August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Lipstick - Too Faced - Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the Le Creme line. These are the best lipsticks, creamy, great packaging and nice to wear. I own Spice Spice Baby, In the Buff and Cinnanmom kiss, all nude on my medium, warm complexion (MAC NC37-40). They aren't cheap but I think that their creaminess and sleek packaging make it worth it. These lipsticks feel great on the lips, I can apply them without a mirror for the most part because they are so easy to put on and have a good staying power for a creamy lipstick. These colors are great nudes, no shimmer and enough pigmentation to actually show up. I will probably get more colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I passed on this twice at Sephora, but finally decided to get it the third time I went there. I bought it in the pink tube in Centerfold. It is a mid-toned mauvy-plum color, but I love it! At first I thought it may be too dark for my coloring, but when I saw a photo of me wearing it, I decided it was a keeper! There is a smell, but I can't place what it is. It is not unpleasant. This lipstick has good staying power. I would repurchase. I am so glad I finally bought it!

***EDITED on 5/12/12: I deducted 3 lippies and threw this away because the smell was nauseating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rmtodd

I love their lipsticks. It's my fav for buying lipsticks. I think my fav of all their lipsticks is Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. They come in really cute little boxes and then the lipstick is so cute and it's nice looking too. I love this brand!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought "Celebrity Meltdown" ... I think that was the name of the color - and I love it. I love the texture, the pretty pinkish tube, and this color - it's like a pink, silver, gold, bronze - a zillion colors all in one. It's pretty! I detect a faint smell but I love it. I really like Too Faced products - I have not had a bad experience yet and I own several items from this line. This lipstick was 18.00, I believe, and I think that's too much for a tube of lipstick - but, I bought it so there ya go. At least I really like it! I would buy another tube if I got some sort of "deal" - I don't know that I would spend 18.00 again although I really like this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kleopatrra

I've never spent this much on lipstick, it's $18 normally, but Beauty.com had an anniversary & anything you bought was 20% off, so I went for it. I bought it in Cupcake. It's a lovely, bright pink - not a dark color, but not light so that it's pale really, it's more traditional pink. I love the formula, it's smooth, it has a faint yet lovely scent, & it stays on forever. I like to put on a thin coat of clear base before I put a lipstick on so that lipsticks feel comfortable, so I don't know if this is drying on it's own. The container is beautiful & sleek. The only reason it's 4 instead of 5 lippies is 1) the price (oof) & 2) I have to be gentle using it because any hard pressing would in time dislodge the lipstick at it's base. That probably sounds like a real downer, but I love the other qualities SO much that I just don't care, I'll work around it. The shade suits my extremely fair/porcelain pink-toned skin, and works just fine over my heavily pigmented lips. This is not a natural or subtle pink, it's girly, and leaning towards bold, but not garish or loud. I'll definitely re-purchase, I absolutely adore this thing. I'll consider trying the other two shades that *might* work on my very fair coloring, Totally Nude & Celebrity Meltdown, but I'd probably wait for another discount. My first Too Faced product - LOVE.

UPDATE: It's a year since I bought Cupcake & I just bought Marcia Marcia Marcia & Pink Flamingo. Both shades are great, I wrote a review on MMM already. Pink Flamingo is a pinky peach (very little pink, but the peach is definitely not the only shade there), with some glimmer to it, and looks great on my very fair skin/highly pigmented lips. I love these lipsticks! I usually apply over a moisturizing base and it makes the shade more subtle, which I tend to do with all my lipsticks. Fun stuff :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by taralynn0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Cupcake. It is a real pretty bubble gum pink. Love the staying power and pigment! There is also a slight shimmer, but not obnoxious. The packaging is super cute too!

The con of this lipstick is the smell! Maybe it is my sensitive pregnant nose, but it smells sour! It's not very pleasant. Also, at $18 each, this is pretty pricey :(

Haven't decided if I will re-purchase. I feel like I can find something similar for a lot less money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Rascal

I loved the shade Drop Dead Red, the perfect red for me but after only wearing it for an hour it bleed and smeared all over my lips. I couldn't beleive it when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I almost died of embrassement and nobody at work had the courage to tell me that I looked like Dracula after he had dinner. What made it worse was that the color stained my lips so I had a hard time cleaning up the mess. Normally I would love it when a lipstick had a little bit of stain to it but not when it's running down my chin! I gave it one more try but ended up with the same results. My friend loved the shade on me (before it smeared) so when I told her I was going to toss it she begged me for it. The next day she called me up yelling at me because it smeared all over her chin as well. What a shame the quality was horrible but yet the color was beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2005 5:19:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Femme Fatale. The color is absolutely gorgeous, a pinky-coppery red with a bronzy shimmer. Gives medium to full coverage. Very nice on a brown-haired fair-skinned girl like me. Overall nice wear, stays on for ages. Others have commented on spoilage with this product; I bought this on clearance, so presumably it was already old. I've had mine for about 5 months now and after frequent use it still smells mildly chocolatey (like it did when I bought it). I noticed the other colors of the same lipstick they had on clearance all had different nice scents, except all the Drop Dead Reds stank of rancidity.. perhaps it's just that color? Anyway, very pleased, would buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I think I have found my own solution for the only problem with this lipstick. I have this in Marcia, Marcia, Marcia and Sex Kitten and I LOVE both colors; Marcia is a gorgeous frosty pink (I have been looking for just this shade for a long time, I'm very fair and pink and this looks so pretty but I can see how this can only work on really fair girls or really dark, altho fair is fair cuz I can't wear anything really brown or coral ;)while Sex Kitten is a gorgeous berry that would work on ANYONE. The smell is yummy and good because my boyfriend doesn't mind kissing me with it on and this stuff stays on for forever!!!

So what is the only problem with it? It is a bit drying, yes, but what I do is smear on some Burt's Beeswax lip balm (I LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff, it's the only lip balm that I can actually FEEL working and makes my lips softer immeadiately) and wait a few minutes for it to absorb. Then I apply the lipstick, dabbing it on and then putting on a thicker coat. Eureka, perfect lips!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by nicololoid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to write in after I read the last post! Yes my colored too faced lipstick got all disgusting too after awhile! Interestingly, the frosting color I have had for well over a year and it is still perfect. Not too happy to hear that they won't stand behind there products. I don't think I will buy from them again. If you know a color similar to the frosting let me know please.