November 28, 2014 | 1024 users online

Masks - L'Occitane - Immortelle Cream Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ghalia11

This mask/cream is multitasking deep moisturizer soothing cleaning and the scent is amazing i recommend this cream to who lives in cold areas for in hot conditions a lighter cream may be moe effcient i always call it a cream for i dont use it as mask only too good to be wiped in 20 minutes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Spicyco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Watched a show and it was highly recommended by a celebrity so I rushed to L'Occitane and was given a skincare demonstration and I got home with this cream mask, samples and paid a little extra to purchase a travel size pack. I love how rich the cream is and easily spread on my face. It feels luxurious and the scent is the lovely golden immortelle flower, like a cup of brewed camomile tea. Left in on for 15 minutes and my skin has almost soaked the cream in, I tried to wipe the residue off with a tissue as instructed but I find it a bit hard to rub off so I rinsed the rest with some water. My skin feels fresh and plumped! Second time around - my cheeks were sensitive and red, after 15 minutes of treatment the redness almost disappeared and it felt comfortable and nourished. I left it on this time and didn't rub the residue nor wash it off, my skin looks revived the next day! I love this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by hannahonhoddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have just been to repurchase this cream and was told by the gal NOT to use this daily. I have been using this daily as a night cream for two years and it's my total go to night cream - I sometimes even use it in the day when my skin needs an extra drink. I have not found another cream that works as well. The smell is a bit strong for me, but the results are most def worth it. My skin just feels so lovely when I have put it on over my Vit A each evening, and I wake up to plump soft skin. Price point is a bit steep and I keep hoping I can find something similiar and more affordable, but no luck so far. Any suggestions???? I have combination skin that looks good for my age wrinkle wise, but am finding it's harder to keep up the hydration levels.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by ginasalsabila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm a 7th grader student in surabaya. when i first look at the packaging i thought it just gonna make my acne even worst! it does !. so i stop wearing it than, when i use lemon to cure my acne my skin got really dry especially in the cheek area i thought my skin would really need a nutrition isn't it? so i tried it again and it work! i still have acne but i just had like 2-3/month but it really made my scar go away!.
it make your face a little more sweaty i think but it's really good for countries that have winter. my country doesn't have winter and it is really freaking hot in my city!
and for the other young girls like me we should start take care&give nutrition to our skin i know you must be thinking that 12 year old girl skin is not acne prone or something but trust me my hormones is really freakin annoying i look like 16 years old or something!

cons: it cost more than my school for 1 semester (no joke!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I was skeptical at first to try the Immortelle Cream Masque, due to the fact that I have oily acne-prone skin. A while after purchasing the cream, I started an Accutane treatment, which has allowed me to see the effects of the masque on both oily and dehydrated skin.

When I first started using the cream, my skin was quite irritable. I used it exclusively at night and applied it as a cream (I did not want to waste product and wipe it off after only ten minutes). In the morning, I was expecting a greasier look, but in reality my skin was not as oily as I expected. After a couple nights of consecutive usage, I did not notice any new breakouts and my skin felt smoother, despite my consistent use of acne-fighting products such as scrubs with salicylic acid and retinol treatments. I decided to make this part of my permanent acne routine.

A while thereafter I began to take a generic form of Accutane for my acne, and despite the relatively low dose, my skin started to dry out and flake off rather quickly. All my other lotions did little to moisturize my skin and plump it up. My face was feeling rather tight and a bit uncomfortable. I decided to try to use the Immortelle Cream Masque more consistently and even under a sunscreen during the day time. The use of the masque did help my skin a lot, although alone it could not eliminate some of the stubborn dry patches on my face.

For everyone who suffers from chronically dry or irritated skin, I have found the holy grail combination of how to eliminate this condition- L'Occitane Immortelle Elixir in combination with the L'Occitane Immortelle Cream Masque. When I was at my wits' end, I applied some of the elixir to a clean face and layered the masque over it. Surprisingly, the masque, not the elixir which is basically a face oil, made my face look greasy. Overnight, however, my skin sucked up all of the moisture and when I woke up in the morning I had skin like a baby. It was unbelievable. No redness, no irritation, no new pimples, no skin flaking off. I will continue to use this combination until my treatment is finished and perhaps beyond that. I would highly recommend that combination to anyone with dry or mature skin. It truly works wonders.

One interesting note about this masque is that, although it moisturizes, it does not have a greasy texture. There is a bit of a mattifying effect, despite the shea butter content. In the morning, I apply a generous layer under the L'Occitane Brightening Ultraviolet Shield SPF 40. The moisturizer with sunscreen absorbs without a problem over the thick cream masque. I think it looks a lot heavier than it is. In the evening, I apply the masque over the Immortelle Elixir (no longer produced) for extra hydration. Again, it looks much greasier than it is. A final note on aesthetics: both the packaging and the fragrance of the immortelle flower are elegant and pleasing.

I highly recommend this product, especially since dollar for ounce it has the price range of a higher-end drugstore cream ($62 per 4.4 oz.).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as a night cream. I keep trying other creams that catch my attention, but I just keep returning to this. It is the only thing I've found that really helps with dry skin and leaves me looking glowing in the morning.

I think it has an herbal/grassy smell, which isn't bad. Also, you get quite a bit in the jar so the price isn't bad. I have even tried to not like it, which just won't happen. Definitely a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Mzunga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the worst dehydrated skin ever, and nothing ever seems to really sink in and work after a few hours. The only thing that used to work for me was a Sisley cream, that cost a fortune, also with shea butter.
Until I tried this, it's just amazing, disappears into the skin immediately, instead of leaving you with rough dry skin with an oily film on top, which is what most products do.
Truly amazing, quenching, and a third of the price of the other products. A miracle find for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: It is the HG product for my sensitive, dry skin with eczema. I have used many other hydrating face mask but nothing works quite like Immortelle Cream Mask. Under cold weather, my skin becomes flaky and every 2 weeks I have eczema. I put this on every day and it sooths my red bumpy rashes and gives nice hydration to my skin. I cannot imagine living without Immortelle Cream Mask as it is a mild medicine for my problematic skin. I remember in Korea it was snowing in April, and with all the snow hitting my face it was immeidately irritated. I went to the hotspring and put on Immortelle Cream Mask and all my friends saw how the itchy rashes disappeared gradually. Now in summer I still use it twice per week.

If you look at the price, you may frown but in fact the amount is enormous and a little goes a long way. I have used it every day in winter and after half a year the jar is still halfway filled.

Cons: There's a scent (something like honey) in this product and it might irritate the skin of some people, but not for me. I'd prefer the packaging to be a tube rather than the existing jar as it'd be more hygenic.

Texture: 5
Function: 5+
Application: 5
Packaging: 4
Price: 4
Overall: 4.6

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was advised that you can either leave on a thin layer as a night cream, or put it on thick as a mask. It didn't work for me as a night cream because it is far too rich for my combination skin. But I like it as a mask. The skin feels nicely plumped up after I leave it on for about 20 mins. It also washes off easily not like some other hydrating cream masks i've used. The only thing holding me back is the price. Yes it's a huge bottle that you probably could use forever but I'm not sure of the mask's efficacy if kept for too long. That's probably the only reason that will keep me from re-purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by graceyappy

Very decent mask with effective hydration properties. i slather this on after cleansing, and it sinks into the skin immediately. Very soothing, and skin reacts immediately. I usually rub the mask into my skin, and once its absorbed, i apply another layer on top. Like all immortelle range, it has a characteristic fragrance that can take some getting used to. But the mask is effective, and gives enough hydration. WOrth a try!