August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Star Perfection- Marilyn Monroe Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 3:26:00 AM More reviews by 3lizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! It goes on very lightly, and matches the rest of my skin (I have it in translucent) perfectly. It doesn't cake up or need to be touched up very offten. I only use it on the t-zone and whith most powders I end up having an off colored T on my face. I have to agree that the mirror/powder compartment it annoying. Mostly because you have to wipe off the mirror. It is a little expensive and bulky, but I'll put up with it for a smooth finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Abigpinkpanther

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the shine that the powder has but the brush is kind of silly and doesn't pick up much. The compact design is rediculous, you have to keep swiping the powder and flipping the mirror. The powder is very absorbing and very light. It does make your skin look nice but i haven't used it enough to really comment on that because its too drying for the pan cake foundation i use. It is so soft and cutsey. I bought this because of the glamor and prefection it offered. I think it is nice over a liquid foundation ( the kind from the bottle, not the cake).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This did absolutely NOTHING for my skin. i love the packaging tho, however like most, i'm not a fan of the mirror being at the bottom of the product. All this did was add a slight bit of shimmer to my skin, which would be nice for the winter. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Elveanare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is the first power I have actually used every bit of. I bought it because I liked this lightly shimmery finish with out looking like I had glitter all over my face, and the fact that it was a bit oil absorbing. Its a bit pricy for a drugstore powder, but it lasted me quite a while. I was okay wwith the packaging, not great but I didn't have any problems with it either. I just left it on my vanity though, so I didn't have the cracking problem some other people did. I used my own powder brush instead of the one it came with.
The translucent shade was perfect for me, and didn't seem to add any sort of color --darker or lighter. I'm LLL with pink undertones so it seemed to fit me perfectly. It didn't break me out at all. I used it with out makeup just to even out my color and absorb shine and as a finishing powder over a liquid foundation and it worked great for both.
I can't actually think of anything bad to say about this powder :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very nice packaging. good sturdy mirror, comes with a brush and goes on very light and doesn't feel nasty. pretty pricy and i was worried about the color choices there were only two and i'm pretty pale i was fearing it would make me orange, but it was perfect, little bulky for my purse, but definitely something to check out, it does make you look star perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by msjdahn

very nice light powder! it goes on translucent on me, gives me a bit of that glow that difuses my imperfections on my face, and looks nice overall!. its great to use over a heavy foundation when you don't want to cake things up with too much powder.

its great for midday shininess plus it does not cause me to break out! physician's formula is actually on a short list of cosmetic products that is ok for your skin if you have acne.

only downside is that the compact is retarded, like most of their packaging. the brush (which i replaced with a flocked sponge) and mirror is in a separate section under the powder. so its finicky to use, you have to keep flipping it up and down to get at the powder and then look into the mirror. also the pressed powder seems to collect oil? which is why i switched to sponge and occassionally i have to scrape the top to remove the oil compacted powder. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by redsoxgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have such pale skin it's always a challenge to find a pressed powder that doesn't make my face look "off" no matter how light the color claims to be. However, I bought this and I feel like I've found the promised land! The powder evens out my skin and adds a slight shimmer without looking like there are those weird litle shiny mineral deposits on my skin.NO cakey appearence! it holds my make up in place-from blush to shadow. It doesn't wear off- staying on for a good 8 hours or so without shine coming through. It highlights the paleness of my skin, plays it up whereas other loose and pressed powders tend to make my skin look like I am at deaths doorstep or in need of a blood transfusion. The laser image of Marilyn Monroe is aclever litle way to grab the attention of the customer-but the image fades within a few uses. On the down side Physicians Formula has the tendency to make their products difficult to open without a fight. It might be I'm a klutz but I always fumble opening and closing the compact. Thepressed powder itself tends to crack asnd fall apart easily , but then again me dropping it while trying to open and close the thing doesn't help in that department. I do like the brush Physicians Formula encloses with their bronzer/blush/compressed powder products- I can layer, create shadow and sculpt areas of my face, chin, nose and so forth quite easily, blending everything together seemlessly, giving a natural look. I am going to continue to buy this powder and I recommend it for anyone who like me, has skin so pale a corpse looks like it has a healthy glow by comparison .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 1:40:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder made my skin look really clear, highlighted, and nice. I liked that it had a little shimmer. I bought it mainly because it had Marilyn Monroe's face on it, even though that disappeared in only about 4 days of using it. What I hated about this product is that the mirror is under the powder so it was annoying. I would buy this again tough.

The other bad thing about this is that it breaks easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2005 1:46:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in translucent, durring the winter i'm a PPP and it turns my face orange.
In the summer i'm a laura mercier sunny beige and it works great as a finishing powder. Any other time it turns my face orange.

I've bought this twice durring the summer and loved it, now that my tan is fading and i'm turning pale again I noticed yesterday that my face is orange and my neck is white. Weird. Will not repurchase until i'm tan again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, i bought it because the solar powder bronzer by this brand was good but i didnt like this one. I think the shades are too pink for my tone, which is yellow. it controlled some shine but it changed colors (more pink/orange) on hot days. Did not have spf, beige was not neutral enough, and changing colors... three lippies off! i kept the brush anyway for my HG = NYX twin cake pressed powder, which is sooooo much better in color, spf, and everything!