Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Watermelon

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide

on 1/7/2015 12:32:00 PM

Just an OK product. I picked up a tube while I was out of town and in a hurry, seeing Burt's Bees and thinking it would be more of a lip balm, which it most definitely is not. It's called a "Lip Shimmer" but I think it's more like a standard lipstick than anything else. The 'Watermelon' shade was pretty (closer to raspberry than watermelon to my eyes), though the shimmer gave it a bit too much of a metallic look. The coverage is medium on first swipe, but can be layered for more. You get that signature minty tingle on application, and that's nice, but beyond that its moisturization properties are nothing to speak of; if anything I found it to be a little on the drying side. All in all, I'm not too impressed, and it's just not a product I reach for that often.

I should note though that my Mom has one of these in "Champagne" - a very very pale shimmery pink - and it looks stunning with her fair skin and silver hair!

on 4/2/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have pretty pigmented lips, so this is a MLBB shade on me. There is peppermint oil in it so it tingles while moisturizing. I find this is one of the less shimmer-y ones, which is a plus! I love that the tubes are so slim and that the ingredients are mostly natural. For the $4.99 I paid, I think it was a good purchase.

on 8/3/2013 7:18:00 PM

This is one of the medium shades--some are too dark (Raisin) or light (Champagne, Strawberry) for me. It's not a dark purple like the tube--it's a medium dusty pink with a slight mauve-brown tone, but a bit too light for my skin tone. It has a bit too much shimmer for me too.

on 6/3/2013 10:54:00 PM

Huge huge fan of this little balm. This shade looks awesome on me. Love the peppermint oil. I buy it by the bundle.

on 9/9/2012 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As many noted, the color is not true to the tube, although this didn't bother me as it is pretty common in cosmetics. Product was creamy and thick. Feathered and migrated even with a lip liner. Not transfer resistant. Sometimes the color was uneven and goopy. Color was semi opaque to opaque on me. Didn't particularly moisturize my lips any more than a lipstick would have. Does not wear well layered under/over other products. Thought I may have gotten a bad tube and exchanged it. The next tube performed the same way.

on 6/8/2012 2:28:00 PM

I love the lip shimmers, but this particular shade was not my color. I bought it based on the color of the lip cap - it was lighter than the lip shimmer in Fig, so I picked it up, thinking it would be the same hue as my lips. Later, I found out that the color is a light mauve-pink - a little too light for my skin tone. I have an olive complexion, so light pink lip colors tend to wash out my face. It's still a great product overall, as it moisturizes your lips with a hint of sparkle and leaves a satisfying tingling/minty feeling, but it is just not for my particular skin tone. For someone with a fairer complexion, however, I think it would be lovely.

on 2/16/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Love the tingle of the peppermint oil and the sheer color. Watermelon is a cool pink with pink shimmers. This is very easy to wear. This is more sheer compared to fig, but I like that it adds some color instead of being clear. I also like the slim tube packaging. I will continue to repurchase the lip shimmers. They're awesome.

on 2/12/2012 10:29:00 PM

This color was alright not my fav, I do love the minty tingly feeling you get when you apply it. I won't repurchase tho

on 1/12/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I'm a lip balm fan in general, and this product hits my alley well. It has a nice peppermint scent. I happen to like the menthol feeling it gives, so that's one plus point. The product is very moisturizing. It goes on smoothly and feels lightweight. You get a good amount of pigment from it - it can be used on its own or with a lipstick, gloss, or liner. There is the shine and shimmer effect, but the color is subtle enough to use for a natural, everyday sort of look.

Watermelon is a cool pink tone. It seems to look best on neutral to cool skin tones, though it's a relatively workable shade in general. As for duration, it usually lasts 2-4 on my lips, unless I'm chewing or sipping on something. With its texture, I really don't reapplying it (one of those exceptions).

I'm not a fan of the way the product twists up. On one of the tubes I purchased, the twisting mechanism downright failed. On particularly hot days, it has a tendency to melt too. Combine that with the not-so-ergonomic design, and you have one messy situation. Other than that, I really like Burt's Bee Lip Shimmer. If you want a bit of color but avoid lipsticks altogether, this is a pretty good product to look into.

on 12/22/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love the scent and minty tingle this leaves on my lips. Not only does this moisturize, but it also gives my lips a very pretty neutral-pinkish tint.