September 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Occitane - Amande Delicious Paste

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Saskia21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love anything almond scented and this has a really lovely fragrance.

Its a nice creamy scrub,good for people with dry skin,it leaves the skin incredibly smooth,best for legs in my opinion,I wouldn't use as a hand scrub again,it left them a little dry.
Yes it's expensive but so is everything by L'occitane,so no surprise there.

A word of warning,don't use this after a manicure as it takes your nail polish straight off!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Noonie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Well. I've bought the gift set of the almond collection
I liked it because my body skin is dry especially in winter
This scrub is good but not for my body its small and difficult to rub
But it works amazing with my hands
I apply it on my handq and i rub rub rub rub rub then i wash them then i use the almond hands cream
And yes it has a LOVELY smell ♡

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I would actually give this product a 3.5. It's not the best, but it's far from the worst exfoliator. The nicest part about this scrub is the creamy texture, which is excellent if you are exfoliating during the winter months. The smell is very nice and the product does not irritate my skin. I do not think there are enough exfoliating beads in the mixture, however, to make it as useful as it could be. Additionally, the product is expensive as compared to other products that are more affordable. Overall though, it is a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe L'occitane renewed the ingredients for this product, the ingredients listed below by another reviewer is not the same as the ingredients listed on the jar I bought just a few weeks ago (and I checked Amazon.com, the ingredients listed there for this product are the same as mine), I am going to post the ingredient list here first, just so we all know that there's no paraben in this thing :)
Ingredients
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Kaolin*, Sucrose*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Octyldodeceth-25 , Laureth-3*, Silica*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder*, Fragrance- Mica*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract*, Quartz*, Titanium Dioxide*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Tocopherol*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Limonene, Coumarin*, Linalool*.
*Natural Origin Ingredients

If you use this wisely, it can easily be the best facial scrub out there (Yeah, I know it's marketed as a body scrub), and by using it wisely I mean 1. Don't use it on your face too often. 2. Don't rub it against your facial skin too harshly, be gentle. It's got a lot of stuff I love in the ingredient list, shea butter to boost your skin's hydration level? Check. Sweet almond oil and extract to sooth your skin? Check. Sunflower seed oil and grape seed oil to nourish your skin without clogging your pores? Check. Crushed sugar and almond shell to really exfoliate without irritating your skin? Check! (Believe it or not, whether you crush the sugar or not makes a huge difference)

It's got a really nice smell, and if you use it on your face alone, it really isn't expensive at all. The big glass jar is indeed heavy and slippery, but it's not a big problem for me, for the result it gives, I am willing to put up with even more inconvenience, and I actually really like the plastic thingy on top of the product once you open the jar, it's practical to use.

Did I mention how natural this product is? Well, by now you know I am in love, don't you?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I really like this product. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin while leaving it super soft and moisturized. You actually don't need body lotion after using this. However, it has two major downfalls that cause me to not buying this product again: 1) the smell, despite being pleasant, is overpowering 2) the packaging is bulky, very heavy and not suited for under-the-shower use (when wet it becomes slippery and can easily fall out of your hands resulting in injuries/broken jar etc.). The glass jar is pretty on my bathroom shelves, though.
It's also quite expensive, sadly I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best scrub I have ever used. Smells amazing, super thick and lasts forever! My skin was softer after one use and every time I use it I get reminded why its so great. Very nice granules that get the job done but aren't harsh combined with a super moisturizing paste. THE BEST!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

I wanted to love this, but i don't.Its overpriced, the smell isn't great.As a scrub its just sufficient, plenty of better scrubs out there. The only positive thing if I have to mention something nice is that some might find that you wouldnt need a moisturiser/lotion after using the scrub. The scrub leaves a layer of moisturised film,feels almost like oil.Another bonus is that, I scooped the scrub in the jar with my wet fingers and the paste does not just absorb the water and retain in like other scrubs do in their jars. In that respect, the scrubs is excellent for staying true to original form as when you first opened the jar. Not what I was looking for, but each to its own!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got myself a little sample of this when I brought the hand cream. This little jar actually lasts me months.

First of all, this smell of this scrub is wonderful. It is very sweet and smell just a almond. Its name describes the product itself perfectly, it is almondly, delicious, and it is a paste. It has a more gel like texture and it is not creamy. It feels very light yet, a little goes a long way. The size of the particle I would say, is on the medium size compare to a lot of the scrubs I have tried.

The only CON I have with this product is that, it is super expensive. Well I think L'Occitane is overcharging people for all their products anyway. If you have read their company report you know their profit margin is ridiculously huge. It is a good scrub, but it does not do more than St Ives which cost 1/10 of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree the heavy glass jar is inconvenient, but the product itself is wonderful. I actually prefer this to Fresh's Brown Sugar Scrub because I don't need to use as much and it feels less sharp against my skin. The granules consist of a mix of fine sugar crystals and ground up almond shells in an oil+clay base. Consistency starts off thick like spackle from the kaolin clay, so the product grips onto the skin and doesn't slide off like most cream or oil based scrubs. As you rub the product in, it emulsifies to an oil and transforms to a milk when rinsed. L'Occitane makes one of the best almond scents - it's more fresh than medicinal because of the apple-like fruit notes. And it really perfumes the skin as well as the bathroom space with the vapors that are released.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Scent
Texture
Result

Cons:
Packaging

Conclusion:
This is the most delicious body scrub I have ever used. It melts on to your skin and rinses off like a milk, just like the Shower Oil. The scent of the Amande products is what has me coming back, but they do also deliver soft, smooth skin! The price is steep, but it does last quite awhile since the product spreads really well and the grains don't melt while your buffing the skin. I wish they included a scoop with the scrub, I was lucky that I had the scoop that came with the L'occitane orange body scrub. The only thing that drives me crazy is that the Amande Milk + Paste come in these heavy glass jars. They look great, but the thought of breaking the jar in the shower is always going through my head. They might want to go back to the drawing board on that one.