September 21, 2014 | 1244 users online

Hair - Got 2 Be - Defiant

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jazzyb1989

I bought this when i got my hair cut from a bob to a pixie cut. I loved it. It has nice smell and a strong hold.It kept my part clean, and that made me happy.

I loved it so much I got a second tub of it to keep at my boyfriend's house.That's when the problems started. The second tub was much, much different than the first. it did not hold as well and it was a lot softer in the tub, in the good batch you had to apply a bit of pressure to get a nice dollop of this stuff out, and with the bad my fingers just sunk right in. another odd thing i noticed is that there were bubbles visible in the second, where the first was completely clear.

I will use the rest of the good tub, but the second tub is no good for my purposes.

I would not recommend this because of the variation from tub to tub. Not cool. Not cool at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I have short, layered hair and I bought this pomade to define my layers and give my hair a piecey texture. The smell is decent. It's a citrusey smell that's very synthetic (almost rubbery?) and VERY strong. I got used to it quickly, but it's gonna be pretty hit or miss among others. The packaging is GREAT. It comes in a cute little orange and silver plastic jar that's pretty sturdy and REALLY cute. I always put it right in the middle of my bathroom counter instead of hiding it in a cabinet like I do with a lot of my products. It has a screw on lid that's fairly easy to get off, but might not be great for travel. The product itself is average. It gets the job done as far as layer defining goes, but the hold isn't strong enough to get my hair strands quite as defined as I'd like. It tends to lose a lot of it's definition towards the tips of my strands, even if I put extra on them. It also leaves my hair feeling pretty greasy, but it doesn't really appear that way, just feels like it.
Overall, it's not a bad product, but I won't be buying it again because Murray's has better definition and another oz of product for about a 3rd of the price. Got2B is worth a try if you're feeling adventurous, but I can't say I'd recommend it due to the price/quality ratio.

Edit: I started using this again today since my hair was feeling really dry and couldn't handle the frequent clarification that Murray's Required, and I must say, I'm actually pretty impressed. I think the reason I didn't like it at first was because I didn't quite know how to use it. When I used it today, rather than putting a giant glob in my hair, I opted for a dime sized amount. After flat ironing (Since I was trying to treat my hair healthier, I put my flat iron on 310 degrees. It didn't straighten my thick, ultra wavy hair, but it did give me a more subtle wavy effect that I actually didn't mind. Anyway.) I spread the pomade across my fingers and pinched my hair at the tips of each layer. The result was a more light, natural look that the big, ultra-defined chunks that I'd get with Murray's. It was also less sticky than Murray's, and shinier (Which is actually a downfall for me since I like my hair matte. My hair doesn't want to be matte though, even if I'm using matte waxes or clays. I guess it's kinda pointless to try at this point XC). I actually think I prefer this to Murray's. It leaves my hair touchable and doesn't leave any water resistant buildup that requires twice weekly clarification. Definitely giving this another lippie. Sorry for the criticism, Got2B!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 3:04:00 AM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good cheap styling product. Texturizes, shines & actually gives some lift to my short do. No greasies here in fact there is hardly any oil in this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beware the greasies with this product! If you have fine or thin hair, start with a very small amount and work up SLOWLY.

While this holds my hair well, it also flattens it a bit. So then I have to fluff it with my hands, which only adds to the greasiness.

Perhaps it's just a bit too heavy for my fine hair, or I just haven't found quite the right amount to apply yet.

It does hold better than the got2be Playful pomade, but it's a lot more greasy and less natural looking. I like the citrus smell, which goes away pretty quickly.

UPDATE 10/23/04 -- I've come to the conclusion that this is just too heavy for my hair. I can't get it right, so I'm going to ditch this and stick with the Playful pomade for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 3:16:00 AM More reviews by wildchildgrrl

This has got to be(haha,no pun intended) one of my fave styling products! I have thick,shoulder-grazing hair,that was recently razored to make it easier to style.And what product do I ultimately reach for?Got2b Defiant styling wax! The slick,slippery,wet texture works wonders when applying to hair for a piecy,bedhead look.I love all of the Got2b gels/molding muds/pomades and waxes.But the Defiant wax is probably my fave.The slight orange scent is pleasant.the translucent color is great-it doesnt show up in your hair like gels or muds tend to.This stuff also doesnt flake off and make you look like you have major dandruff problems.All in all,I recommend this product to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 1:19:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

love this pomade! just get a dab out of the pot and rub it between your hands and then smooth throuh hair. or-do like i do and scrunch your hair in your fists alternating between this great pomade and a spray gel. makes great waves. the smell is a little metally-orange, but it fades after a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This pomade is wonderful- it is non sticky, does not weigh my hair down, smells great and is cheap! I use it after my other styling products to take away the crunchy, hard feel. I have a lot of hair and I use quite a bit, but it does not build up on my hair. It smoothes my curly hair and makes it really shiny.
Best pomade I have used- will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Lexi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good wax, gives me a piecey look that I don't have to use a lot of product to achieve. will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 3:11:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Like another MUA member said, I really wanted to love this product. I really do love the tangerine scent, cute look and feel of this product, but the results aren't very impressive. My fine, straight hair is cut in an angled, piecey cut, and this product doesn't have enough hold or stickiness to be truly effective. Not only that, but it makes my hair look greasy if I try to apply a little more. I'm sticking with John Frieda's Sheer Blonde Styling Balm - about the same price, 10 times more effective.
Bottom line is, the only thing that is Defiant is this product - it just won't work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just use this on the ends of my layered bob to piece it out, and it does a nice job. I'd be careful about how much and where you use this. It can be heavy, so I think you'd look pretty greasy if you just ramdomly put it throughout your hair.