October 20, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Watermelon

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

Tne color of this lip shimmer is a cool pinky mauve with subtle shimmers which is perfect for days when I dont wear any makeup,except lip shimmer It is a pretty color and moisturizes while leaving my lips tingle from the minty sensation, but it doesnt last more than 5 minutes. The natural lip shimmer concept is interesting, but the lasting power and effectiveness is poor.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty pigmented lips, so this is a MLBB shade on me. There is peppermint oil in it so it tingles while moisturizing. I find this is one of the less shimmer-y ones, which is a plus! I love that the tubes are so slim and that the ingredients are mostly natural. For the $4.99 I paid, I think it was a good purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is one of the medium shades--some are too dark (Raisin) or light (Champagne, Strawberry) for me. It's not a dark purple like the tube--it's a medium dusty pink with a slight mauve-brown tone, but a bit too light for my skin tone. It has a bit too much shimmer for me too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

Huge huge fan of this little balm. This shade looks awesome on me. Love the peppermint oil. I buy it by the bundle.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As many noted, the color is not true to the tube, although this didn't bother me as it is pretty common in cosmetics. Product was creamy and thick. Feathered and migrated even with a lip liner. Not transfer resistant. Sometimes the color was uneven and goopy. Color was semi opaque to opaque on me. Didn't particularly moisturize my lips any more than a lipstick would have. Does not wear well layered under/over other products. Thought I may have gotten a bad tube and exchanged it. The next tube performed the same way.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by BeeYourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the lip shimmers, but this particular shade was not my color. I bought it based on the color of the lip cap - it was lighter than the lip shimmer in Fig, so I picked it up, thinking it would be the same hue as my lips. Later, I found out that the color is a light mauve-pink - a little too light for my skin tone. I have an olive complexion, so light pink lip colors tend to wash out my face. It's still a great product overall, as it moisturizes your lips with a hint of sparkle and leaves a satisfying tingling/minty feeling, but it is just not for my particular skin tone. For someone with a fairer complexion, however, I think it would be lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by bloou

I love this! Love the tingle of the peppermint oil and the sheer color. Watermelon is a cool pink with pink shimmers. This is very easy to wear. This is more sheer compared to fig, but I like that it adds some color instead of being clear. I also like the slim tube packaging. I will continue to repurchase the lip shimmers. They're awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Lov3me4m3

This color was alright not my fav, I do love the minty tingly feeling you get when you apply it. I won't repurchase tho

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by luminablue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I'm a lip balm fan in general, and this product hits my alley well. It has a nice peppermint scent. I happen to like the menthol feeling it gives, so that's one plus point. The product is very moisturizing. It goes on smoothly and feels lightweight. You get a good amount of pigment from it - it can be used on its own or with a lipstick, gloss, or liner. There is the shine and shimmer effect, but the color is subtle enough to use for a natural, everyday sort of look.

Watermelon is a cool pink tone. It seems to look best on neutral to cool skin tones, though it's a relatively workable shade in general. As for duration, it usually lasts 2-4 on my lips, unless I'm chewing or sipping on something. With its texture, I really don't reapplying it (one of those exceptions).

I'm not a fan of the way the product twists up. On one of the tubes I purchased, the twisting mechanism downright failed. On particularly hot days, it has a tendency to melt too. Combine that with the not-so-ergonomic design, and you have one messy situation. Other than that, I really like Burt's Bee Lip Shimmer. If you want a bit of color but avoid lipsticks altogether, this is a pretty good product to look into.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by candyapple13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love the scent and minty tingle this leaves on my lips. Not only does this moisturize, but it also gives my lips a very pretty neutral-pinkish tint.