October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

Tools - MAC - Printout Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2004 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tcshin

I got this in green. They're really cute brushes and the quality isn't the best but it comes with the essential makeup brushes. One thing i don't like about it is the packaging. The bag is sooo long, and it seems cheap. Other than that i would rebuy for traveling purposes. Oh and REMEMBER to ALWAYS clean your brushes! who know waht may be growing in your brushes??!!! ewww

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by belb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a novice when it comes to quality brushes, I'm afraid, so I thought I'd treat myself to one of these sets. I got the pink set, which is just so cute with salmon pink handles that are the perfect length for the nearsighted (no bumping the mirror with these brushes!). The quality of the bristles is great, and they have made applying makeup a dream. They're not as soft as the Trish McEvoy brushes I got at the same time, but the eye brushes seem to do a better job of handling MAC pigments. The little pink bag is a bit of a bonus, though not something I would buy on its own, but I love my little travel brushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 5:43:00 AM More reviews by MsiLLneSs

I absolutely love this brush set for two reasons, the quality of mac brushes and the great value of it. To buy each one of these ultra useful brushes individually would burn a hole in your wallet so buying the brush set was a great financial move, lol. The pucci-style printout design is lovely as it was released pre-fall. The case is soft and the brush handles match the theme of which color you might choose (blue, green, pink). Inside the bag elastic loops hold the brushes neatly in place, and in the cover a pocket for keeping your extra tidbits. The case is easily closed with a stylish zipper ring in which your pointy finger fits. As for the brushes I need not explain because you can look up the reviews separately: 129, 224, 242, 266, and 316. HTH!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2004 5:43:00 PM More reviews by implosive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rating: 8

Price: $45 USD

Quality:: 7.5

Repurchase? Yes

Comments:I was pleasantly surprised by the printout brush set. I expected the brushes to be made haphazardly and of cheap quality. These aren't exactly for everyday use, since the quality isn't that of regular MAC brushes, however, a great substitute. I took points off for the packaging because it came in a cheap looking polyurethane bag that smells like vinyl. I would have appreciated the bag more if it were a bit smaller. It was long (think elementary school pencil pouches) though the inside does have straps to hold the brushes and a flap that keeps the brushes from getting caught in the zipper and getting the hairs out of shape. On the opposite side there is a small open pocket, though I don't imagine what would be kept in there since the majority of makeup will fit inside the actual pouch and not in the small inside pocket. I have this set in pink. I recommend this set to anyone looking for a great travel set or a beginner's set. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2004 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hair

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the brush set with pink handles. It is so cute. Love that case let me tell you. Anyway, the brushes are pretty good for travel brushes, and they can be used every day. I have the Bobbi Brown blush brush and prefer this one. I like the fact that it is a nice colour and today I took it with me in my tiny le sportsac make up bag with my peachy keen blush. I realize there is a difference in quality and shape of brush but I think that these brushes are still better than most. The 242 in this tiny set is fantastic. Perfect for doing the lid or apply shadow to brow bone area. The liner is good (I have the really big one) even though it is not as refined. I am happy with this set. I had bought it last year and returned it. This time I gave it a REAL chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2004 8:13:00 AM More reviews by pinstripemafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm SO happy I bought one of these! I mainly bought it for travel and to stash in my bag for touch ups, which I believe is what these were intended for anyway. I bought this in green. It comes with a vinyl or poly (not sure which) zippered pouch which is a nice roomy size. Inside it has elastic loops on one side for your brushes with an overlay flap to protect them, and the other side has a pouch for stashing some makeup. I think one of the palettes from the prinout collection would fit nicely in here. I haven't recieved mine yet though. The brushes aren't the BEST quality, but for something I won't be using as often as my regular brushes they're great. They are pretty small. The brushes you get are: 129 (blush), 224 (dome eyeshadow), 242 (concealer), 266 (angled eyeshadow), and 316 (lip). Everything you need to get your makeup done on the run or away from home.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2004 12:44:00 AM More reviews by BeeBeeGun

I bought this PINK brush set from The Bay for $58Cdn, plus tax of course.

I was told by the MA that they pre-sold HALF the inventory, which is, for that store, 50 sets. So she told me if I want anymore (which I did because I had to buy another one for my friend), I should go there the minute the store opens on July 15th.

So at 9:30am, I went there, and surprise surprise. There was only one other person there. Looks like they love scaring me. Every single time. Come early or it'll be gone.

Back to the brushes. I LOVE LOVE the pink handles. The bonus is that the brushes are actually pretty nice - quite soft. I was worried that it would be rock hard and harsh on my face, but I"m actually quite impressed by the quality. I actually don't own any regular size MAC brushes, so I can't compare; but for me, these are good enough.

I have to say though, if the brushes were regular black handled or whatever, i probably wouldn't have bought the brush set. I bought it really for the pink. THe bag I found to be quite cheesy. It's way to bright and OTT for everyday to pull out. I'm sure I'll find a use for it, but I wish it was cheaper, and not come with the cheesy bag. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 2:40:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish that MAC would make SE editions of more brushes than these. I only use 2 of these brushes regularly (316 and 224) since I have my fabulous 150 powder brush. These are pretty, but the case is absolutely hideous! I like the color choices for the handles.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Lo_li_ta

Ive been looking forward to buying this for weeks! I wanted the holidazzle set sooo bad, but wasnt able to get one. Anyways, im really glad i bought this, but im kind of suprised about how small the brushes actually are. In the set you get SE versions of the 129,224,242,266 and the 316 which comes with a cheap plastic cover, but its better than nothing. The brush quality seems to be the same as the regular MAC brushes, so im very happy in that respect. The bag is kind of cheapo though, reeks like vynil (or, polyurethane), there are elastic slots for the brushes and a flap to lay over the bristles, as well as a pocket on the other side for makeup. Im really happy i was able to get the set this time around, as its so much cheaper to get a small set like this than to buy the full size ones. but still, they are a little skimpy looking.

*EDIT* I'm kinda disapointed with the 242 brush, its rather sharp and scratchy. Maybe i just got a bad one. I'm hoping its just a fluke, because i was intending on buying the full sizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by tanmh_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe that the Printout Set is being released here even before the states... anyway, the brush set is so lovely! it comes in pink, blue and green handles with matching brush cases with mod-ish motifs. The brushes are just like last year's Shademates collection, but the brush case is more elongated and of course, in much funkier color choices. There's teh blush brush, blender brush, taklon brush, lip brush and small angled brush. these brushes should be essential for daily use. All the colors are so gorgeous! I was comtemplating real hard, but in the end i settled for the one. hey, they're not cheap... guess i'd have to scrimp in other ways! which is totally awesome, since i'm trying to loose weight.. hee...