorgeous, to-die-for perfume, but it lasted for hours and hours. I could smell woods, angelica roots, spicy floral notes.... stunning. Just at the dry-down I can also smell mate-absolute, an ingredient so widely used by Comme des Garcons. It dries down so beautifully I am unable to understand why would anyone even rate it low. It is unique, comme des garconish, young and elegant, but also different than anything else I know, This scent can have as any faces as You need, for an office it would be a very elegant fragrance, for a party an interesting creation. Great!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok I get the "ink" and "Japanese paper", but it definitely reminds me of Weil Antilope, a fusty old dowager's perfume - heavy, musty, overly spicy, and just bad. I must have the wrong chemistry for this because I found it simply awful.....and I just couldn't get it off - it's indelible ink!
Wish Avignon or one of CdG's better creations lasted as long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic fragrance. While it develops it shows so many faces and changes from strong, woody-balsamic-spicy in top notes through "metallic" middle phase to a soft, gentle, warm scent. Drydown is almost baby-soft, warm and clean like a summer breeze, yet incredibly feminine on my skin. It is incredible how 'chameleonic' and full of surprises this fragrance is (like some ladies already noted in their reviews)...almost "masculine", strong and "tough" at the beginning to such a warm and gentle, cuddling, comforting drydown.
Well, "8 88" and "2" are may favorites in CdG line. As far as I am concerned, I prefer top and middle notes in CdG "8 88" but the drydown is by far better and more beautiful in "2". All in all, I think that "2" is more complex and somehow "smarter", finer fragrance than "8 88". It is harder to understand it ("8 88" with its nice, pleasant and warm "golden" top notes is more beautiful on the first impulse) but when you do this fragrance grows on you and it is a HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by warmbroodje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sprayed a bit of "2" on my arm when I was in a Les Cortes des Ingles store in Valencia, Spain, walking and sniffing through the perfume corner. It didn't impress me and I forgot about it....untill an hour later when I was driving back home and had to sniff on my arm...over & over again!! WOW!, (I have to buy this) But couldn't remember what I sprayed because I'd held so many bottles in my hand. Luckily I saw an advertising the next day and recognized the bottle, so I ordered one.
It's like nothing I know, it's unusual (I like that), and becomes a really very soft woody smell. Last night I danced a few hours and this beautiful perfume was all around me, close.
Hope this will never discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Le WOW! This is, hands down, the strangest fragrance I've ever tried: every time I sniff it, it smells different, and I am all but incapable of pinning down any of the myriad olfactory presentations it offers. From the moment I put it on, it was as though there was nothing there -- nothing . . . but something. It is reminiscent of "void", to me. It conjures no mental pictures, it revives no latent memories. For a while, I thought I could pick out some bitter orange, or lime peel -- something sharply citrusy, but amorphous. And then I thought I had a little cumin, but cumin closer to that you might find in a fresh nectarine salsa -- light and fresh -- rather than something heavily stewed. Then, as I went through the smell catalog in my head, I thought the lightly incensed vibe of it might be similar to Avignon -- a cold, light, stony incense. And now I'm just at a loss. Whatever it is, whenever I sniff it, it's really good; light and soft and very close to the skin. I'm completely smitten and utterly fascinated -- I've found the olfactory equivalent of the effect great fatigue has on my eyes, when I'm unable to see something clearly unless I look at it sideways, and even then only briefly. Definitely FBW.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by evalien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Comme des Garcons is such a fantastic surprise when it comes to perfumes. Their series are just daring. Skai, Tar, Rubarb. Although only a few really work for me in daily life, I'm terribly impressed. 2 is one of the most functional scents in the bunch. Oriental but with some nice surprises. The ink scent is lovely. It starts of a bit metallic on me but soon develops into a nice warm scent. Anecdote time: every time a boyfriend and i met up I would be wondering how my perfume could smell so fresh when i'd sprayed it on so many hours ago. The mystery was solved after many weeks, when I noticed a bottle of Comme des Gracons 2 in his room. He owned the mens and the womens/unisex version. (pocket size bottle is great as well)