November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Gels/Soaps - Weleda - Calendula Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up after trying Weleda's Calendula body lotion. I've been using it in the shower, and it doesn't dry out my dry and sensitive skin. Even though there are loads of shower creams and such which are good, I really like soap! So I am pleased with this one. Although I sometimes purchase quite expensive beauty products, the price of this soap annoys me slightly. It feels like its ever so slightly too much for what it is, so one lippie off. I'll still re-purchase though.

A review below states it contains SLS. It does not. Here is the list of ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Olivate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Malt Extract, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Stearate, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love like soap. I find it very gentle. I use it from time to time on my face. Lathers nicely, and I feel combined with my face brush it cleans really well. REALLY burns if you get it in your eyes, so i'd especially be really careful if you're planning to use it on a baby. I use it when my skin feels dry. I feel sort of neutral about this soap. I like it, but I don't think it's all that amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: cleanses well without stripping all of the oils of the skin, lightly scented, rinses off very well, can be used for body and hair (i'm speaking of babies of course) lasts a long time, doesn't cause any rashes or dry skin, does not contain any harmful chemicals, dyes or fragrances.

Cons: 9$ soap. If you want to use it for the whole family, it can be expensive compared to Dove or other brands. So if you are budget-conscious, i suggest you keep this soap for baby only ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

i've been using this for the past year on my young son to bathe him every night and also for myself, though not to wash my face. it smells herbal fresh and pleasing and though it feels like a squeaky clean once it is rinsed, it still does not feel drying in the least. i will definitely keep purchasing and using this as a body soap for our family.

in my opinion i'd not use this on my face, however. i don't think the constitution of this soap lends well to acne prone skin. though it may depend on each person's skin type, i am oily. generally i steer clear of sodium chloride in my facial cleansers as it is a highly comedogenic ingredient. if your face is prone to clogged pores this soap wouldn't be my recommendation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Fiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed in this product, even tho I like Weleda and the whole idea of natural cosmetics.
Soap left my skin very dry and after awhile it became very bad and pimpled.
Did not recommended to people with problematic skin.
But it actually good for hands. Makes them soft. :)
(excuse my non-perfect English)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice gentle lather, use occasionally for my face too when I'm running late and/or just need to throw something simple into my bag and go. Very light lather, doesn't feel like a rich, heavier lather. Just feels light on and I like that, doesn't feel stripping. Would absolutely repurchase. Doesn't dry me out, for face or body, but for face I do prefer something a little more moisturizing (lately Weleda's Gentle Cleansing MIlk and L'uvalla's Hydrating Milk Cleanser are pure love)

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Olivate, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Malt Extract, Sodium Chloride (Salt).

Edit: unless I'm really grimey, this can be a tad too clean for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very simple, non-drying (to me, anyway) bar soap intended for use on babies. I've been washing my face with it, and occasionally inviting it into the shower, for several months now and I'm very pleased with it. It has a light herbal scent and lathers well (I have to look into the review below that says it contains SLS - this would explain the lather), rinses cleanly and never leaves my face feeling tight or over-cleansed. It's always left the skin on my body clean and comfortable as well, including those *sensitive* areas.
I think I paid around $10CAD for this bar, and it's lasted nearly six months with quite a lot of the bar remaining. It's kept me balanced in humid Hawaii and dry Toronto, and I'm definitely inclined to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by marypap

Its the 5th time that I have bought this soap and I use it everyday in the shower.It does not dry out my skin,it lightly fragrances it and it foams very well.Also it lasts for a long time and its cost is reasonable!Love it,as many of Weleda products!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by vblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was recommended by an instore guide in a health food store to use this soap as a facial cleanser that would fit my budget and help my mild acne. The soap had nice packaging and a pleasant aroma and I felt at ease using it because it is natural, although not too natural because it contains sodium lauryl sulfate. I didn't like the price just for a simple soap. However it has lasted a very long time and I still have a lot to go, although I am changing to a more medicated natural gel cleanser soon. The soap cleansed my face well but I desire a more medicated and natural alternative that works well with a moisturiser.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I bought a little bar to take along on a trip. I was using this to shower and even on my face, no problems whatsoever and the bar lasted all week! Love the quality and the scent of this product. I always feel good using natural products and Weleda rarely disappoints me.