October 25, 2014 | 1249 users online

Styling Products - Lancome - Hair Sensation Beauty Style - Ultra-Light Styling Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by coqueleque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to browse the new perfumes at a department store in my area. I have long, fine, curly hair and the SA brought me over to the Lancome counter and asked if she could try a styling cream on my dry hair. That was fine with me. I couldn't tell much that night. The next morning I tried a small amount on my hair. I wasn't quite sure how much to use from the directions, so I went very little and should have used more. At that point, I wasn't too sure about it, and even thought I'd return it. A few days later I used a larger amount; probably the size of a quarter (heaped up a bit). I ran this though my hair and diffused and then air dried. I loved the result. Great hold; non-crunchy; scent is very neutral which is good, as it doesn't clash with perfume.
I've been using it every day since then and I do highly recommend it.

The price is a bit high for the size of the tube, but I think if you find a product that really works for you, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sales woman tried this on me tonight. I have a medium-length shag and straight hair which I curl up slightly with a flat iron. My hair was not just-washed and I'd run out of the house today without doing much to it. She rubbed this into her hands and ran her fingers through my hair. It looked much better and gave me a slightly tousled look (good for me). I'm giving this a '4' and tomorrow will try it after washing my hair; if I still like it, I'll come back and give it a '5'. It's supposed to "Define & Shine" with "weightless hold" which is good because my hair's so fine, it gets heavy and limp very easily with many products. I like that this is in a tube, too. The smell is sort of ordinary (they might improve that). UPDATE 07/05/04: I washed my hair today and ran quite a large amount through my hair before styling it. It's given me a lovely light hold and after running around all day shopping and going to the gym, my hair still looks full and lightly waved. The product did perform exactly as advertised. I'll buy this again when it runs out and I'm upping the rating to a '5'. Oh ... it smells nice on; not very strong (good).