August 22, 2014 | 1180 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Body-Boosting Shampoo with Organic Jojoba Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by ALE515

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently found out that I'm allergic to Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) or anything close to that. I mean, once this ingredient would touch my skin, it was like bathing in acid. So I immediately searched for products without it. I found out that 100% all natural items, still had this chemical in it, so it's not exactly natural if you ask me. But Desert Essence has proven to be 100% all natural.

This shampoo doesn't lather (No SLS in it to make it lather) but you won't miss it. It's very liquidy but this stuff is amazing. Because it doesn't lather, it doesn't strip away at the hair. It doesn't have sulfates or detergents in it that are harsh on the hair. This shampoo leaves the hairs natural oils in it and doesn't cause dryness, colorfade, or dullness. This gently cleanses and moisturizes. It's hard to explain, but the moment you put this stuff in your hair, it immediately feels fuller. It's amazing and I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by twirlygurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this shampoo! And it's super volumizing for my hair. I get mega waves out of my thick, coarse Asian hair with this stuff. Only downside is that while it initially lathers up really nicely, the lather does a weird disappearing act immediately after that. It feels like there's no shampoo at all anymore after you first lather up. Nonetheless, it gets my hair and scalp nice and clean without stripping it, gives my locks major body, and it smells awesome so I'll keep buying this for now.
Update (7/8/2010): I think my hair acclimated to this shampoo and now it lathers up beautifully without disappearing. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by PolkadotRobot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is some of the best stuff for my hair I've been able to find. It doesn't feel like im putting an industrial cleaner on my scalp! Very gently and easy on the skin. It's really my favorite shampoo right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an early review - so I will update if I change my mind! But so far I am loving this shampoo. It's pretty volumisimg, but leaves my hair soft and shiny, with no build up. I also love the scent of rosemary and lavender. Plus its very good value for money - UPDATE Well I am taking a point away, I really love the results that this shampoo gives in terms of volume and softness, however I find that I have to give my hair two shampoos to get my hair clean, which I have never had to do in the past with other shampoos, and also my hair seems to get dirtier faster than usual - but I have no idea why!?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2004 4:09:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Desert Essence's Jojoba Oil so I picked DE's Body-Boosting Shampoo up when I was out stocking up on its Jojoba Oil. This shampoo does what it promises to do, and that is, to boost the volume of your hair. I didn't like this shampoo though, because it is rather drying on my scalp. I'm a psoriasis-sufferer (scalp), and this shampoo aggravated my condition big-time. I'll highly recommend this to anyone who wants a volume-boosting shampoo though, because it really does just that!

Other comments