April 16, 2014 | 1638 users online

Skincare - Face - Darphin - Jasmine Aromatic Care

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thie jasmine aromatic care elixir smells sooo good and makes my skin soft and hydrated , its truly a pleasure everytime I use it, it is also antiaging and I put more around eyes and mouth and helps to soften my fine wrinkles, I have almost all the Darphin aromatic oils and this one is my favorite til now, I would like to try the 8 nectar flower but this one is outstanding by itself certainly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this face oil, but there are so many other ones out there to try. It does make my skin softer, and keep the pores tight, so maybe I would buy it again. It did not knock my socks off, but maybe it keeps the lines away. A little does go a very long way, and I am not allergic to it. Very good for sensitive skin. Does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by becky_stokke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Another HG for those with dry sensitive skin. A little goes a long way, and boy does it work. It smells divine, and leaves my skin happy and hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ceen

A definite complexion enhancer. The benefit with this product was immediate: complexion more even-toned and clarified. A little goes a long way with this one so the little bottle lasts quite some time. At night I alternate between this and Darphin's Tangerine Aromatic Care: each as good as the other in terms of performance. A winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

A few of the lovely ladies below answered my queries about the Jasmine Aromatic Care. Thanks to kittyskyfish for the ingredients listing. I was quite intrigued with all the good reviews and wanting something nice for my 'mature' skin. I got the deluxe sample from a plastic surgeon's office. She told me that a lot of people use the aromatic oils post-peel. At first, the strong scent of the jasmine was offputting, but I have grown accustomed to it. Yes, it is expensive, but with Darphin a little seems to go a long way. Patting a few drops onto skin moistened with Avene toner helps economize on the product. I should note that I don't use this every day, rather I alternate between Burt's Bees, Clarins Orchid and the Jasmine. I believe each product has something to offer and thus I hope to reap the benefits of each of their ingredients, and this doesn't seem to be negatively affecting my skin. I also have samples of the Rose and Camomile Oils and like them equally well, but believe for me they would be more suitable for summer or for younger skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this daily for almost four months and what I've found is my skin is firmer, my skin tone is clearer, blemishes heal faster, I'm more radiant and overall my skin is more resistant to external irritants. Honestly, I don't know *why* this works so well because I had been using a very similar nutrient-rich, anti-aging oil blend (Burt's Bees) for over a year before trying the Jasmine Aromatic Care, and although Burt's Bees has been great, Darphin has been performing 100x better.
I didn't notice radical changes overnight. Instead my skin has slowly been looking better and better. The changes aren't dramatic but very similar to how skin looks when you get great sleep for a few nights in a row. It's marketed to mature skin types but the ingredients are very effective as an ANTI-aging treatment, so even those in their 20's can add this to their routine to give their skin protection and a means to repair environmental damage. I just bought my 2nd bottle - definitely recommended! Ingredients: prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, rosa rubiginosa seed oil, limonene, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil, aleurites moluccana seed oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, cananga odorata flower oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) flower oil, rubis idaeus (raspberry) seed oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil unsaponifiables, persea gratissima (avocado) oil unsaponifiables, tocopherol, cymbopogon martini oil, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, rosa damascena flower oil, linalool, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, citronellol, farnesol, citral. continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

OK - this costs a lot!! I think it was 160$ (Canadian), which is steep! However, I am on my 2nd bottle and the 1st lasted about 9 months. Really, I couldn't bear my skin after I ran out! Moreover, I had a consultation with Canada's head Darphin advisor, and she did not recommend I continue with the jasmine, but I completely disregarded her. She was totally arrogant and was more interested in sales, IMO. Anyway, she felt that the jasmine was too rich for me - I am 41 but am lucky to have great skin. Still, I should be the poster child for this product - I really feel that it improves skin tone, brightness, texture and overall condition. I use it nightly and even in the day during stressful times or if I am lacking sleep. Because I have oily skin, I sometimes skip moisturiser after it, especially in summer (the Darphin advisor would have a fit, but my skin was tons nicer than hers, so I'll stick with my own method). Again, ask for a sample before purchase because it is alot of money if you don't agree with me.

EDIT: I posted my initial review 2 yrs ago...I still use and love this product. I use it much less in the humid summer months, but I always have it nearby.
EDIT: It is now 2011 and I have been using this for at least 6 years. 5 drops is all it takes for my face, neck and chest area.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sleepiggy

This is amazing products. A little goes a long way. I got a 7ml deluxe sample. I have faithfully used it for almost 6 weeks every day, and I only used about 3ml so far! So, the full size 15ml bottle can last for about six months or even longer.

I am 31 and I experience my best skin conditions after I switch to Darphin line just from the beginning of this month. I used to have breakouts. This amazing thing even helps on my beakout. After using the aromatic purifying balm for several days, I did a hydrating mask for myself, then I apply this wonderful oil. When I massage on my face, the miracle happens, it pulls out lots of tiny whiteheads and blackheads and my skin never feel so great and clean although I regularly applying mask or peels. The next days, I cannot discribe how luminous my skin is because those things are pulled out.

The drawback is price. I find I can purchased Darphin online from some Canadian website and the price is only 2/3 of that in US. It makes my wallet more happy.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 6:57:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can't tell you how gorgeous this aromatic oil is. While Rose Aromatic Care is for dehydrated, normal or mixed mature skin, this new Darphin's aromatic oil is for really demanding and dry mature skin. I highly recommend this oil to ladies over 40! I use it at night under Arovita C cream.
I must say that pure jasmin has a really weird smell (OK-let's be honest - I thought the scent of this oil was awful). But it is a completely natural plant scent, and you'll be amazed with effects of this aromatic oil. It really improves condition of the skin and has a noticeable revitalizing effect. Since I've been using this my skin is rejuvenated, refreshed and more soupple. This aromatic oil in conjuction with Arovita C cream are now my NO.1 night-care staples.
Yes, I will buy again and again. This is one of the best Darphin's products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No