Panasonic Pantene Ultra Ionic Hair Dryer EH5502W

This is the only hair dryer that dries my hair without making me a puffball. My hair is shiny, smooth and dries very quickly with this, without being too loud or too hot, and shorter dryer time is better for my hair. And the fact that it's pretty doesn't hurt.

this is the best hair dryer that i have ever used. other hair dryers make my hair all frizzy and dry, but this one makes it nice and smooth. i <3 it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a Panasonic, but has Pantene on the product. Then I read that Procter & Gamble owns Pantene. Meaning ... I hope I marked the brand correctly (what with all these industry actions). Apparently, Panasonic makes this but it was developed by the makers of Pantene. OK ... sigh. I got mine at Walmart for 20 bucks (US); I also see it at White with electric lavender trimmings.

I did a lot of reading before buying my next hair dryer. As in dishwashers, I just don't think you need as many settings as I previously assumed you did. This has 3 (Quick Drying, Styling, and Finish ... gee, this must be high, medium, and low). It has 1600 watts of power but because of design is plenty powerful but at the same time, is not extraordinarily loud. I really DO think that the ions make my hair dry faster; they certainly keep my hair shafts sleek. I have baby-fine hair but gobs of it, making it hard to get my hair dry quickly. I don't want to bake my hair as I also color my hair. Well, this definitely gets my hair dry very quickly and keeps it smooth and not frizzy. The cool shot button actually does shoot cool air (not "pretend cool" that feels no differently). The air intake filter comes off easily for cleaning. There's a nozzle to attach for more directed air. There's a volumizing attachment (that I usually don't use) that actually works like fingers lifting your hair; I'd imagine this would be particularly enjoyed by those with long curling voluminous hair styles.

I love this hair dryer more than any other I have owned in my life ... so much that I also keep a 2nd one at my mom's and a 3rd one at our vacation house so I don't have to take it in my suitcase. If they made this with a retractable cord I would faint dead away. Oh, their cord has its own GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) attached so you can check to prevent shocks before you turn it on (in case your outlet doesn't have a GFCI on it). Safety, too!