July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Sleek and Shine

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Yes, it smooths, but only good for those with hair that rarely gets oily because my hair never feels clean after using it. Normally i can go 2-3 days without a wash, yet with this my hair is starting to get greasy on the beginning of the second day!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Scenta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is actually quite a good shampoo - did what it said it would do, made my hair shiny, soft and full of body.

But the reason I would not buy it again is the horrible smell of rotting fruit. Rotting lemons and blackcurrants with an odd metallic undertone. The smell was bad enough to make washing my hair an unpleasant experience, and it lingered in the hair when I'd dried it. I was reduced to spraying my hair with perfume to get rid of it. The conditioner that goes with this product has the same smell of rotting fruit.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by pirinja

Avoid this product!! I have frizzy hair, and I thought that this shampoo might help bring it under control. Instead, after a few weeks of using it, my hair started falling out and my scalp became dry. At first I thought that I was just imagining things, but my hair apparently became so thin (I normally have pretty thick hair) that my mother noticed it when I came home after 2 months at college. Seriously, avoid this product! You will lose massive amounts of hair every time you shower or brush your hair, you will get dandruff more easily because your scalp will be dry, and the damage will take at least a year or two to reverse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me get this straight. This shampoo is not a miracle worker and won't make your hair sleek all by itself with the conditioner. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that I wouldn't need to straighten my hair after using it. People can be really stupid and think that just because a bottle says it'll make your hair sleeker, that you don't have to use any other products in your hair. Plus, everyone has a different hair type, so this won't work for everybody.

HOWEVER, while I didn't get totally straight hair from this or anything, it did help my frizz. It smells great, and while the cap isn't something I like, I do like the design of the rest of the bottle. It lathers very well, but it's very watery and not that thick for a shampoo.

If you don't mind a little runny shampoo, then I recommend trying this out to see if it'll work for your hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by onebeautifullife2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved this product, AT FIRST! After a few uses my scalp has yellow coating all over it. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair looks great! I'm glad I bought this. It smells good, and my roots look just as nourished AND clean as the rest of my hair. That is something that is difficult to accomplish as a hair product (for me, anyway).

I left off a lippy because it takes a LOT of product to get any lather. The conditioner is better. I'll also have to clarify every now and then, but that's no biggie.

I live in a very dry climate, and without any product, my hair is so dry and unhealthy looking from root to end. The shampoo, conditioner, and anti frizz serum have done wonders for me.

Edit: I've decided to buy a different shampoo after this bottle. I'm still happy with the end results, but the lack of lather bothers me. I'm still going to purchase the matching conditioner and serum though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by hyperblue11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this shampoo for a while now and I love it! I have really thick straight hair but it would get horribly frizzy so I'd straighten my hair. I changed to this shampoo and it has a good amount of stuff to make my hair shiny and non frizzy and really straight!
The shampoo is pretty cheap and sometimes when you're in the shower and you try to open the bottle with wet hands it makes it very difficult. Sometimes if its upside down, the cap can built up with water but nothing wrong when you stand it the right way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I didn't like this shampoo all that much. It smelled nice, it looked nice, and it was cheap- sort of, like drugstore cheap. It didn't make my frizzy, wavy hair sleek or shiny, and I noticed no difference than with anything else I use. Also, this crap made my hair fall out way more than anything else I've used. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by stevegutierrez801

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this shampoo its one of my favorite shampoos yet. it leaves my hair very shiny and very sleek even though I have not straighten it. I love the fact that it has argan oil from Moroccan and apricot. it has a very nice fruity smell. I love that the bottle is made out of 30% recycled plastic. This product does not dry out my hair or leave it to greasy . When I started using this I noticed that my frizz went away and my hair was more manageable. The only problem that I have with this shampoo is that it is watery and when I try to put some in my hand a lot of the shampoo comes out. also it does not lather enough if I use the same amount that I would use with my other shampoos I have to use double the amount inorder for it to lather and make a lot of foam but besides that it is a great shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by meredith1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Sleek and Shine products! They are inexpensive and work really well! They reduce frizz and make my hair soft and shiny. The shampoo and conditioner are really thick and creamy and the Sleek and Shine conditioner is probably the best conditioner I've ever tried, it is so nourishing and works just as well as a hair masque/treatment but does not leave your hair oily! I love these :)