October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Treatments (Face) - SkinMedica - RETINOL COMPLEX

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by munjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am amazed at the fast (1 week) positive improvement in my skin! My g/f purchased her's at her dermatologist's office, $$$. I purchased mine through Amazon-half the price. At 55 I'm starting to need help with texture, and fine lines, this product is delivering great results quickly. Lancome. Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. all have serums 3X the price that do nothing! This product really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by deepsid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a very good retinol product to use .both in terms of quality of products used and the results.i am soon going to be 35,but people just dont beleive it.thanks to all the products especially this one.highly reccomend

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mihailo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special. Even after using it for two months I noticed almost nothing. A lot of parabens and preservatives lurking, so all together it is not worth it... ...oh - one more thing: it's pricey, given the results it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by cartersmom

The P.A. at my doctor's office recommended this to me for hormonal breakouts, especially on the chin, old acne markes, and uneven skin tone. I am in my 40's and have not been able tolerate Retin-A since 35, when I was diagnosed with midl rosacea. When I used Retin-A my skin was flawless. Katie Rodan was my derm at the time and commented on how great my skin looked, so that was big coming from her. Once the Retin-A usage stopped, my skin was not the same clear, glowing skin I was used to.

This is the only retinol product I can tolerate! After a few applications, the cystic acne on my chin is going away, and the marks are lightning. I am starting to get my old skin back, of course its older now and not as tight. The PA recommends using SM's Essential Serum for collage production and the peptides lightners in the am (and also as an eye cream-she said don't bother with an eye cream if using the Essential Serum, and the Retinol Complex at night. She said its the best combo out there. My doctor had echoed similar thoughts at a prior appt. I am sticking with Skin Medica; I really believe its the best line out there. Also, FYI, they have purchased Colorscience, so I am interested to see if the line grows and becomes more accessible. If you are over 40 and want products that really work, stick with Skin Medica-they awards they receive and the research on their products supports this conclusion.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sharonweng1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the best night time moisturizer, period. i live in a humid climate and this retinol keeps my skin clear, glowy and perfectly moisturized. i don't even use other moisturizer on top, just this. PERFECTO. i don't know how i'd live without this baby.

product: it's a yellow paste. fragrance free. highly recommend for all skin type except very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

HG product! I use this every other night and it has transformed my skin!! I use after I wash my face in the evenings followed by La Mer -- When I wake up my skin is silky smooth & flawless. Its a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!! I have repurchased 3 times --- it lasts me about 9 months +/-

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mookie65

I've tried a lot of retinol products (prescription and OTC) and this is the first one that has not ruined my skin. All the other products either made my skin break out in cysts (!) or dried it out to a flakey mess. My dermatologist gave me sample of this and my skin has been clear ever since. I've only used it for three weeks, so it's hard to tell if it's smoothed out any fine lines, but I'll continue using it just for making my skin clear and glowing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by BeachBunniee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is by far the best retinol product on the market. I've used a few retinol products: Retin-A, generic tretinoin and Roc Wrinkle Repair...all of which caused intense dryness and mixed results. I was previously using Roc's Retinol when my derm gave me a sample of Skinmedica's Retinol Complex. Surprisingly it makes my skin feel moisturized, not dry at all! My skin has never been clearer or smoother. I use it every night where as with the other retinol products I could only use every other night because of how harsh they were. It is totally worth the price!

Update: Still an amazing Retinol Product, but I tried Atralin .05% gel and it was even more moisturizing than this! Atralin and Skinmedica's Retinol Complex are the first moisturizing and non-irritating retinols I've used. I highly recommend trying either of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by teacher56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love love love this product. I'm already on my second tube and I really wanted to share how great it is. For the past few years my skin has been ultra sensitive and I have had a patch of stubborn pimples on my cheek that wouldn't budge. The dermatologist said i had acne rosacea... Tried lots of products to clear up the cheek but mostly all irritated my skin and make the problem worse and more noticeable. Finally i have discovered which products are making my skin glow and finally that patch of pimples is gone and my face is sooooo smooth! Here it is---- at night i wash with Spa Face spirulina cleanser, followed by Skin Medica purifying toner, followed by Skin Medica Retinol Complex, sometimes after the retinol i might add Skin Medica ultra sheer moisturizer.... In the morning my skin is smooth and plump and clear!! In the am i just wash with the spa face and use the ultra sheer moisturizer and then some light foundation. Skin Medica products are amazing..... I'm soooo happy that they are working for my skin...yay!!!w

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by heavanlyblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work for a cosmetic dermatologist and this is one of the products we carry. I'm a big fan of the SkinMedica line in general, and this product in particular.

It's a very well tolerated yet concentrated retinol product. I am pretty sensitive especially around my mouth/chin, yet this has never caused me any peeling, redness or irritation. Our rep said it is comparable in strength to a .05% retin-a but much more gentle because it is in a 12 hour timed release formulation.

I always use this at night, and I put it on cleansed, bare skin. I let it absorb for a few minutes (usually while I brush my teeth then apply my latisse), then I moisturize.

I plan on continuing with this product, and the only reason I can think of switching is if I decided to try their higher concentration retinol product!