Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer

3.3

organic juices of pyrus malus (apple) juice, vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, punica granatum (pomegranate) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, organic botanical extracts of taraxacum officinale (dandelion) leaf, melissa offficinalis (lemon balm) leaf & salvia officinalis (sage) leaf, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), panthenol (vitamin B5), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic algae extract, organic cera alba (beeswax), ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), ethylhexyl (octyl) palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, sodium PCA, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, limonene, linalool, eugenol, citrus aurantium (sweet orange & petitgrain) & cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) pure essential oils

on 4/28/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this product upon the recommendation of a sales person at Whole Foods. I was pregnant at the time and I was looking for a safe, cruelty-free alternative to the Aveeno moisturizer I had been using.

The price is a bit steep, but a little bit of this lotion goes a VERY long way. With daily use, a tube could last almost six months. Even in Chicago winters this product provides enough moisture and I have not had any issues with the dry patches or seasonal flakiness I was accustomed to when using Aveeno. I can safely say this product has not caused any breakouts or other irritation.

The product I buy comes in a more traditional lotion tube; I'm not sure what the product pictured is.

on 2/8/2015 11:26:00 PM

This really didn't give me enough moisture. I do give credit for the healthier aspects of this product.

This soaks in and almost dries, leaving my face feeling not moisturized at all. If you are extremely oily, maybe you will like it. As for me, it just isn't the right formula for what I need.

on 8/12/2014 11:54:00 PM

I can see how people aren't crazy about this product. It had to grow on me, but I love it now. The biggest issue for me was the price - I tested the product multiple times in Ulta before actually shelling out the $30 to buy it. I have sensitive combination skin and I'm also quite ingredient-conscious (try to stay away from parabens and allergic to common SPF ingredients such as oxy/avobenzone-common sunscreen ingredients, etc), so this looked promising with it's natural ingredients. I wish this came in a pump, but the tube is necessary to knead and shake the product before applying it, since it can (apparently) separate in the tube. It smells like Froot Loops mixed with dust, but it fades pretty quickly once I put it on. The thing I really do not like about this product is the way it feels when I first put it on - very heavy and greasy. It's easy to use too much, so I do small dollops at a time on individual sections of my face. It feels gross, really. But I have not had any issue with breakouts AT ALL and the heavy feeling goes away. My natural reaction when I feel the heaviness on my face is to panic, due to so many awful past experiences with heavy moisturizers, but I just have to remind myself that there is no oil and my skin won't freak out. Sometimes I will dab my face with a tissue before putting on makeup, but it doesn't make a difference. I do recommend waiting a few minutes before putting makeup on. I've had zero problems with breakouts and my existing blemishes seem to heal faster. My face isn't dry, so it does moisturize, and I really appreciate that it does so without causing a ton of oil. It does have a bit of a sheen/glow to it, but it looks just fine on me (most dewy things make me look sweaty) and I've had no problems with sunburn at all and I wear this when I go jogging in the sun during the day. My favorite thing about this product is the safe, natural ingredients. But a very close second is the fact that my makeup looks FLAWLESS over it. It lasts so much longer! I'm a face-toucher, which probably contributes to my blemishes, but my makeup doesn't move at all, even when I've had my hands on my face. I love looking on the mirror hours later and seeing my makeup looking just as good as it did when I put it on (especially my contouring work). That quality erased any doubts I had left about the product. I would have given it 5 lippies, but I'm not crazy about the price (worth it and expected for the ingredients though) and it doesn't do anything to prevent blemishes. But I can definitely see myself repurchasing in the future, I really like this!

on 7/6/2014 9:44:00 PM

This is an okay moisturizer. I found it to be a little bit, not greasy, but kind of filmy. It left a sort of sheen on my face over the course of the day, which does not make sense to be because I often use heavier moisturizers on my face that leave an equal amount of sheen. I do not particularly like the feel of this on my face. I would probably not repurchase this. I much prefer Juice Beauty's Tinted Moisturizer.

on 6/29/2014 11:15:00 PM

This product felt quite heavy on my skin and it seemed to make my skin even oilier. After about a week i suddenly had pimples in areas that i never get them so i stopped it and they immediately settled down. Big dissapointment as i was hoping this would be my new natural moisturiser! wont be buying again...

on 2/4/2014 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE the Juice beauty oil free SPF 30 moisturizer! It is not heavy or greasy on my skin and gives me protection for under my powder. I have gone chemical free with all my products (I wash my face with honey and goatsmilk) and was needing something green with SPF so that I could protect myself daily. Most sunscreen products make me breakout in pimples, in a rash or make me really hot- this product does not! It goes on smooth, doesn't make me hot and sits nicely under my mineral makeup. It does not break me out with pimples or a rash. The only drawback to this is that is it so darn expensive at $29 a bottle. Esh! But I will keep buying it because it is a 1 on the ewg deep skin guide, has spf 30, doesn't make me break out and I am outside often and really need something for daily use. I am pleased to have found this product because I went for 2 years without daily SPF because my skin just couldn't take it! If they would onyl lower the price, I would be much happier!

on 9/17/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this immensely! Manages to keep my combo skin supple without making me oily which so many moisturizers do to me. This along with juices blemish clearing serum feel and make my skin look like it took a drink . My skin love them . I found it brightened and kept skin tone even. Will repurchase again and again

on 8/29/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this in the small trial packet with a few other products. Was looking for a alternative oil free moisturizer since my fav was discontinued.. I really wanted to like this..

I've got combination skin and am prone to acne around the summer time due to the sweat & heat - never fails, i break out. A little dose go a long way which is great cause this is kinda pricey. The product itself kinda "drips" out of the tube so if you miss it, you lose some. I didn't like that my skin had a "tacky" feel to it after I applied it. Took a little to "sink" in. I liked the after effect - didn't feel oily after a normal day. Not too much shine throughout the day. For me, the aftereffects weren't enough for me to give a higher rating. The "tackiness" was annoying because I felt I had to wait for it to soak in before applying so it just slowed me down. Might work better for a night time product but.. a bit pricey for that I think..

on 3/1/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have incredibly oily skin, and it is so hard to find a moisturizer for oily skin that contains good natural ingredients and actually helps with the oil. This does both. My skin does dry out a bit in winter so during the cold months I have to switch to something a bit more rich, but for spring, summer and fall, this is my holy grail of moisturizers.

on 2/3/2013 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using the juice beauty line for two weeks for blemish and acne prone skin. I noticed that the oil free moisturizer looks dry on my combination skin.I think I need extra moisturizing since I use sunscreen on my face everyday. I love the juice beauty products I don't think I will purchase the moisturizer.

Popular Moisturizers