September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Polishes - Lancome - Vernis Magnétic in Code Red

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by s2861

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love any nail polish by Lancome. I find paying the extra makes a real difference. The colors are great & they last forever! This is a lovely shade of red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2004 6:54:00 PM More reviews by digit

I *never* wore red nail polish until this color came along- ever. Not even on my toes. But this is the most perfect bright, yet fun, and not old-lady red you'll ever see! I feel so feminine wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect red (I suppose almost a neutral) which does look absolutely beautiful with a tan (mine's a self tan). 2 coats gave just the right coverage. The only reason I gave this a '4' is because to my experience, no other brand beats Dior's brush construction that gives perfect application. But Lancôme states that this has a bendable finish which will allow the nails to be flexible yet chip-resistance. If this turns out to be true, I will up my rating to a '5'. UPDATE 07/08/04: I'm leaving this as a high '4'. I applied the Blind Date color and it was not cracking (so it must be a flexible coat) BUT by day 3 the tips of my nails were wearing more than they should. I'd buy this again (and just got this Code Red) but it ought to last longer. Unless the Code Red lasts longer than it's sibling, Blind Date, I won't make this a '5'. But I do love these colors. UPDATE 07/18/04: Since my first trial, with Blind date, my polish has been lasting 5 days and going (with the Champagne, Code Red, and Tao O) so perhaps I was particularly "violent" to my nails that week when I first tried the Blind Date. I'm making all the line '5's now; the colors are magnificent, any time but especially with this summer's styles. I haven't been this enthused over nail polishes in a long time.