November 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Abyssine Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Kiehls' Abyssine line is fantastic but very pricey. It doesn't make me breakout, which I ofter have issues with, gives good sun protection, and seems to have done a good job with anti-aging (I'm 34, but I have been stopped in the hallways of the HS I teach at 6 times this year by faculty thinking I was a kid, so that's success, right?). This lotion is lightweight and absorbs quickly, too, making it an all-around great purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by AngMore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion always gives my skin a great dewy glow. Great moisturizer. Don't use around your eyes..burns like hell. The Kiehls Abyssine line is so inconsistent...just bought the Cream, expecting a richer version of the lotion...NOT! Stick to Kiehls Abyssine Lotion+ SPF, and Kiels Abyssine Eye Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by amandam3

My skin is oily in the summer, dry in the winter. This summer in St. Louis has been VERY hot and humid, and the oil had taken over. I had been using Philosophy brand lotions/ face products for the last 2 years and they did not seem to be working for me anymore. I started to break out horribly over the last month or so.

Since using the Kiehl's Abyssine Lotion with SPF 15 and the eye cream, my face has completely cleared up and is softer than ever. The lotions soaks right in (I let it soak in for about 10 minutes before I apply my makeup, which is Bare Minerals).
This is the first time in YEARS that I have gone an entire work day and haven't had even a speck of oil on my face. I couldn't believe it.

BUY THIS PRODUCT if you are thinking about it, just do it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lisabradyham

I originally tries this as a sample and fell in love with it. I have really tricky skin, in that it's not just one type and I am prone to breakouts and am hyper-sensitive to applying so many things to my skin. I tried this lotion, and it's the only one that moisturized and didn't break me out. So so happy I found a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by crazielao

I spent my last dollar to get this product! It was $43 for a 2.5oz bottle....... but I still had to get it!!! Prior to knowing about this product I bought a toner that came with a sample this lotion;which, lead me to find the perfect day product filled with nutrients and SPF 15 for my daily use.

Being that I have the weirdest skin in the world.... combo, dry and sensitive skin... this lotion works wonders for me during the day! Usually I break out bad when I use any product that has SPF...I would also get real greasy and white when it comes to moisturizers with SPF, yet I don't get that with this product... LOve it, recommend it if you have skin like mine... and yeah....a little goes a long way... the sample lasted me a week....so I think to take full benefit of this product is to use it sparingly.... not too much and not too little just enough for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by trae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this product. i have CRAZY dry 40yr old skin, and find this a perfect lotion for all year. i have to use the serum underneath it during the winter, though. i had tried the cream first, but it clogged my pores badly. my main negative would be i wish it had higher then 15 spf protection.

fyi - have not noticed any disappearing of fine lines or what not, but frankly, at this point i just don't want to feel dry and flaky and will save up for a nice ol' dermabrasion when the times' right!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good moisturizer with sunscreen and antiaging properties. This can come across greasy but you have to take about 1/2 of what you think it would take to moisturize your face since a little goes a long way with this product. I actually prefer the cream version of this (in the jar) since my skin is so dry, but I use this in the summer time and I love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Sour

So the sales lady convinced me to grab a sample of this stuff even though I'm only 20 years old... she said that I should "fight the first signs of aging at an early age" or something like that. So despite this lotion being totally useless to me... its super greasy! I swear when I first put it on it looked like I had Vaseline smeared all over my face... which is not the look I usually try to go for. I also noticed the next day that two pimples decided to make an appearance on my left cheek (gross!). I don't even know why I bothered putting this on my face in the first place. Into the trash it goes!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ssells

Just returned this product today. I normally use the Ultra Facial Cream & decided to try something new- mistake. I have no issues with the Ultra Facial Cream, but as I creep closer to 30, I thought I would try something that claimed to be anti-aging. This lotion seemed to work ok for the first few days, then started to make my skin red and scaly. Today when applied it and it actually burned, that was the last straw. The saleslady in Saks said that the Abyssine ingredient used is actually pretty harsh - way too harsh for my skin. This product has gotten great reviews from others, so maybe it's just not suitable for my sensitive skin. I also was not fond of the pump packaging. I've always used jars and like being able to control how much of the product is dispensed. Back to the jar of the Ultra Facial Cream for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

Very nice light lotion that moisturises quite well. I much prefer this to the abyssine cream, which just sat on my skin. I love that I can't even feel the sunscreen in this.