October 2, 2014 | 1673 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes - Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I used this a lot when I was a little younger. I loved to have a reverse liner look at times by using a pale color around my eyes. I'd apply this over a cream es in a light shade as well, more at the tear duct, then fade this towards a darker shade in the crease. The effect was lovely and really made my lashes stand out against the light, shimmery, back drop.
I liked it a lot and used it for the brightening effect.

I don't wear mascara all the time as I used to, due to dry eye issues, and so would not wear this alone. It's pretty, bright, and inexpensive, long lasting too. If you buy a white es that's still being made in its original formula which is to say not recent, shimmery shades like these will be frost-ier.It's a product of a certain era but in all areas makeup artists have used whites for a brightening effect. If you need a white with very subtle shimmer for highlight, look for one with a recent formulation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty satin eyeshadow! Its white with some shimmer (not glittery). Its very pretty to wear over the lid and under the brow. I also really like how pigmented this is, I just use my finger to swipe it over my eyes, throw on some mascara/eyeliner and im good to go for my every day look. I was almost going to pick up MAC Avalanche but decided to try this first instead and Im glad I did because its so much cheaper!

Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find the quality of this eye shadow to be very good, especially for a drugstore brand. The color is a soft white and it's very pretty.The only issue I have with it is how frosty it is. I was looking for an under brow highlight shadow with a little shimmer, and this one packs more shimmer than I expected. I have to apply it carefully, but other than that, it serves its purpose well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Skyzeri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really awesome highlighter. It lasts well with a primer and even as an eyeshadow it works nicely. It doesn't really crease, and it has good staying power. It's just great to have around!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Bellalove403

I use this as a highlighter when I highlight and contour and it's PERFECT. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Vanilla is a White satin eye shadow.It goes under my eye brows,when i do a purple,pink,mauve,plum smokey eyes.it goes really well on the application,it last fairly long,it brings just enought light to the look! love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know a lot of people have said they did not like this eyeshadow, but it's my go to and a favorite of mine that I use for my everyday look. I do think this eyeshadow is not for everyone- I would recommend it more for pale skinned girls like myself. I use this for both highlighting and as an overall eyeshadow for a nice, clean, wide awake and fresh look. It is a bit shimmery, but I like that (it's not as shimmery as my old eyeshadow from CG, "Snow Blossom", which in the end I disliked anyway). It's light, somewhat sheer (but can be layered), and it doesn't flake or crumble on me. I love using it in the corners of my eyes and around my dark circles as it hides them nicely. I did find that when I used this shadow with a primer, it is crease proof. However, when used without one, it will crease. I found this was easily fixed by either A) applying a thin layer over it again, or B) rubbing it smooth with a fingertip for a soft look. Either way, I actually really like this eyeshadow, both as a highlighter and eyeshadow. Recommended for pale/fair skinned girls.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I originally bought Earthly Taupe ages ago. I depotted all my shadows 'cause I hate packaging. I had it in a tin for ages before I realized it's one of the few I use a lot. It has a lot of pigment and lasts all day over eyeshadow primer. I was wanting other colors to wear and went back to Maybelline. I picked this up for an under the brow & in the corners shadow. It works perfect for that! I like how it looks and it seems to wear well (doesn't get cakey). Why there are negative reviews on this, I don't know. I do have to say I have the new ones (my number on it is 10S vanilla) and they're in the black packaging not the blue. So I'm not sure if that changes the formula or not.

4/14/14 update: I now use Wet N Wild Brulee. This product can be a bit chalky and has problems with color pay off. It's still a great eyeshadow for people starting off with makeup. All the Maybelline eyeshadows are.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sc2944

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not really sure why there's so many bad reviews on this... Maybe it's because it's listed as an eyeshadow. I bought this to use as a cheap version of a highlighter, just to try it out and it worked great. I haven't used it in the inner corners of my eyes like everyone else, but I do use it on my brow bone, on my dark circles under my eyes, and I put a little bit over my cheekbones and sides of my nose. It lasts as long as I wear my makeup, just don't use it as an eyeshadow and you'll be fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I was looking for a good tear duct shadow and this is what i came across at the drugstore cause i didnt wanna spend anymore of my money this month on mac products since i pretty much bought the entire to the beach collection and pre-ordered a digipops dazzle glass. So i took this home and put it on and it was exactly what i was looking for. Unfortunately the staying power is not all too great but for a drugstore product it's got a nice fine shimmer. I most likely wont buy it again cause i won't be able to go through this quickly cause lets be honest.. how fast can you go through a pan of eyeshadow using it only for your tear duct? yeah...