Frederic Fekkai sheer hold hairspray

4.3

on 11/18/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This hairspray does its job for sure. It didn't blow me away, but it does what it is supposed to do. It smells good but it does leave my hair pretty crunchy and more stiff than I would like.

I started out getting this in a kit- a small trial size. It was handy to drop in my purse for a night out. Well, I was downtown and it was windy- I mean huge gusts of wind that almost blow you over. I thought- "Oh no, there goes my hair!"~ I was expecting my hair to look like a crazy rats nest, and this hairspray really held my hair and style. So, I then purchased a full size- I got it at a discount when Sears was clearancing out their makeup department last year. I don't think I would ever pay full price for this, which I think is about $25.00? I love the mist- it's very fine and the dispenser never clogs.

on 2/21/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has bee reformulated. This used to be my favorite hairspray ( the one in the white cannistar with clear or blue top). I loved that it held my hair all day but was not sticky or stiff. Would actually make my hair look better then before I sprayed it. I used to stockpile this everytime I found it. Then a few months ago I had a lot of difficulty finiding it. I even ordered it online from Dermstore, but after they accepted the order, they sent me a notice that they could not fill it. A new formulation of this product has just come out. It is in a Blue cannistar with a clear top. It has much less "hold" and does not really help my style at all. Not a bad product, but not HG like the old formula was. The product is expensive ($20 USD). I still have a couple of the old formula that I will use sparingly. I will not be repurchasing this new formula.

on 7/4/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the travel size based on reviews here. I don't get what's so great about it. It smells bad and I don't get what is light about it. I found it to be a strong hold that just made my hair feel dry. I liked that it's not a wet hairspray .
It was ok but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful, perfect product. Holds firm, but brushes out instantly if you want. Smells lovely and doesn't make you feel like you're murdering brain cells when you use it. Great packaging too - the bottle feels good in my hand.

on 2/6/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite hairspray at the moment. Love, love the smell, and it offered exactly what I was looking for which was a flexible yet durable hold. Works great for teasing and just taming those annoying flyaways. Worth the price!

on 6/15/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite hair spray, holds your look all day long, wont damage your hair, u only need to brush your hair at night to remove all the product and will look shiny, I have try it in high temperatures and your hair style will be flawless. I totally recommend this product. Get the professional size, no matter the time u have been using it the mist will be spread perfectly.

on 2/15/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My mom gave me this hairspray because she likes a stronger hold. I general, I don't like hairspray very much. The Fekkai sheer hold is good, but I don't think it is all that superior to other, cheaper hairsprays. The nozzle clogs continuously. Very annoying. It's not very heavy, but I feel it gives more hold than I want. The smell is nice, but overpowering. Again, I cannot stress how annoying the nozzle clogging gets. It is the hairspray I use most often, but for the price, I would not buy it myself.

on 12/15/2011 9:54:00 PM

I very rarely use hairspray. Every one I had tried before left my hair stiff and smelling like bug spray. Recently I wanted to comb my hair into a certain style which required a set to it. So I grabbed my trial sized can of Fredric Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray that was part of a gift set. OMG, this stuff is fabulous. It has changed my mind about hairsprays. It has a very faint, slightly fruity scent and sprays as a controlled fine mist (so you aren't left in a fog of spray). The hold is excellent without being stiff or sticky. This hairspray held so well that even after sleeping I woke up with my hair looking the same as the day before. Once this trial size can is gone I will be getting a full sized one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Can't say too much, except that this is hands down my favorite hairspray, works amazingly, smells delicious, costs a lot of money but lasts months and months, and is one of those products that others just pale in comparison.

Popular Styling Products