The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

on 6/17/2014 3:28:00 AM

I've been using this product since I was in early high school and now I almost get my bachelor degree. I always use shade 02. Bought this from time to time and the last time I bought it costs around US$25. I actually always feel guilty to my mom for demanding this product regularly due to its price but I secretly sure she understand that I already can't move on from this loose powder. When I was 15 my mom's beauty advicer told me that I shouldn't use a compact powder because of my skin type, and because I was so young, she recommended TBS as the product I should try because she considered it as the safest one.

This product is a daily need for me now. I can't go outside without this. I don't mind it's shimmering but one thing I still being uncomfortable for years is that sometimes it can spill when you open it, especially when it's new. I always need to work with my sticky tape about that :)

But overall for me this product is great.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Loose Face Powder from The Body Shop on sale for $5 from $16.50 in the shade 05, the darkest one. It's supposed to be applied over foundation to help reduce shin & set makeup. I like to wear it alone though since it is about to be summer & I don't like wearing foundation during those months; I have oily skin & it looks gross when it is combined with sweat. I was really sceptical about this product for my skin type for the reason that its ingredients contain have oils & I'm not interested in a breakout.

I tried this on in the store & it was the last dark shade available. I don't want to say that I had to settle, but I was not enthusiastic about buying it because I felt it would be too dark for me. There isn't any good shade selection in this powder & I thought I'd regret it if I didn't buy this despite my doubts. At $5, I knew if I didn't buy it that day, it would have been gone the next. Can I tell you—I was surprised! This powder has nice coverage, & keeps my face shine-free & matte. It balances out my skin tone better than I thought it would. I like this not only because it improves my skin tons, but it improves the appearance of my complexion is a subtle way.

My complaints: The shades don't have names or shade indicators. The colors or shades are 01, 02, 03, etc.; I have 05, but what does that mean? I can physically see it's a bronze or brown color with shimmer but, & I'd feel better if the shade referred to actual skin tone names like light/fair, medium/tan, dark/deep or had actual names to refer to. That & the non-sale price are what pull me back from me giving the powder five lipsticks. It's worth it if it is on sale, but I would never in my life pay $17 for this. On the other hand, The Body Shop didn't stint out on its amount of the actual product I get. That's why it's such a good buy… on sale. I bought this on a whim figuring it could hurt to try & I'm glad I did! I recommend this product.

on 1/26/2014 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great loose powder, even better when purchased at half price!

on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The powder itself is ok. I have 2 problems with it though, one it's shimmery and two the packaging isn't ideal! It's one of those packaging's that can spill out when you open it. But I bought this powder during the summetime when I was a bit darker and now that it's winter, I only use it as bronzer and it works okay but I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy this. There are better products out there and cheaper ones, this is expensive!

on 11/6/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product first time and very impressed with the quality.

on 10/1/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The fact that this product has never broken me out intrigues me. I have never read the ingredients list because I assumed that since it was from the body shop it was "all natural". I was wrong, but I have to laugh at myself because if I had known the list of ingredients I would have told the sales woman "no way". For anyone who is curious here is the list of ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides
I am appalled, but to be honest, while their Extra Virgin Olive Oil MMU made me break out, this one has never broken me out. I am in a state of shock but I love this MMU so I am undecided as to if I want to rebuy it or not. It's not the heaviest coverage but it's a nice base for my main foundation. Very surprised, I really thought their products were supposed to be natural, not sure what to think, but I love this MMU.

on 9/19/2013 1:10:00 AM

This loose powder had quite large holes which made it deposit large amounts of powder if i shook it (i simply closed all the other holes except for one with clear tape to fix that problem), it gave a nice very very very subtle effect that made you look like you had healthy glowing skin, although i must say it doesn't last very long on oily/combo skin (around 3 hours) and it doesn't give coverage (so it's more of a finishing powder or a powder fit for people with great skin conditions) at around $19 for 14g this product is quite pricey, but it's worth it if you're looking for a natural, not cakey, subtle healthy glowing look- i got this product in shade 03 (another con is how little range of shades they have of this loose powder)

on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 PM

I'm sure it's an okay powder, but the color just wasn't right for me. And I got it in the lightest shade. Well, well.

Love the body shop, but if they make super pale foundations, I really think they should sell a super pale or translucent powder too.

on 5/27/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately just found out this broke me out. Whether it's powder or dust, it broke me out terribly even with intervals. It's sad cos it is only 1/4 used. But packaging was hell. Powder flew everywhere. I tried shaking abit, still rained on me. Tried lighthandedly with my brush, still as messy. Sad. :(

on 4/18/2013 7:03:00 AM

It works perfectly well with my liquid foundation. It doesn't make my makeup looks cakey,it absorbs oil well,makes my skin glows too. The price is suitable with its quality.