August 21, 2014 | 1184 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish - Iced Mauve #250

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There is not one thing about this polish that is mauve. Not even freaking close. Mauve is a dusty pinky, purple, this is a peachy, sandy nude closer to iced adobe if anything.
That being said, its a very nice color, my favorite nude!
It does go on a bit sheer, so you have to use about three coats. It DOES dry rather quickly. Throw on a coat of SV and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by beautiful84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just picked this up on sale on a whim. I LOVE IT! It's the perfect nude shade for me. I'm on the darker shade of Asian with yellow undertones and this colour is perfect for my skin. It's so simple and understated, I love it. It might be discontinued in AUS though so I might have to do a search around and stock up on this nail polish, I can see it being my 'go to' shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at Dollar Tree where everything is $1. I almost skipped this because the shade looked frosty. After shaking the bottle it still looked frosty but I purchased anyway.

I would describe this as a neutral shade. On me, this looks slighting peachy. I don't see any brown and oddly enough no frost, however, there is a beautiful pearl like finish. This shade is beautiful. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so some neutrals are hard for me to wear because it sucks the life out of the skin around it. This is a nice, any or everyday option. I think it will become one of my favorite shades!

This dries fast, covers well after 2 coats (but I used three), and applied smooth. I am not sure how old these are or why they are in Dollar Tree but this polish is comparable to Essie and OPI. I used Seche Vite top coat to speed up the dry time and lock in the color. Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I generally love my Sinful Colors nail polish, the product line is lacking a true "nude" shade that is neither frosty-pale nor darker than my skin tone. A while back, Cover Girl made this perfect nude color called "In the Buff"-- of course they discontinued it. I'd been searching high and low for a drugstore replacement, and I found it in Iced Mauve! As a bonus, it comes in the Express Finish formula that dries extremely quickly and covers well in 2 coats!

Despite the name, which suggests some sort of frosty lilac, this is actually a sophisticated warm beige-pink that looks like my nails but better (I'm a warm-toned PPP redhead). It just makes my hands look pretty and polished without being obviously "nail polish." Matches my skin tone perfectly. There is a slight shimmer but it's definitely not a frost or perle shade.

As pedestrian as I've made this shade sound, I actually haven't found a dupe in any other product line. The nudes are always too frosty or too deep or too pale. This one is perfect! Note: the fast-drying formula isn't as shiny as some; you do need a topcoat for shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The previous reviewer described this color nicely as a nude-ish dusty pink. Maybelline considers it part of the "brown" color family. I am a warm ppp, and bright or pastel pinks don't always look good on me. But this color is so pretty. The "iced" shine isn't frosted and doesn't have that pearly finish which can look dated. It is a single color with a nice, elegant shine. I really love this pink. The polish formula is pretty good, goes on smoothly and dries fast. It chips faster than some of the thicker formulas, but not bad. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by daylightwilight

This is the very first nailcolor that I have ever loved : )
From the name and the bottle one would think it was a boring, bland, blah color but really it's a gorgeous, simple staple that goes with just about everything.
Iced Mauve is a slightly pearly medium dusty pink nude that is basic on hands and gorgeous on toes and overall perfect on my PPP cool toned skin.
It lasts a really long time on my toes and dries as fast as the bottle says: "EXPRESS FINISH'!
I love this polish and will continue to repurchase as long as it is made...it's so perfect on my toes and has turned me on to nailpolish in general! love it!