September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Loose Powders - Vincent Longo - Loose Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best, finely-milled loose powders on the market and if you skin tending towards the dry side like mine, this is an option to consider. Most loose powders look chalky, matte and make my dry skin irritated. But this one is different. I use a Sonia Kashuk powder brush or the Real Techniques Powder brush to sweep a small amount of the powder to set my Vincent Longo Water Canvas foundation and I get an airbrushed polished look without the powder just sitting on my skin. For reference, I am fair with warm undertones and can use both the Porcelain 1 and the Warm Sienna No. 3. The powders seem to be very forgiving and I find that I can use more than color without altering the true color of my skin. I highly recommend this loose powder because it is nonirritating, lasts all day and give an airbrushed finish to your makeup. As with any powder, it is important to use the right brush so I recommend either the Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush (black handled collection) or the Real Techniques Powder brush (which have synthetic bristles) for a smooth application of this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by missnjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An excellent powder, extremely fine which looks very natural and stops me from look both too matte and too shiney whilst setting my foundation and concealer to really let through the day (and also the night if I go on to party after work) I have fair skin with a little more pink in it then I'd like so I bought this in golden banana which overcompensates for the pinky cheeks nicely without looking yellow or unnatural. The packaging is also very good as it is very small which is travel and purse friendly, the two drawbacks of this would be you don't pay any less then other high end brands despite the contents size difference, and if your using a nice big loose powder brush (I use the too faced loose powder brush) it only just fits into the container and therefore there is no room to sweep the brush around the container properly and pick the powder up right into the bristles. All you can do is dip into the powder and the turn the brush upside down and tap it to sink the powder into the bristles from even distribution and less product loss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Vincent Longo Perfect Canvas loose powder. I bought this when Sephora had it on sale. I figured it wouldn't be great because they were getting rid of it, however, I was wrong. It goes on smooth and makes my skin look great. I don't wear foundation and don't use concealer. I've worn it with the Korres Age-reversing Primer, Philosophy's the Present, and Tart's Clean Slate Primer. It works well with all of them. What sucks is that if I buy this again, I'll have to purchase it at full price from beauty.com. At $44 I think it is expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Originally, this was a holy grail. I absolutely love the VL water canvas foundation, and used this to top it off. I liked how it never went on too cakey and the great ingredients (amino acids, water, etc). I use #4, Golden Oriental, which is both yellow based and a tad bit darker than the usual bananae shades. A brush set my foundation with absolutely no visible powder, using the velour puff (which is pretty good by the way) it gave a lovely matte look, as if I had used a pressed powder.

HOWEVER, i did run into the same problem as some other reviewers: i noticed that in hot weather (perspiration), I was getting yellow fingerprints over everything. The powder melts into dye when it comes in contact with something wet. I am sad that this keeps this loose powder from being perfect. Maybe I will have to try the translucent, but those always seem to pale on me :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is a really lovely powder. The #3 is a perfect match for me and the texture is great. I would not buy this again simply because of the price. It costs $40 for ony .21 oz. This is more expensive per ounce than even chanel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to switch from translucent powder (LM) to a colored one for the days I don't wear foundation and need a light veil to even things out. I wear VL foundation in Warm Beige.

The color selection is limited and seems to run a bit to the light side - so I ended up with Golden Sienna, which ran too orange. The Golden Banana feels beautiful but is a bit chalky looking.

It is expensive for the size pot, but you don't need much. I prefer Scott Barnes Diamond Dust for an even glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by addiktdtoprodukt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora in hopes of finding a new loose powder. I have used Coty Airspun for 25 years, and never had any problems with it, until very recently.

I have noticed that within the last year or so, my powder was settling in the fine lines in my face. These lines were not visible until I applied the powder.

I asked for a recommendation at Sephora, and this is what I got. It is a small container, and pricey, $40.00. I figured I would try it until I found something cheaper or better.

I have to say, I really like what it does for me. It doesn't settle into my fine lines. It leaves a nice, airbrushed finish. It doesn't change color during the day. It does not irritate my eyes as some others have. It feels wonderfully silky on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder in Golden Banana, but returned it after only a few weeks of use. $40 buys you an incredibly small amount of product. It's just not worth it, as the powder was average at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2004 10:05:00 AM More reviews by cityfiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used VL Loose Face Powder for quite a while now - three to four years, maybe? - and it is the best, most discreet powder I've used. I use the Golden Oriental shade, which perfectly matches my skin tone. Price is comparative to all other powders - not less, not more expensive, and it lasts a good long while. I originally used the pressed powder, but I like the loose powder and use it more frequently. I still keep a compact of the pressed powder for travel purposes.
The only criticism I would make is that (and it must be that either VL recently changed the formula for the powder or I got a dud) it now dissolves into a bright yellow-colored dye on contact with water or anything water-based, i.e. perspiration. So, in hot weather, I've had to blot away unsightly yellow beads of perspiration from my face. I recently purchased a new tin of powder, so, whether it's a new formula or just this one tin, I don't know.