November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - MK signature eye color, rose mist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rose mist is a staple in my eyeshadow collection. This shadow is perfect to sweep over your entire lid with Moonstone as a highlighter. I use a PX Moonbeam eyeliner in Twilight and it makes a great subtle combination. MK eyeshadows have staying power and they are so inexpensive...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rose Mist is a wonderful pinky neutral that doesn't irritate my eyes (pinks usually bother me.) The texture of MK shadows is soft, but the color pay-off is less than you get with MAC or Stila. Still, I like these shadows--it's hard to mess them up because they don't go on in a dark blob. I'd say their staying power sans primer is average to low-average.

The cassette these come in is a half-lozenge shape (rounded on one end, flat on the other) to fit in the Platinum cases from MK. Well, these have been discontinued in favor of a very sleek new squarish case with rectangular single (smaller) shadows. And Rose Mist and other of these shadows are going bye-bye, too. So if you like them, I suggest looking to find one of the large palettes on sale (auction site? craigs?) and fill it up as these are not easy to carry unless you keep the plastic sleeve that they come in. This is a clear plastic cover that more or less keeps them covered but the single shadow is hard to hold by itself. Not impossible though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by addysmom

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. It is not overpowering. I wear this alot with jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts. Great for weekend make-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A nice neutral fleshy light to medium pink/champagne color that is a little too light for the lid color, for me. It actually applies lighter than it looks in the pan and is a nice wash color on me. I'm a MAC NC30. Mary Kay's eyeshadows last all day without creasing, go on very silky and they are nicely pigmented. Not as pigmented as MAC, UD or NYX, but they are definitely on par with things like Lancome, EL or Aveda. This is a very wearable neutral and pairs well with lots of colors. The Mary Kay refillable compact system is quite annoying and they should offer the option of a refillable palette with lots of spaces for eyeshadows (like MAC) and not a space for lipstick or blush that you may not use; or let you buy singles instead. I hate the refill system.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:05:00 AM More reviews by thila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am able to apply this at 5 in the morning and it lasts until late in the evening. This is a great neutral color with a little shimmer. I would like to find this shade in a matte color which is somewhat hard to find in the Signature line. The one caveat is that you need a Mary Kay compact to place it in and if your compact is full then off you go to buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by stluciabride

This is a beautifully romantic color. I use it alone, or layered in the crease over spun silk e/s, and i always get compliments! Really plays up brown eyes! Took away a lippie, b/c even with a primer, i get creases before the end of the night

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 10:49:00 AM More reviews by cellogal

Like all MK eye colors, this one lasts all day without creasing, which is quite important! It's a beautiful color, but one caveat: MK recommends this as a lid color, which may be fine on the right color, but with my light skin, it makes me look like I have allergies if I use it on my lids! It's much better on the browbone as a highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2004 1:08:00 AM More reviews by shapinup

This is a peachy/rose shade used in the crease. It looks fine on me but isn't my favorite color. It is finely milled and does look very natural with a crease brush. I love the packaging of this eyeshadow because I have the color palette. If you don't have a MK compact, you probably would find this eyeshadow a little annoying to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by merleskaya

I'm a MAC (NW20, brown/brown) and Stila girl for the most part shadow-wise because I can find long-lasting high-quality neutrals that can be moved around between standard-sized palettes. I usually wear taupes and mauves; this to me is a unique shade. I use it often because it's so easy. It's a medium rose shimmer with a beige-y spin on it that makes it the single most adaptable shadow I own. It's unbeatable on the lid with MAC Shroom as an all-over wash. I do NOT like the MK shovel-shaped pan that makes it suitable for a perfect fit only in an MK palette. I stuck a magnet on the bottom and plopped it into my ancient Stila 9 pan. (It's not the most aesthetically pleasing arrangement I've ever seen, but I don't want to buy a palette for one MK shade.) The closest I've found to a shade like this is MAC Girlie, but Rose Mist is just a bit deeper and less frosty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2004 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Divancura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous shimmery pink. I use this as a midtown with sheer pink and sugar plum.

The packaging isn't great though. Its hard to use if you don't have a palette.