BeneFit Cosmetics Lash Lovies

3.3

on 1/22/2008 7:14:00 AM

it was a cute idea but it's just too too too too high maintenance

it comes in a squeeze paint-type tube and a separate mascara wand

you have to SQUEEZE a line of the product onto the wand and then mess around with your fingers until you dont think it'll clump like madness

it's really messy

really really really messy O_o

and expensive. like $18 an 8g tube.

i think something so hard to use should be cheaper heh

oh and it also tends to take the curl out of my lashes, which just is no good :]

but the pros are:

the packaging is really cute. nothing too special but it's just cute. the squeeze tube and wand come in another clear plastic tube and it just looks..... appealing.

the colors are spectacular. really vibrant and BAMalicious

i like using this when i have alot of extra time and want something crazy on my eyes

so yeah. good product. but over all..... you could just go buy colored mascara in a normal tube and use that for half the price and a forth of the mess *shrugs*

on 1/13/2006 8:38:00 PM

I was nervous to buy this product after all the negative reviews about what a pain this is to apply and how the effect is not worth the effort. Well I completely disagree. I am not usually much of a mascara girl, in fact I rarely have the patience to even apply it at all. However I could not resist the packaging and ended up getting swoonderful and smitten on Ebay. I approached the package with much trepidation but in all honesty none of the reticence was nescessary. I found this formula to be gorgeous, smooth, brilliantly colored, long lasting and EASY to APPLY. A little product on the wand and a few strokes later you've got eye catching lashes. In the old days of glamor girls and screen queens women spent the time practicing the ART of make-up. Nowadays most women, myself included, simply want a quick way of applying a few products and a minimal amount of effort. Well I think it shows when you use time tested techniques to gorgeous-up your face. I actually swooped this on my lashes in the time it took to begin taking attendance at school. It was quick, clean and impressive. It makes me wonder what other packaging and application "conveniences" have removed the mystique from cosmetic application.

on 2/17/2005 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was just too much work for me, and too loud in color.

I've got this is in Breathless which is a very gorgeous violet. If you want a violet that really shows up on your eyes, this does! It's got va voom!. I wear it with CoverGirl Smoothers in Sterling Sage (a really pretty turquoise kind of green) and they really put my eyes on the map!!

Okay though, the packaging sucks! Yes, it's very pretty and retro, but couldn't they have done the same labeling on a normal mascara tube!? Have to say, it's not too bad and with careful and patient application, it thickens and lengthens my lashes really well and stays on without flaking. And I guess like etheralprey says below, not being a normal brush in the tube mascara, the contents might be better protected from drying out. To make things a bit easier, I spread a thin line of the cream onto the brush like it says, then I gently spread it out onto the brush with my finger...makes it less likely to clump.

So, in the end, it's totally worth it, because I can't find a colour like this anywhere else!
continued >>

on 6/28/2003 3:07:00 PM

I have this mascara in infatuation, and I love it! I love the bright blue color of it, it really opens my eyes, I get compliements on wearing it, that something is making my eyes look brighter but they don't know what it is. I like how it comes with its own wand so it lasts a lot longer and doesn't try out like the mascaras in the tube. I've tried swoonful as well, and ppl are just wondering what it is that makes my eyes stand out. It's a good subsitute for ppl who don't like to wear eyeliner. The colors are great but not for everyone.

on 5/15/2003 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had the purple one which is a very pretty color and really brightened up my eyes. I returned it though, because I hated the application. I just had a hard time getting it to go on right with the cream in the tube and the wand. I felt like it got clumpy too. The color is gorgeous though.

on 8/2/2002 1:30:00 AM

I really like this product. Usually colored mascaras look scary on me, but this was nice. It has a lot of zing without being overpowering, and seems to stay on well.

on 1/7/2002 4:43:00 PM

This is a cute mascara. I have the shade Breathless (purple), & it looks really cute, & not too overdone. It does take a bit of work to apply it right, but it's a fun switch from everyday black.

PS - The way its packaged is adorable.

Popular Eyes Products