July 30, 2014 | 998 users online

Powder - The Body Shop - Loose Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jolicorne

I've been using this product since I was in early high school and now I almost get my bachelor degree. I always use shade 02. Bought this from time to time and the last time I bought it costs around US$25. I actually always feel guilty to my mom for demanding this product regularly due to its price but I secretly sure she understand that I already can't move on from this loose powder. When I was 15 my mom's beauty advicer told me that I shouldn't use a compact powder because of my skin type, and because I was so young, she recommended TBS as the product I should try because she considered it as the safest one.

This product is a daily need for me now. I can't go outside without this. I don't mind it's shimmering but one thing I still being uncomfortable for years is that sometimes it can spill when you open it, especially when it's new. I always need to work with my sticky tape about that :)

But overall for me this product is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I bought Loose Face Powder from The Body Shop on sale for $5 from $16.50 in the shade 05, the darkest shade. It's intended to be applied over foundation to help reduce shin & set makeup. Still, I like to wear this alone because it's practically summer & I'm not wanting to wear foundation. I have oily skin & not wearing anything isn't an option. At first, I was skeptical about this powder on my oily skin because the ingredients have oils & I'm not interested in a breakout.

I initially tried this on in the store & it was the last one in a dark shade available & I don't want to say I had to settle, but I was not enthusiastic about buying this because I felt it would be too dark for me. There is not at all good shade selection in this powder & I felt I'd regret it if I didn't buy this despite my doubts. At $5, I knew if I didn't buy it that day, it would have been gone the next. Can I tell you—I was pleasantly surprised! Loose Face Powder has awesome coverage & keeps my face shine-free & matte. Like I mentioned it above, I wear it alone & it balances out my skin tone a little bit.

My complaints: I wish The Body Shop would give these a name or some type of shade indicator. The "colours" are a number system like 01, 02, 03, etc.; I have 05, but what does that mean? I can physically see it's a bronze-brown colour with shimmer, but, & I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me, I'd feel a lot better if the "colours" referred to actual skin tones like light/fair, medium/tan, dark/deep… you know what I mean. That & the non-sale price are what pull me back from me giving the powder five lipsticks. It's totally worth it if it's on sale, but I would never in my life pay basically $17 for this. On the other hand, The Body Shop did not skip out on the amount of product you get. That's why it's such a good buy—on sale. I bought this & The Body Shop's Oil-Free Foundation on a whim figuring it could hurt to try & I'm glad I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great loose powder, even better when purchased at half price!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The powder itself is ok. I have 2 problems with it though, one it's shimmery and two the packaging isn't ideal! It's one of those packaging's that can spill out when you open it. But I bought this powder during the summetime when I was a bit darker and now that it's winter, I only use it as bronzer and it works okay but I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy this. There are better products out there and cheaper ones, this is expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sunshine74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product first time and very impressed with the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The fact that this product has never broken me out intrigues me. I have never read the ingredients list because I assumed that since it was from the body shop it was "all natural". I was wrong, but I have to laugh at myself because if I had known the list of ingredients I would have told the sales woman "no way". For anyone who is curious here is the list of ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides
I am appalled, but to be honest, while their Extra Virgin Olive Oil MMU made me break out, this one has never broken me out. I am in a state of shock but I love this MMU so I am undecided as to if I want to rebuy it or not. It's not the heaviest coverage but it's a nice base for my main foundation. Very surprised, I really thought their products were supposed to be natural, not sure what to think, but I love this MMU.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by andinkd

This loose powder had quite large holes which made it deposit large amounts of powder if i shook it (i simply closed all the other holes except for one with clear tape to fix that problem), it gave a nice very very very subtle effect that made you look like you had healthy glowing skin, although i must say it doesn't last very long on oily/combo skin (around 3 hours) and it doesn't give coverage (so it's more of a finishing powder or a powder fit for people with great skin conditions) at around $19 for 14g this product is quite pricey, but it's worth it if you're looking for a natural, not cakey, subtle healthy glowing look- i got this product in shade 03 (another con is how little range of shades they have of this loose powder)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Nacelle

I'm sure it's an okay powder, but the color just wasn't right for me. And I got it in the lightest shade. Well, well.

Love the body shop, but if they make super pale foundations, I really think they should sell a super pale or translucent powder too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by indskunk

Unfortunately just found out this broke me out. Whether it's powder or dust, it broke me out terribly even with intervals. It's sad cos it is only 1/4 used. But packaging was hell. Powder flew everywhere. I tried shaking abit, still rained on me. Tried lighthandedly with my brush, still as messy. Sad. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It works perfectly well with my liquid foundation. It doesn't make my makeup looks cakey,it absorbs oil well,makes my skin glows too. The price is suitable with its quality.