October 22, 2014 | 1427 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Facial Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the small face brush. Initially I liked the size as it was convenient for traveling, but it soon became a real nightmare to have on my counter - you just have to put it down the wrong way and it will find its way to the floor. The bristles weren't as soft as the previous face brushes I've had. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product unless you travel a lot and just need a cheap face brush to put in your bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this a week ago and so far I can feel a difference, after I use it I can see my pores open and breath

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by stellulah

I just bought this and so this is an initial impressions review. I love the small size which makes it perfect for travel!! from one use it seems to be doing its job. it did seem a little rough but it's an exfoliating brush so that's understandable. just be careful if your skin is really sensitive. it's more sanitary using this brush than your hands for cleanser. Will update when I've used it for a bit longer(:

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this brush. I have the one with the smaller handle that fits in your hand. The only thing I can think of comparing this brush to is my suede shoe cleaning brush (very rough). This is not a soft brush! I wish they had a tester available for this at the store. Since it was only $3, I figured I'd give it a shot. I first used my regular scrub using my hands only, then after rinsing, put a dime size drop of a cleanser on the brush and started cleaning in circular motions (very gently). Holy cow - it was so uncomfortable! After I was done, I noticed a lot of makeup came off on the brush. I always thought my scrub did a good enough job, but I guess not! So, this brush is good at removing makeup. After rinsing, my skin felt smoother and softer. The packaging is also convenient and hygienic. I really wish I could incorporate this brush into my everyday skincare routine, but there is no way this brush can qualify as a face brush. If you have active acne or are very prone to breakouts, stay away! The bristles on this brush are way too hard and rough. The only time I can see myself using this is to thoroughly remove heavy makeup, or maybe once a week in the humid summer days to exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by swiftie13

I love using this facial brush! i recently (Maybe a month ago?) started using this with the body shop tea tree oil face wash and it works wonders for my skin! I like the size of the brush now because it gives a lot more control than the bigger ones :P I have much clearer skin now too (Even that time of the month!) and would DEFINITELY recommend it (At least try! its dirt cheap, no pun intended :] ) and buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a must have part of my facial cleansing routine. Great for travels and saves so much money on facial wash. My skin is so much softer and my pores are much smaller. The brush is amazing and has really helped control my oily skin and breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product to exfoliate my skin about twice a week. I used to use this product everyday in conjunction with my cleanser but I noticed that using it everyday actually created red bumps in my skin because I was over-exfoliating. For $3, this product is a cheap alternative to adding another exfoliating product to an existing regimen but be mindful not to over-exfoliate. Also, remember to allow the brush to completely dry before putting the plastic cap back on to prevent bacteria growth and replace every 2-3 months (depending on frequency of usage).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by jessicaflox

I've just started using this recently and really like it. I use it with my face wash, which only foams mildly, and this makes it foam more. Seems much more thorough than fingers alone. It seems to be helping clear pores, but I've made a few other changes at the same time, so I don't know if it's one thing or all the changes together. I will clean it with methylated spirits to make sure it doesn't grow bacteria. I would have liked if it came with holes in the lid to let it drain. I'll be interested to see if the metal clips that hold the bristles in rust quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by malleat1

I gave up on body shop brushes after they've changed the design to a smaller one! I didn't like the bristles, I actually found it softer than the previous design! But it is hard to grab now, especially if you've got soap in your hands!!

I stopped buying it completely, and would only buy the ones that come with a handle.

For Ladies with Acne:
Its useful for the face, I have acne prone skin, and since I started using facial brushes I now only have few every here and then, my main problem was that my pores were getting blocked with dirt and dead skin, and since I've been exfoliating every day gently, I get a lot less, and marks fade out VERY quickly! Try it and be patient, you'll get used to it eventually.... my advice, don't listen to those that say its bad for those who have acne, try it and decide for yourself. Just don't be too harsh on your skin! Be very gentle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

It's a brush... I guess it is an OK brush and it's cheap (4). You can't get too excited about the routine, because it's easy to over do it (the skin gets to dry and flakes, and I have oily skin). You have to be extremely diligent about cleaning it after using, or microorganisms will grow on it and colonize your face the next day (lol, true story!).
I preferred a tiny toothbrush I had (those for electric toothbrushes), since it was easier to get to problem areas, like the nose, without over exfoliating the surrounding area... (but I lost it and didn't get around to finding another).
Wouldn't buy again for the sole reason that I don't find it pratical and a toothbrush would do the same.
(I now find chemical exfoliation more effective and easy)