April 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Teint Dior Eclat Satin Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I absolutely adore this foundation. I went to the Dior counter at my local department store and asked for a medium-full coverage foundation with a dewy finish and she recommended this one to me.

Coverage: Medium. I wouldn't say full with one layer, but it's buildable so you can definitely have full coverage if you want. I usually put one full layer on, and then another layer over areas where I need a bit more and it covers them really well.

Finish: Dewy dewy dewy! Just what I asked for. I have dry skin and I put this on with a moisturizer and without a moisturizer. Honestly, I didn't need a moisturizer with it, it came out really dewy and refreshing without it. Therefore, if you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend it for you.

Price: It cost me $47. Very pricy but it is worth it to me for the quality. Besides, foundations usually last a long time for me because I don't use them every day and when I do use them, I don't use more than a pump and a half.

Packaging: Comes with a pump, a definite plus. The pump also has very good control and it's easy to get the exact amount you need.

Color Range: I have this in shade 202, I think it is the second to lightest shade. From what I saw, this has the same range as the other Dior foundations... so a good range, there.

Negatives- Has a bit of a smell, but I, personally, don't have a problem with fragrance in my cosmetics. The smell isn't bad, but it may be strong if your sensitive to that kind of thing. I wouldn't count that as a negative for me though. The price also may be a bit high, but, again, worth it in my opinion.

I would definitely buy this foundation again, it is HG status for me. Perfect for something with great coverage and a dewy finish, a difficult combination to find. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sashsvjet

Coverage- decent (will not hide ur red pimples) but even out skin tone. Finish- fresh dewy- sometimes looks over glossy like sweat. Hold- semi decent, slides off through out the day. SMELL- ATROCIOUS!!!! good god, what were they thinking about this smell? like medicated baby powder and cheap floral perfume- gave me a headache had to wash my face. thank god this was a sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a faithful user of the infamous Dior Airflash aerosol spray foundation and I've tried Eclat Satin, Forever, and Nude. If you have dry skin and liked Diorskin Nude but found it to lack coverage, Eclat Satin is for you. It's basically full coverage for dry skin, with a dewy finish. Very blendable and silky. I have oily skin, so I don't use this anymore. But when I was living in a bitter cold arctic climate during winter, I used this on my drier skin.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dior's foundations, in a nutshell, it breaks down like this:

- Diorskin Eclat Satin - dry skin; medium-full coverage
- Diorskin Nude - normal-dry skin; light-medium coverage
- Diorskin Forever - normal-oily skin; medium-full coverage
- Diorskin Airflash - normal-oily skin; customizable coverage as this is an aerosol can spray (*colors in this do NOT align with colors in other Dior foundations)

I haven't tried Diorskin Sculpt (supposed to be for mature skin with lines) or Capture Totale (supposed to be a serum that blurs out imperfections).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by anaci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently the foundation I am using and I really like it. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look refreshed and dewy. It applies evenly and easily, does not cake and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium and does not make me look overly done up. I use a damp sponge when applying it to get light coverage for that perfect everyday glow and I love it!

As a side note, my mom who is in her late 40s also uses this foundation and I can always tell when she has it on because her skin looks younger and has a healthy smooth glow.

The only CON I can think of at this time is that it does have a fairly lasting fragrance. This wouldnít really be an issue if I liked the smell but unfortunately I am not a big fan. Other than that, I canít think of too many cons. Itís pricey but the bottle lasts me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I've ever used. I keep coming back to it because it has good coverage - medium, but you can make it more like full coverage by layering it - and because it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It has a very dewy finish, and my somewhat dry skin looks moist after I use it. I usually prefer unscented products, and I have noticed that it is strongly (although IMHO not unpleasantly) scented, but after it is on my skin for a short time the scent goes away, so I'm not sure why it bothers people so much...maybe I'm just not as sensitive to it. It works really well with my moisturizer. I've tried other foundations, but I don't know why I bothered because this one just works!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by rochee77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE dior eclat satin foundation. ive tried so many foundations and never done reviews thats how much i love this!!

i have tried estee lauder double wear, lancome teint miracle, chanel vitalumiere,nars sheers glow, mac

But none of them did what i wanted!!!! i did really like the estee lauder double wear because it covered well and made the skin look smooth however since trying the eclat satin double wear has gone to the bin.

FYI i am brown skin with dark hair and dark eyes and my skin is DRYYYY..hence i like that dewy glowing radiant look which eclat sating does PROVIDE !!!!! its a stunning foundation because it gives MEDIUM coverage and gives a really healthy dewy radiant glow to the skin which no other foundation gives !!!!

lancome teint miracle coverage was rubbish and chanel vitalumiere just melts off your face !!!! whereas eclat satin stays on the face and doesnt look oily but just looks glowig and really brightens your face..

it really is the BEST foundation i have used and i love ittttt!!!!!! DIOR NEEDS TO DO BETTER ADVERTISING FOR THIS FOUNDATION COZ ITS SERIOUSLY AMAZING FOUNDATION ESPECIALLLYYYYYYY FOR DRYYY SKIN !!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mum's friend gave me a bunch of counter testers for foundation and this one was among my favourites. I was really unsure of it at first because it separated... But I shook it and it looked normal. You can judge me all you want but it worked for me.

Anyway, onto the foundation. …clat satin gives me a glowy finish I love. I don't have particularly oily skin, just a somewhat oily t-zone. Usually I don't have to use concealer with this unless I want to look absolutely perfect. I have dark circles under my eyes that won't go away and redness on my nose and it definitely tones those down. I'd say it's medium coverage. I don't know how much one pump is but I think I use a drop the size of a dime, usually. It's my go-to foundation right now and when I run out I'll go out and buy the bottle. I like to set it with translucent powder. The smell is a bit strange and chemical-y but bearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Barbara1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eclat Satin is a light to medium, very creamy consistency, makeup. It's especially great around the eyes because it glides over fine lines. Sometimes I mix Christian Dior Sculpt Lifting foundation with it for extra coverage. There is the slightest variation of the same color with different types of Dior foundations. I use 202 Cameo in the Sculpt and 022 Cameo in Eclat which are the same color codes, but Sculpt has a slightly yellow hue. I mix Eclat 302 Rosy Beige with Eclat 202 and it matches my skin perfectly. I have combination skin. Yes, the odor of the Eclat is peculiar to say the least, however, I spray my favorite fragrance on my neck and pulse points and that takes care of the Dior smell. Overall, Eclat is a lovely makeup and I have purchased it again...Like another viewer said, buy it on ebay. It's way too expensive in the store and even more expensive on Strawberry Net.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this foundation. It feels really like and it doesn't look like I have foundation on but the problem I had w/it is that it was not long lasting. My mid-day it was pretty much gone. I even used primer and it was fading away. My skin is somewhat oily. The SA said this would not be the best foundation because my skin is somewhat oily but of course I didn't listen and was too curious....she was correct. Other than how long it lasts, it is a good foundation...the color match was perfect and it felt very natural. Really disappointed it did not work out for me :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...such an incredible foundation but such a disgusting intolerable smell!

I spent Months trying nearly every high-end foundation available - NARS, Chanel, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Shu Uemura, Guerlain, GA...the whole lot. In the end I decided Shu Uemura's Face Architect topped the lot and this one came second, but Only because of the stench.

Eclat Satin is like satin on your skin - glowy and expensive looking, it glides on with minimal fuss with a good foundation brush and primer underneath, requires very little attention to around eyes/nose/mouth and wears and removes beautifully. There's really nothing at all wrong with it and its finish is just exceptional as a light-medium coverage product when set with good quality powder. But I just could not cope with the smell: at first I thought the smell died off after a while but no, it remains and you can smell it on yourself all day.

I'm a NW20 with some redness and combo/dehydrated skin. Colour #200 was a perfect match for me.

I've given it a 4/5 because really it deserves to get high praise, but the 1 point off is due to the odour.

Get it if you've got a good stomach!