April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Shampoo - Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Alibear8

I'm a sucker for beauty products in cute/stylish/modern packaging, and I was looking forward to trying a shampoo without sulfates, because supposedly it's supposed to be better for your hair. Well this shampoo was AWFUL. The bottle is adorable, and i love the little twist-up cap. It smelled great too.
However, I'm not sure if it was the lack of sulfates or what, but this stuff would NOT lather. I tried this shampoo at least 15 times, hoping it would eventually start working on my hair. But every time I used it, I'd have to use more than 4 or 5 handfuls of the shampoo to even get a decent lather. And I still felt like it wasn't cleaning my hair. If it's possible, it actually felt like it dried out my hair AND left build-up on it at the same time, which is just gross. Halfway through rinsing I couldn't even get the tangles out of my hair. And after my shower when it was time to blowdry my hair, I was SO tempted to just grab another shampoo and go re-wash my hair in the sink.
I was totally disappointed by this stuff, it was terrible. I would never buy it again. I wouldn't even use it if someone gave me a free bottle of it. Uggh.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kdcs28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked how this made my hair look, but something in it made my scalp hurt!! It was itchy and actually painful. Maybe the oils? Not sure, but I can't use this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by acid_tongue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in combination with the conditioning milk and it makes my hair soft, silky, and cleaner than anything else I've tried. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hot_mama

Like others have said, this made my hair dry and tangly. Also, I generally love lemon scents, but this one just smelled "harsh" to me. So much so that even if I loved how it worked, I probably still wouldn't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Scentience

I like and have been using Pureology shampoo but was pleased to learn of a very reasonably priced shampoo without sulfates. This leaves my curly hair soft and shiny. Unlike some posters, though, I might buy it even if it didn't. I love the smell that much. To me, it's a light, fresh lemony scent, like my image of a Mediterranean lemon grove, that bears no relationship whatsoever to Lemon Pledge. Since my city lacks a Walgreen's, I was glad to read that this is also available at Target. I intend to keep using this, probably along with the Pureology, because I love both.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard a lot of ppl say this dries their hair out, but I haven't had that experience. I've only used it once, though. I usually use shampoos w/sodium laureth sulfate, but tend to have a sensitive scalp. I've heard sulfates can exacerbate the problem. So I was excited to learn I could buy sulfate-free shampoo at Walgreens (and made by Jessica Simpson's stylest no less). So I used it this morning. In the shower after I rinsed the shampoo out my hair felt a little more stripped than usual - of course that could just be CLEAN. Supposedly this shampoo is safe for color-treated hair, which I have. After conditioning and styling, my hair feels really soft and bouncy. Plus it's really shiny! So far I'm pretty impressed. I took off one lippie only because I don't notice anything extremely fabulous about it at this point. No itchy scalp so far, though! Plus, the day is almost over and I can still run my fingers through my hair and I haven't brushed since this morning! Usually my fingers get caught in little tangles at the ends by this point in the day from my hair drying out. It's gotta be the shampoo because I didn't change anything else in my hair routine except this. UPDATE: I've been using this for over a week now and I think it's my new HG! I added the fifth lippie. My hair has never felt better. My itchy scalp is completely gone. Before it would itch and I would get little flakes here and there. I guess it was just dry scalp. This shampoo is SO much better for my scalp and my hair is so soft and clean and static-free! This stuff is great. I will definitely repurchase! ANOTHER UPDATE: OK I stopped using this because my hair started to get VERY dry all of the sudden. About a week ago I stopped using it just to see if it was the shampoo. Uh-huh... my hair is silky again, but it took a few days of new shampoo and my normal conditioner. I'm sure this might be too drying because my hair always felt stripped before I conditioned. It just took a while to completely dry my hair out, I guess! Plus, my color faded more than usual and now looks a little brassy. I had to take off a few lippies!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is horrible! I bought it based on all the terrific reviews here. For the first two days, my hair wasn't very clean, and then it was like my hair got used to it and became extremely shiny and bouncy. This only lasted for about a week and a half. Then it started to become gross again. I could barely run my hands through my hair in the shower. I thought that maybe my hiar wasn't getting clean enough because I go to the gym and sweat a lot, so I started using a clarifying shampoo once a week. This still didn't help so I went back to just using the Paves thinking that my hair needed to get used to it again just like the first time I startedu sing it. Nope! It stayed disgusting. This was a TWO month experiment I conducted so my verdict is- this is awesome at first but there's no way you could finish a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by nico_rose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this shampoo! It comes in a 13.5 oz blue bottle that is very generous for the price. (The packaging actually looks really highend in your shower.) I love the smell and it always leaves my hair very clean and soft with out stripping. For those of you who are lather freaks this shampoo may seem like its not cleaning at first-as it is not a high lathering shampoo-I assure you it is! Simply use about a quarter size amount and add more water as you are massaging it in. This product is available at ULTA, Target and Walgreens(who often has buy one get one free sales!). I paid about $6USD, I use it with the conditioning milk and the shine serum-my HG combo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo is a god send! Iím on my second bottle and will definitely buy again. Gentile enough to use everyday but provides a thorough enough cleansing to keep buildup and oil away. I can confidently shampoo my hair every other day now without worrying about an oily looking mess. I use about a nickle to quarter size amount and massage into the roots of my hair. I like to work at making this into a lather, which is a little more challenging than with a shampoo with sulfates, but you can do it. I follow with a moisturizing conditioner and leave a bit in the ends. The price is nice...around $5-$6 for 13.5 fl. Oz. and the entire line is becoming more available as time goes on, however, I can still only find it at Walgreens. My only complaint is the scent. While itís not bad, itís not attractive...I agree w/a below reviewer when she said itís a mild lemon-pine-sol scent. However, I love this shampoo so much I can only deduct a half lipstick for this flaw. Minor: the packaging could be more attractive, maybe a solid pearly color instead of the ugly royal blue bottle and brown top.

INGREDIENTS:

Water Aqua, Octyl Isononanoate, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, PVP/VA, VP/Vinylcaprolactam/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera Oil Coconut, Steareth-2, Steareth-20, Laneth-15, PPG-2-Ceteareth-9, Mineral Oil Paraffinum Liquidum, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Shea, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxan, Buxus Chinensis Oil Jojoba, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Arginine, Acetyl Tyrosine, Arctium Malus Root Extract Burdock, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polyquaternium-11, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Gluconate, Niacinamide, Ornithine HCL, Citrulline, Glucosamine HCL, Biotin, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil Lavender, Aurantium Dulcis Oil Orange, Benzophenone-3, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Carmelized Maltose, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Clementina Oil Clementine

ABOUT MY HAIR:

I have type 2a-2b wavy hair that is corse and damaged. Itís dry, fine, and thick and I keep it a couple inches around my bra strap or so. Sulfates KILL my scalp, absolute murder, bloody scales, flakes the whole nine yards. Years after suffering from this, Iíve realized itís the insanely harsh sulfates in my shampoo. However, my hair really gets along with silicones, so Iíve been looking for a sulfate free shampoo with Ďcones in it (after attempting co-washing for about a month, Iíve found it just doesnít work for me and Ďcones are my friends). This shampoo has been amazing for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mnpmoseley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this Shampoo. My sister in-law and I came across this in walgreens. It doesn't lather well, but that is the reason why it doesn't strip your hair. My Sister IL is a stylest at a high end salon and has started using this on her clients. The other stylest thought she was crazy, until clients have come back asking for it. This is the exact same stuff Ken Paves uses on Jessica Simpsons hair. I can't imagine anyone thinking that this is too dry, my hair was super dry due to overpros. This actually made it tons healthier. I have used many exp. hair products. I now use everything in this line and have been for about 6 months now.