October 31, 2014 | 812 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Archipelago Botanicals - Sugar Lotion for body

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

Love this body cream! I've always been a huge fan of Fresh Sugar fragrance but I go thru the bottle so quickly it has become too expensive. To me this body cream smells exactly like it and lasts a lot longer. This review is for the Brown Sugar & Vanilla scent. It's a great way to get the scent at a fraction of the cost. Still this is not cheap at $25 a bottle but the bottle is 15 oz. Also this doesn't leave my skin sticky, just hydrated. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by tommileonard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the white sugar and mango scent and absolutely love it. I have extremely dry skin and it seems to just soak up the lotion. It leaves a wonderful clean scent on my skin. I've had friends ask what I'm wearing and it's often times just the lotion, not other scent!

I adore everything about this lotion except the price. I think that for the price, perhaps a glass vessel would be nicer than plastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by NJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love the scent and the moisture. I love pampering myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by fanforreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I used the Brown Sugar & Vanilla along with Euphoria perfume, this guy I dated said, I smelled edible. This lotion is very rich and leaves skin soft. But the price is too expensive. I'll stick with jergens which is more rich and creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The sugar cane and coconut scent is almost exactly like BBW Coconut Lime Verbena, but a little lighter on the lime. Absorbs rapidly, and the pump is great. I wish it was a bit cheaper though, then I could use it all the time. The matching wash is lovely too, and that huge container is certainly worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In a word... yum!!!!
One of the nicest smelling lotions I have tried lately. Rich without being obnoxious. I wish it was a bit thicker, but it is lotion, and technically not a cream. Like a lot of products from this brand, this lotion has a shower gel to match. Both products are packaged in HUGE pump bottles so you can just plunk the gel in the shower and the lotion on the bathroom counter and not shop for bath products for another year! (Wait, what audience I am speaking too?....
Oh, MUA *slaps forehead* Silly me, telling girls they won't need to shop for a while! LOL!!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME!!! My skin feels sooo soft and the scent lasts. I have the Brown Sugar & Vanilla. OMG! Heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I just tried the Sugar & Coconut scent in this lotion. While it smells good, very light & refreshing...not like suntan lotion, it's not as yummy as the brown sugar version. Still, it's a nice change on occasion and the lotion itself is as awesome as the bs version.
OMG! This stuff is simply decadent! I have the brown sugar vanilla version. At first it has a lemon souffle scent top note (think philosophy handmade cream), but it dries down quickly leaving no trace of lemon, just a warm, creamy mostly brown sugar scent with a touch of vanilla that's rich, not sweet. It actually has vanilla extract in it. That too disappears within 20 minutes on me so it doesn't interfere with other scents. At least I think the scent disappears, but people always tell me how good I smell hours later. My guy walked into the house the other day way after I'd put it on and said "mmmm...brown sugar...whas cookin'?" Just me!! ;) But the best thing is the consistancy and how it leaves my skin feeling. I've never felt anything quite like it. I have no luck with shea butters as they never seem to absorb into my skin and leave a sticky, greasy coating that makes me insane. This has jojoba, sunflower and aloe. They call it a lotion but it feels more like a rich cream to me. It absorbs almost instantly, leaving absolutely no residue or grease behind. What's left is a silky, almost glass coating on your skin that doesn't cause fingerprints or clothes to stick at all. I can get dressed immediately after putting this on and even my tightest jeans pull right up. It's almost a matte finish (in a good way), so I put my HG O's Perfect World body cream on my chest and exposed body parts 'cuz it leaves me glowy. It also has AHA's so it leaves my skin so incredibly soft I'm in awe. Definitely has gotten more even toned as well. I also think it has slowed down hair growth on my legs 'cuz it seems like I don't have to shave as often and what hair is there comes in much softer. Gotta love that! I transfer some to a little plastic bottle and carry it with me in my purse always. My new obsession!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lexy7737

i have the archipelago botanicals sugar lotion in 'brown sugar and vanilla', 'white sugar and mango', and 'sugar cane and coconut' all three are unique and very refreshingly sweet and light. doesn't interfere with my fragrances if i'm wearing one. just a very delicate trace of what a clean girl should smell like. i love all three- besides the johnson and johnson softlotions, these are my HG body lotions. at 25 USD per 15 fl oz. it's pretty steep for lotion, but very worth it IMO as i haven't found any better light lotion with such pretty/light/clean scents. leaves my skin baby soft and comfortable ;p highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sniffed the Brown Sugar & Vanilla lotion in the store and I had to have it as it smelled so yummy! When I brought it home I was disappointed to notice a faint lemony smell in the bottle. However, after applying the lotion the lemon completely fades and I smell nothing but Brown Sugar & Vanilla. The lotion itself is very thick and moisturizing--almost like a cream. And the scent is very strong and lasting. I will definitely repurchase.