Dior J'adore summer fragance

3.4

on 7/19/2013 4:50:00 PM

One of my favorite scents. I do prefer EDTs and lighter scents and find it overpowering if they linger a long time. So this was great for me. I looked up the notes: Champaca Flower, Mandarin, Crystallized Orchid; Jasmine, Muguet, Violet; Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood and Blackberry Musk. I wear it very rarely because I'm avoiding phthalates - I'm on the lookout for a phthalate-free version!

Love the bottle too - keeping it partly for that reason.

on 6/17/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I remember buying a bottle of this version when it first came out in 2001 in the Sephora on the Champs Elysees, Paris. It was No.2 in their top 10 and was plastered all over the front of the shop. Well, for an alcohol free version this stuff was pretty strong and sweet. I did like it at the time, but my taste in perfumes has changed over the years and I wouldn't really wear this now.

on 2/16/2009 11:12:00 PM

A passable fruity aquatic floral. Disappointingly generic and decidedly "department store" in feeling.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

my favorite perfume i've ever tried so far =) keep in mind though that the summer j'adore does smell slightly different than the regular eau de parfum. it's more sweet/plasticky than the original, which is more classy floral (but some people think the original is too floral anyways apparently). definitely much much lighter, someone below said it was like spraying water on themselves... which isnt entirely true, but you do want to spray more than once to get a good scent out of the summer version. doesn't last long at all. i spray it in my hair since it's alcohol free and won't dry it out, and i spray the original parfum on my wrists for actual impact that won't fade as easily. i love j'adore because it's easily inoffensive, but is different/stands out enough from other fragrances.

on 6/21/2006 3:18:00 PM

Love this stuff! I really like subtle perfume without much punch, so this is great. It's not overpowering at all and smells light and elegant. I like the way it smells on my skin. The original is so strong and stays that way all day, which is good for some women, but not for me. I can see how some might find this too weak and lacking strong notes.

Sing along with me y'all! "This sh*t is bananas... B-A-NA-A-NA-A-NA-AS"... Ok this doesn't smell like sh*t, but it smells like ripe bananas! Lol... smelled better when I tried it last year. I'll review again later...

j'adore is an ok fragrance, but the summer edition has absolutely no personality. it doesn't smell bad or anything, it smells nice. but it definitely lacks that "something" which makes you remember a fragrance. it's plain ordinary.

on 12/22/2005 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's got the same signature J'adore scent that I love so much but this one is very sheer and it also smells more fresh and cool. But I prefer the original J'adore perfume. Even the original bottle is prettier (gold vs. white). However, this fragrance is better than a lot of the other ones out there. Get the original instead though cuz it's longer-lasting and more romantic.

on 10/28/2005 10:15:00 AM

I bought this in duty free at Heathrow on my way to Barcelona and wore the fragrance for most of time there. It now reminds me of that holiday and of sun, beaches and exploring. It is a nice summer version of a scent and would work well in the summer for work or for time off. I would buy it again for a holiday or for the summer i think but would never use it as my only scent. The staying power is not impressive but it could be worse considering it doesn't contain alchohol.

on 9/9/2005 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe it's just the bottle I got (bought it @ my local Sephora)... but this was a complete waste of my money! I swear, I can't even smell this-- AT ALL! It is like spraying bottled water on me, and I am NOT kidding! I was really surprised, becuz I love the original J'adore and a few other Dior fragrances, but this one was a real disappointment. My regular J'adore is pretty strong, especially in hot weather, so when I heard Dior came out with a summer fragrance, I was hooked! There were no testers available that day, and I bought the last bottle that was on the shelf- expecting it would be a lighter version of my original J'adore. Well, sad to say... it was not. As far as I'm concerned, it is just tinted water in a frosted, J'adore bottle. Needless to say, I will never waste my money on this again. Will stick with J'adore, and just hold off on using it in the peak summer months. continued >>

Popular Fragrances