LUSH Skin's Shangri-la

4.1

Queen of Hungary Water, Cold Pressed Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Fresh Wheatgrass Decoction (Triticum vulgare), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cold Pressed Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Beeswax (Cera alba), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Lanolin, Triethanolamine, Perfume, Propylparaben,

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When winter starts my skin gets super dry very flaky. I've purchased tons and I mean tons of products and some worked a little but none as well as this stuff. Yes its pricey wish it was a cheaper (who doesn't wish products were cheaper) but the container last me almost a year and it works. A little goes a long way. This is a heavier product not a light moisturizer. But if you have dry skin give it a try. You can request a sample at the store to see how it works. Even the small sample last a week or more.

I got this to used at night and cosmetic lad for day time. I love this cream. I have dry skin and cosmetic lad need some help. I only used little bit of this cream and my skin feels moist and soft. the only con is smell weird, but smell goes away quickly. The smell will not stop me from buying this cream at all. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is extremely dry. It gets red and flaky. It even cracks. Everything makes it worse and everything stings. Except this. This saved my skin. It is a very very heavy moisturizer. So I use Lush's Gorgeous all over my face, then I apply this in the areas that need it. It is expensive but if you suffer from unbelievably sensitive skin like I do, please trust me that it is worth it. Also, a little goes a LONG long way...so it'll last a while. Mine lasted me 10 months.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I went to Lush determined to buy 'Skin Drink'. Unfortunately - or fortunately - they did not have it in stock and the lady told me that this was better than Skin Drink, and indeed the best of the best. I was hesitant because it comes in this tiny tub and costs $50, but I decided to just go for it (largely due to the fact that the saleswoman was absolutely fantastic) and my God am I glad I did.This moisturiser is the moisturiser of my dreams. My skin is like sandpaper and I have spent my life and I dare say billions of dollars trying to find a moisturiser that even just made my skin better than it was. I've tried high end products, strange products over the internet, rose hip oil etc etc. Everything. This is the only product that has not only worked, but it works exceptionally. My face is like a baby's bottom. I get especially dry around my nose, upper lip and around the eyes and this not only clears the flakey bits there - which no other product I have tried could - but my skin glows like new. And though it does come in this tiny tub, you do not need much to moisturise your whole face; I've used it everyday for the past two weeks and have only used what was on the lid. I cannot express how much I love this moisturiser in words sgjnagjankvnso

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i received a sample of this, and loved it! the sample lasted me for 2 months, because i reall tried to make it last. i have oily, acne-prone skin and the cream felt a bit heavy for me. however, it made my skin super soft and cleared up lots of my acne! absolutely love it!

on the downside, it doesn't smell so great, kind of like soy? it's also rather expensive, around $50AUD. i dont really like tubs, where you have to dip your fingers in over and over, i find it a bit unhygenic.

overall, i love this product, and would definitely splurge on it when i have the money. in general though, its a bit too expensive for me.

I received a free sample of this based upon recommendation from a SA at
Lush. It smells kinda nutty/vanilla and has a reasonably thick texture. My skin is dry and sensitive and this was described as a drink for my skin. It worked okay, but it was not anything super special. It appears to work for quite a bit of people on this board, however, I am personally not impressed to buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Go on, waste $50 of your hard earned money on an overpriced tiny pot of cream that 'maybe' contains all natural ingredients. If you have the money on the chance that this will work for you and not break you out, spend away!
If, on the other hand, you're like the average consumer who needs moisturized skin but doesn't want to spend half a weeks grocery money to get it try this instead: Go and buy some Cetaphil daily advanced lotion.
Want the product to be more natural? Browse Etsy or iherb or visit your nearest Muslim store, you know the ones that sells pure shea/cocoa butter, pure oils and an array of natural moisturizing products similar to this but at a fraction of the cost.
Or even how about going to your local Trader Joe's and purchasing a $6 bottle of their Vitamin E oil which will moisturize your skin just as well as this product?
There are so many cheaper options out there for you. I tried a free sample of this and it did absolutely nothing that the other products I mentioned and used before did. It fact despite me having dry skin it didn't moisturize at all. 2 days later I started developing a rash of small spots around my cheeks near my ears. I threw the rest of it out. I could understand if this costs $25 but $53 is telling me that what I'm actually paying for is the mass marketing, fancy ads and the fact that they need to make their money back from giving away all of these free samples. How else can they justify the price for such a TINY pot of product (the full size tub is only half filled up too) that ALSO contains lanolin, beeswax (watch out acne sufferers) and 5 other products that are questonable as coming from natural sources.
Here's another bit of advice. Check your soap. Maybe that's drying your skin out. Switch soaps to something milder, a glycerin soap maybe for a week and see if that makes a difference first. Spend that $50 on some fish oil supplements and add more natural oils into your diet. All these will help in moisturizing your skin from the inside out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have reviewed this before but reading back I don't think I did it justice. Granted skincare works differently for everyone and I speak on my behalf solely. I've been a long time sufferer of eczema. And there'll be days when even using water alone will sting my face (these days I cleanse my face with Ultrabland -a separate Amen for this!) this cream doesn't sting my face at all! I have used Skin Drink and Celestial too ( celestial is what I was initially advised as it contains the least amount of ingredients)

LUSH's skincare always sounds so amazing when I read the descriptions, but my skin tends to hate their products in reality. I love the smell of Skin's Shangri-La (like a spicy, honeyed, vanilla-y oatmeal), but it doesn't do anything good for me.
The salespeople at LUSH always tell me that this cream will be great for my dry skin, but somehow it dries my skin out more and makes me break out along my chin, upper lip, and cheeks. Not good. I'm just giving up on most of their products at this point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a tiny little sample pot of this for $3AUD last time I was in Lush, as my skin is sensitive and I didn't want to risk paying for a full size pot and have it wreck my face. However, upon looking at it, and since I'm having great results from using Celestial, I decided it's probably too heavy for my skin. I will continue to buy the tiny pot when I need it though, because as an eye cream, for me this is great! Moisturising, hasn't caused milia like many other eye creams do to me, and for $3 a pot, which will last forever, I think it's a winner. So as an eye cream I say give it a go, much better than paying $40 or more for an equivalent amount of something like Clinique's All About Eyes, which really did nothing for me.