August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - ColorStay Stay Natural Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ataylor1326

This product is amazing! It gives the look of a fresh face and having almost no makeup on! It matiffies perfectly and blends with my skin tone perfectly. I goes on super light feeling fresh and light all day. I could not believe that a pressed powder stayed like this all day. Just watchout and dont put too much on. When too much is put on it can easily rub off on clothing, Thats one of the cons to this makeup. It also can make you look like a ghost if too much is applies. But, we're all big girls and know when 'Enough is Enough'. I give this product a double thumbs up!
Questions and comments welcome :)
-Alexis Taylor

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

It is an okay powder for me. It can build up to a good coverage but look caky, so I use it as setting powder. It definitely make my face less oily but not outstanding...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HATED THIS. This broke me out like crazy and barely gave me any coverage. The worst part is that my face would get so oily with this powder that a few hours later it looked like i had sweat stuck to my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ignoring the fact that every now and again my cheeks turns a bit red after using this, it's good on top of my oil based foundations so that my skin doesn't look too shiny. Unfortunately, I'm using what I think is the lightest colour and it's still rather obvious on me, both colour -wise and texture wise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

First and foremost, this has very impressive oil control. I have put a lot of powders to their graves because they failed to control my uncontrollable oily skin but this, however, defied all odds.

Second, it lasts for long time. I find that I repowder my face every 4-5 hours with this powder on as opposed to my usual 2-3 hours with other drugstore brands.

Thirdly it "degrades" well...in other words, it doesn't do that thing that most powders do; where it makes your foundation look nice for the first 20 minutes and then turns clumpy & cakey mess after 1 hr. It MAINTAINS A "JUST-APPLIED" LOOK for a long period of time; good degradation (is that the right phrase to use? "Keeps FRESH for long" maybe?)
Absolute superstar & absolutely impressed.

I have one problem with this that would prevent me from buying this a second time: the finish. It's a blatant "I'm wearing makeup!" look. It's a powdery & slightly chalky finish that will disagree with all folks who only want to have natural-looking makeup. If you want that no-makeup look (natural, glowy, barely-there), this is not the go-to powder.

I love the oil control this gives but if I ever come across one that provided a better finish but with similarly good oil control & "degradation", I'd have no hesitations leaving this one forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by purestfeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a huge no-no for anyone who is reactive to bismuth oxychloride. If you have no skin allergy issues, then I highly recommend this! It has just enough coverage that it can be worn alone to even out redness and slight skin imperfections, but it's not so cakey or thick that it looks poor over liquid foundation.

I would use this every day if I was able to but alas, I am highly reactive to bismuth. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

i feel the powder is not finely milled, it doesn't help with the oilyness on my face. it will still be cakey and runny when i'm sweating, although the application is light. this is the only Revlon product that i'm disappointed...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by peachblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my fave drugstore face powder. Every time I'm in need of a cheaper powder to set my foundation, control my oil, and give me a little bit more coverage I just run in and get this sucker. I'm in love with my ELDW matte powder but I can't always dish out the 30(?) bucks for it when I run out... so to me this is the next best thing. I'm in medium in the winter and medium deep in summer... :)

EDIT: So, either I'm just either not paying attention when I'm going to the drugstore but I can't find these anymore? lol. I don't know if they were discontinued or re-packaged but I was just glancing in the Revlon section because I lost my EL powder and they're not there anymore?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder to go on top of my Revlon COlorstay foundation as a setting powder. When I used the puff that comes in it it gave me too much powder! This stuff is so chalky to me. And when I use a brush I have to use a light hand. Once it is on my face it feels like it isnt adhereing to the foundation, like its a seperate layer. It transfers sooooooo bad. I kissed my husband after appying a light dusting of this powder and it was all over his upper lip and chin!! I do like the packaging, but because of the color selectionand chalkiness and transfer I will not be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot! It keeps me shine free and looks really natural. I don't use the puff that comes with it; instead I use a blush brush because it looks more natural and it doesn't look caked on like if I had used the origional puff.