December 21, 2014 | 1817 users online

Other - MAC - Mixing Medium Water Based

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a definitely must-have for all my loose pigments and glitter. I didn't have much trouble with pigments before I began using this Mixing Medium, but now that I do have it, pigments easier to apply and it lasts all day long without any fall-out or creasing.
Glitter, though...Oh, wow, glitter is a whole 'nother story. Before I had the Mixing Medium, glitter was such a pain in the *ss! I used MAC Paint Pots as a base--which, by the way, isn't exactly a tacky enough base for glitter--but the glitter just kept falling on my lashes and lower lids and cheeks. I still experience a bit of glitter fall-out with the Mixing Medium, but it's not a big deal--it IS loose glitter, after all.
I'm so happy I have my hands on the Mixing Medium now!
One bottle will for sure last you a long time, so it's well worth purchasing. It's a PRO product, by the way.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought my mixing medium from the MAC website and I guess they brought out a PRO product and this was it. I don't wear pigments but I do use it as eyeliner. The shadows I use most are Carbon, Espresso Brown, and Contrast. Liner lasts all day. One bottle will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by RisingSunJulie

If you don't want your pigments to fall everywhere, get this product. It will help put a more precise application with your pigment. It also makes the pigment look more vibrant and colorful. And since the mixing medium is water based, it doesn't sting...well on my skin anyway; i dont know about others who have an allergic reaction to water. But anyways, this is a PRO PRODUCT, so the only way to get it is to call a MAC PRO store or buy it from another source. To ensure the quality of the product, I would suggest calling the PRO store and paying the small s+h fee. ADD TO CART!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by efrazier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if I like this product yet. I have had this since Christmas. It does make pigment colors vibrant but I have had a couple of times where my pigments did crease withthis product. Maybe I used too much. A little does go a long way so I think that I will have this product for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlwho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, it makes my pigments and loose eyeshadows stay put for hours as well as really intensifying the colour. Also, as you only use a few drops each time you use it a bottle of this will last you a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Loved it! No stinging, no stickyness, does what it says. I wanted something to adhere my mac reflects glitter onto my eyeshadow in full effect without it flaking off throughout the day. After applying all my eyeshadow/liner I added a few drops of this to a brush and tapped it over the eyeshadow then used my finger and a blending brush to lightly tap on some glitter. It held ALL day and made the glitter look really strong. This has also been great on top of mac pigments> I used a bit of Mac Blue Brown pigment the other day and dipped a bit of the mixing medium in the brush and it really intensified the colour. A mac artist described it as if its like when you use water to stick glitter to the skin except when it dries nothing falls off. Its well worth buying if your a make up junkie!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this for my pigments, it makes the colors stay put and really nice and vibrant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by missbike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just glycerin, water, and preservative from what I understand. I make my own now- 3 parts water to 1 part glycerin. It only lasts a week/ 10 days at most but glycerin is dirt cheap, like $2.50 for a huge bottle. It's just too big a pain to get from a Pro store and pricey; I don't care for Ebay either as it's so crawling with fakes.

I'm concerned though by reviews where people talk about burning eyes and burned eyelids. That's not the mixing medium- I'll bet the rent you girls ran to put Dark Soul all over your eyes? Those "goth" screen names give you away...

Read the fine print that comes with the pigments; what's on the list of Do Not Use On Eyes? Dark Soul, and about eight other colors. The pigments and shineys in those colors are caustic as hell. Read the little pieces of paper girls. Eyelid burns are better than blindness from burned corneas. And the pinks that aren't to be used on the lips because they're toxic when ingested? MAC is all Pro goods at heart. It requires Pro responsibility, and reading of the instructions. Glycerin is used as moisturizer and therapy for skin conditions so I can't see it being the problem...

Quit putting piggies on your eyes that have Do Not Use On Eyes warnings.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is the best for pigments (which is the only eye makeup I use) This is how is use it--I squirt a tiny dab on my index finger and I apply to my eyelid. Then I apply my piggie with my brush. My bottle has lasted me 3 years so far and I probably have 1/3 left. I have tried with MAC paints and other products but have never acceived the same results. You can wet piggies for liner, get opaque and sheer results. I will NEVER use another the staying power with the mixing medium is incredible. This is one of my HG's I will never be without it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was watching this makeup tutorial on youtube and the girl used this product to spritz onto a brush. I was interested in it to give my mineral foundation a bit more staying power. It did a pretty good job! I also tried dipping my brush into a bowl of mixing medium and wetting it into black eyeshadow to use as line. It made a really nice, strong line. I don't think I'm allergic to it because I used it from about 2 months now and nothing has happened.. but what I don't like about it.. is the price. I recently found out you can make your own mixing medium with just plain glycerine and water (1 part to every 3). It is SO much more cheaper doing this, although you have to remake it (and throw away leftovers) after 2 weeks. I really like the idea of a mixing medium, so I will def. continue using it.. just not this one from MAC.