Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

3.5

Active ingredient: Salicylic acid 2.0% Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium laureth sulfate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, lauric acid, betaine, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, glyceryl oleate, sodium hydroxide, polyquaternium-7, menthol, disodium EDTA, BHT, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, fragrance

on 4/8/2015 9:21:00 PM

So I'm not a typical teenager- a lot of teenagers have acne, especially at my age (15-16), but I have none. I have an oily t-zone and normal-dry skin everywhere else (mainly normal). About a year to a year and a half ago, when most of the people in my grade started getting acne, I figure I should probably start taking care of my skin. Moisturizing, cleansing once a day, etc. so I picked up this cleansers because it claimed to "prevent blemishes". Honestly, I can't say if that's true or not, but it does leave your skin feeling nice and refreshed. Definitely cools your skin. Also, it doesn't dry out my skin, and it does help my oily zones. Overall I would recommend. I let my cousin try it when she was having some breakouts, and she loved how it felt. I think it helped her breakouts! I am not found of the pump for traveling, but it's good for keeping at home.

WARNING: LONG & DETAILED REVIEW!!

I don't have acne prone skin. Normally I'd get one or two blemishes with some small red spots around my forehead and chin area at a time, and they were usually the ones that could easily be covered with concealer. But at the beginning of this year, in January, I had the worst case of acne that I've ever experienced. My chin completely broke out with large, red pimples that were really painful and couldn't be concealed at all.

Then one day my friend and I went to our local Priceline to check out the Biore range, because we had tried a few of their products which we enjoyed and my friend wanted to try out what else they had to offer. I was feeling really self conscious about my acne, and they were really throbbing and hurting to the point where I felt sick and wanted to go home. While my friend was choosing what she wanted to buy, I noticed the Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser, and my first thought was that the words 'Ice Cleanser' was exactly what I needed at that time. The product described the cleanser to 'cool down' blemishes, which was like music to my ears. So I bought it, and 3 hours later when I was home I gave it a try.

The feeling of applying it was very relaxing - it felt like having both a strong breath mint and water at the same time - but on your face! It was very cooling to my breakouts. After I washed it off my skin felt kind of tingy but in a good way, and I remember thinking that it would be good to use in the morning to 'wake up' your skin.
A few hours after using it I was extremely impressed! All the harsh breakouts had shrunk down and were no longer sore, and were at a point where I would be able to successfully conceal them. Considering earlier that day I was in so much pain that I felt sick, I felt like it was a game changer for me.

A month after I bought it I had used it every day to get rid of the remaining blemishes, but unfortunately I don't think this cleanser helps to get rid of them, but only to cool harsh breakouts. I still had scarring (which was expected) and continued to get blemishes, however they stayed little and concealable thanks to this cleanser. I also started to get dry skin around the blemishes, but a bit of moisturiser solved that issue.

Now it's the beginning of April and not much has changed since February, however my acne is just about cleared up. I still have a small bit of scarring which is almost healed, and a few blemishes that havn't flared up since I started using this cleanser. However I don't experiencing the 'cooling' feeling anymore, but that could be because I'm now used to it. I'm going to reduce how often I use it, and use it maybe once or twice a week, or whenever I get harsh breakouts as I don't feel like everyday use is doing much.

My opinion of this cleanser after using it for 4 months is that I feel like it isn't a solution to getting rid of or preventing acne, but it does help to reduce it. If there is anyone who experiences large flare ups that are really painful, I seriously suggest this cleanser. But it is nowhere near a solution to breakouts!

on 3/27/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

First off, I usually don't write review because my experience with products is always different. But for this cleanser I had too. What you should know, is that I have oily/combo skin, I mostly get oily on my nose and the rest of my face is pretty normal. I was in search of a new cleanser for my face because I had ran out of my St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser and Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (didn't work for me, skin look the same, but that another review), so I googled cleanser for oily skin and this cleanser was suggest. I purchased this cleanser at Zehrs for $6.99. When I first used it , it left a tingling mint feeling on my face, but it did not bother me. I bought this on March 17 and being use it and I can see the difference in my skin. My blemishes on my chin and forehead are slowly but surely going. This product have 2% salicylic acid which is killed all blemishes and acne that was on my face and any this may have come during my time of the month. The packaging of this cleanser is very good, I love that is has a pump and colour on the bottle. The cleanser itself is very good, it clears my skin and kill all blemishes and acne, I personally love the feeling the the tingling mint feeling on my face, this tells that the product did it job. I used the cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia, I only use this cleanser in the morning and I'm truly loving this cleanser. I would repurchase when I run out. I recommend that people with acne-prone skin, oily, and combination skin try this cleanser, there is no harm in try and if it doesn't work for you try a different cleanser.

on 3/20/2015 9:42:00 PM

This is my go to face cleanser! Goodness does this help me out! I break out occasionally, more often than others and this product is my savior! It dries up pimples in about 1-2 days depending and wow I just love it. It is very drying, so I DO NOT recommend it to people with sensitive skin. But overall I love it and it is a product that I constantly buy :)

I was that girl growing up in high school that never suffered from a break out never suffered from bad skin and barely ever had to worry about what I ate affecting my complexion... it stayed that way up until about 1.5 - 2 years ago (I'm now 23) and then it started and I have struggled ever since, and wowzers adult acne is so much more stubborn and hard to get rid of!! I have a very strict diet that I follow now in order to keep the break outs under control but if I ever get weak and have even the tiniest snack my face hates me!! :( I had tried many different face wash's and products, until I stumbled across this product, and my oh my this stuff is unbelievable especially for the price! it completely takes my make up off and it completely removes excess oil and dirt (just like it says it does) and leaves my skin feeling amazing! Now I do have to warn you it does leave your skin feeling a little bit tight however that's easily cured by using a good moisturizer (which should always be used anyway).. I made a silly mistake of purchasing a different product when I couldn't find my beloved Biore in stock anywhere.. and what a disaster it was.. I used the face wash for as long as I could and it completely reversed all the hard work I'd done to get rid of my blemish's, as soon as I saw this product back in stock I went and bought it again straight away and I can safely say I don't think I will ever feel the desire to use a different face wash! I swear by this product and have recommended it to many friends and family members who now after using it swear by it as well!

on 3/15/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I use this at night to take all of my makeup off and it does an incredible job. It leaves my face feeling tingly and refreshed (great during summer), and does not break me out. In fact, I would say this keeps acne away. Caution to dry skin girls/guys as this product leaves my oil/combo skin very dry (that is why I only gave it 4 lippies). As a extra bonuses, you only need a small amount to wash the entire face and it comes in a sanitary pump.

on 12/16/2014 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

hi, i just purchased one from superdrug for £3.32 on offer, i used it on my combo face with extreme oily t zone. Best result achieved by my olay rotating face brush. After this wash in shower my face felt like breathing again, with slight cool sensation. As for blemish fighting claim, i can not comment as I just used it and loved the deeply clean feeling. But again it would probably not achive this result if i was to just to pump onto my hands then splash wash my face like the morning waking up wash. I am hoping this would help once wonderful skin of mine now covered with sun stains from NZ sun, aling with another good product called Orogold 24K Deep Peeling. Would beware of soft gentle areas like around eyes and lips for me middle if my cheeks while using it with brush, also the ones with sensitive skin should avoid. If you are fed up with oilt t zone go and grab one today

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello All!
I know people that swear up and down by Biore products. I am not one of those people. My skin is VERY sensitive. I get a lot of acne on my forehead and chin. I have used almost every product I could get my hands on. I eventually heard of Biore. I bought this product, although mine was in a slightly different bottle. I use one pump of the product in the morning and one at night.

I've only been using it for a little bit, and was terrified when it started to dry out my skin (in the cheeks and nose area) but within a few days I could see my acne diminishing. This product leaves an icy cool feel on your face that is very refreshing.

It's also best to use this product alongside other Biore products for the best in acne treating results. But if you only want one, I would suggest this one.

on 10/25/2014 3:06:00 PM

The most amazing product ever. It works wonders but it is pretty harsh so if you have sensitive skin maybe try something else. I love the feeling after you wash your face and its nice and cold, its really refreshing. I use this product daily and have just bought an extra two to stock up since they were on sale for $3.99.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this product and used it until I ran out. While using it my skin was clear, and it left my face feeling clean without drying it out. My only tiny complaint is that it smells very strong. I would definitely repurchase.