September 22, 2014 | 1568 users online

Gels/Soaps - Korres - Mint Tea Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I bought this after seeing a review of it on YouTube. The beauty blogger reviewing it was so complimentary about it and enthused so much, I genuinely felt like I was missing out by NOT trying it. And I'm not usually taken in by such rave reviews by one person...!

Anyway, after using this for the last month or so, I can now understand why the reviewer in question was raving about it so much. This is a really lovely, soft, moisturising, non-drying, pleasantly scented shower gel that always manages to bring a smile to my face whenever I use it. I think it's fair to say that the scent of this isn't going to be to everyone's tastes. As another reviewer mentions here it has quite a masculine scent, but I personally love its warm notes and the fact that on my skin it lingers long after I've showered. It also foams up pretty well, especially when used with a shower scrunchy.

As you would expect from Korres this is mineral oil, silicones and propylene glycol free, although it does still have SLS in it as the second ingredient. Korres are very good at listing very clearly on their packaging what each of their products contains though, so it's easy to see whether it's a product you're happy to try or would rather avoid.

This shower gel has definitely made it onto my long-term favourites list and for 8.00GBP, it's not going to break the bank either (especially as a lot of the online places you can get this from quite often do special offers on Korres products).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this while on holiday in Greece, and spent some time sniffing my way through the different fragrances. I tend to like fresh, citrusy fragrances in showergel, but Korres Citrus didn't appeal to me (too masculine), and after having a hard time to decide between whether to choose Spearmint or Mint Tea, I went for the latter. So far, so good. This showergel is decent enough; it has a quite slippery texture, yet produces a certain amount of lather, unlike e.g. REN showergels (which I much prefer). But the scent has done the opposite of growing on me. It doesn't at all smell of mint tea, but has a rather unpleasant masculine note which fortunately doesn't linger. But since life is too short to use not-quite-there products, I will use it up (or rather: trick my hb into using it) and not look back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: Smells fantastic while you're using it, leaves skin feeling moisturized and soft, price (if you get it on sale- I got it on Hautelook for about 5)
Cons: Doesn't lather very much (I use a Salux bath cloth- it absolutely did not lather as much as my regular liquid Dove soap). The smell does not stay on the skin, so while you will feel minty fresh whilst showering, it won't last very long. And... price, if you pay full price.

I would not purchase this at full price, but at the price I paid for it, sure. So I'll give it a yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by winhkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

to be honest, i dont think 'mint tea' smelt all that minty! the smell doesnt linger after your shower, and the product doesnt foam like most shower gels seem to. if you dont mind it, it still feels pretty cleansed up afterwards!

i fell in love with this in england on holidays but didnt want to purchase it as it was pricey compared to like, supermarket stuff. ended up getting it in germany because i just could not resist, and honestly, it was so much cheaper in UK !!

ive done alot of research and i know greece has it best $ wise. from experience, UK was cheaper than Germany, but it is A KILLER IN SINGAPORE AND AUSTRALIA !!

if you get to travel, stock up! in aus, its not even that easier to find a place that sells a good range either

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It has no parabens or harsh ingredients and you can get it for a fair price. It doesn't dry my skin and it foams well so it's easy to work with. As for the smell it's nice and fresh, but sometimes it reminds me too much of a perfume for men, so maybe this is a good showergel for your man! I prefer the one with the Japanese Rose scent which is such a relaxing and cosy smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a nice clean and zippy shower gel to use in the morning and in the hot summer months.I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of "mint" body products. This mint scent smells so clean and fresh and leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed. This is also another great unisexed product if you have to share a bathroom with a dude!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by elinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

i do love all kinds Korres showder gel, body butter and body milk. i've been using them years, would definitely re-purcahse anytime.
this one is perfect for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by EarlyBirdie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect to love this as much as I do. First of all the smell is great, very unisex and fresh. It also lathers very well with my Salux cloth and leaves me clean yet moisturized and soft. I don't think I'd buy it at full price; can't see myself spending around $15 on a wash, but I got it at TJ Maxx for a good price. I will definitely be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I absolutely love this shower gel. It smells great and cleanses thoroughly without stripping the natural oils from my skin. I also use it as a shave gel on my armpits when I'm in a hurry. I'm on my second bottle and will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I love this stuff, its great and wonderful smelling and ah! I just love it, but I also am big on natural products, no parabens and all that, It kills me, but I don't see how they can call this shower gel "Natural" because its full of chemicals! (tear!) So I'm going to use it all up and enjoy it but I can't buy it again because I really think chemicals are bad for your body!