Milani Rose Hip #07

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 5/29/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

THIS COLOR IS VERY FABULOUS!! I'm finally keeping this one, and after throwing this lippie out twice, I now realize that this is the hot NEON pink I was looking for... MAC CYY is nice too(which I have), but I like Rose hip better, especially 4 the price!!! I regret throwing out this shade twice and finding other hot pinks, like Revlon's LOVE THAT PINK, which I thought was the PERFECT hot pink but it turned out to be sheer and off-red! (returned it). Now, this milani lippie has a satin-y finish, which has the matte feeling I like, and it has some purple and blue tones to it!!!!! will repurchase this 1000 times over again!! thanks Milani!!!

on 9/19/2014 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This shade is fabulous. A beautiful hot pink that looks lovely on my neutral/warm skin tone.

But the best thing is that this lipstick is the most comfortable one I've ever worn. Glides on beautifully, highly pigmented, lasts a long time, and doesn't fade weird. The scent is nice as well!

Can't wait to try new shades of the same line :)

on 7/29/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my third Rose Hip. I've been wearing Rose Hip since long before MAC released Candy Yum Yum. RH & CYY are almost identical shades. I prefer and love Rose Hip. Highly pigmented with excellent non-drying coverage. This lipstick has a beautiful barely-there watermelon scent and flavor. It It lasts for hours and it wears off evenly leaving a beautiful stain. No caking. No bleeding. Just hot pink lipstick perfection. I always get tons of compliments when I wear it. I love the new packaging and at under $6 CAD, you can't beat the price.

on 1/5/2014 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Super pigmented and hydrating. I really love the scent, but can see why other people would find the cherry Jolly Rancher-esque scent off putting. I am very fair with cool toned skin, and it complements my skin nicely. This is a great shade at an awesome price!

on 8/25/2013 3:46:00 PM

dupe for macs candy yum yum at a fraction of the price. i can not get enough of this lip stick! so gorgeous!! i loveee Milani!

on 8/17/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am all about my bright colored lippies...I have always ran to MAC for to feed said bright plight and addiction. Not so anymore! Not since I discovered this brand. Wow, just wow!

Let us begin with Milani as a brand wherein their color statement line of lipsticks are concerned, shall we?

1) Its totally affordable at about $5 per lipstick.
2) Pigmentation is to die for, they give MAC a major run for its money and rep to be sure.
3) They are totally on par with a number of other popular high end brands where formulation is concerned - this formula is creamy as heck and totally moisturizing.
4) I dunno what gives with the scent of this stuff but its like junkfood junkie aromatherapy heaven! These lipsticks smell like jolly ranchers. That may be off putting to some, but I think its delish as well as fitting considering the bright fun color range they have going.
5) I love how they show the color at the bottom of the case; I love how the color is exactly the same as the actual lipstick itself even more because their are other brands which try to do this and fail (I have made purchases based on the color shown on base, gotten home and been disappointed).

Rose Hip is a close dupe of MAC's Candy Yum Yum and kinda sorta close to MAC's Girl About Town - well, er, at least for me it is, as its definitely replaced Girl bout Town for me, a shade in which used to be my go to bright pink. Now I find myself grabbing Milani's Rose Hip first when I want a bright and flattering va-va-voom type of hot pink. Honestly the formulation is smoother, the shade is brighter, and its got much better staying power than Mac's GAT does. But I think the big ticket winner between these brands similar bright pink shades is that Milani has some sort of voodoo type magic in the realm of formulating shades that are flattering to all skin tones across the board, whereas a lot of other pricey big name brands may make a similar color yet that color isn't flattering on all women. Of course this is just MY opinion, some others may argue Milani's RH has nothin' on MAC's or other brands bright pinks. But I beg to differ... and more importantly, Milani is so dang inexpensive that women who love brights made by big name co's should really give it a try because I pretty much guarantee they will not be disappointed.

If you love bright colors, creamy formulations, full coverage, and bang for your buck, do try this shade and brand!

on 7/19/2013 8:38:00 PM

I love this color. It's bright as heck, and a great alternative to red. As much as I might wish otherwise, red looks terrible on me.

It's a little drying, but worth it, because it's very long-lasting. Also looks great with a gloss, but that makes it less longwearing.
Non-shiny and great with fair skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Beautiful fuschia shade. Rose Hip is really a gorgeous fun color yet doesn't appear clownish. If you are familiar with flowers, Rose Hip looks a lot like the Bougainvillea flower. I find this shade to be extremely wearable against my NC42 skin. However, I do understand that this can be ultra bright on fair skinned people. Rich saturated color with two swipes right from the tube! The formula is creamy and the finish is satin and shimmer-free. The lasting power is just your typical ds lipstick at 1 hour wear until you need to reapply it. Overall, outstanding lipstick!

on 6/12/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: bright fuchsia

Pros

- creamy
- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- scent

Comments: This is a very intense shade of fuchsia - very bright and pigmented. It is very wearable, though as it's not a barbie shade. It stains the lips a bit, so staying power isn't an issue. The only thing I don't like is the watermelon jolly rancher scent. It's very overwhelming, but thankfully it disappers once on the lips (it does taste bad, though). Overall, a great shade...but if you want a closer dupe to Candy Yum Yum check out Maybelline's Fuchsia Flash. You can also do what I do and pair this shade on top of a concealer. I think it looks more fun this way.

Will repurchase.

Will repurchase.

on 5/30/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this lippie! I went on a vacation to Miami and forgot all my lipsticks :( so I had to search for something quick. Picked this up at CVS for a few bucks and it was definitely worth the price. I was going to bring Candy Yum Yum lipstick so I was looking for something bright and this is as close as I could find. It's not drying at all and lasted the whole night! It does have a weird smell but it goes away. Try this if you're looking for a bright pink lipstick that stays put!

Popular Lipsticks