August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Bronzers - Prescriptives - Bronzer & Shimmery Face Powder in "Sunlight"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd been hunting for a not-matte but not-really-shimmery bronzer, preferably powder and oil-free. I was willing to pay for it too and had been prowling Sephora with no luck...then I discovered this at Walgreens for about $10! What a delight to find the exact product you need for a great price. This stuff is a really nice color, a natural bronze on my medium, faintly olive skin. (Looks really good with my NARS blush in Deep Throat!) It has some shimmer - you can see it in sunlight but it is not glittery. Personally I don't like bronzers that are totally matte, but I also don't like total shimmer all over my face, and this is perfectly in the middle. I just use a big brush to dust it all over my face, and ten seconds later I am delightfully bronzed! It's oil-free too, which I loooooove. Great stuff - and Walgreens often has Physician's Formula at 40% off, so if you catch that sale this is a hell of a steal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 1:23:00 AM More reviews by dior_duchess

I bought this product as a possible last-minute substitute for my used-up MAC bronzer (I have a party tomorrow, so I need something fast!) and I have to say, I'm fairly pleased. Not only does the color match/highlight my tan skin tone, but it also avoids that whole "cakey" look, which I've had trouble with. The sun in the middle is too cute, and creates a golden shimmer. My only prob. is that it requires a bit of effort to get enough powder onto the brush. But, for the price, who can complain? Will buy again!

Just for a quick update-- Within two weeks of using this, it totally broke me out. I hate this-- HATE IT!!!! I couldn't look at it without wanting to cry, so I threw it away. PLEASE do not purchase this. continued >>