Weleda Weleda Citrus Deodorant

3.4

SD Alcohol 38B (from grain), Water, Lemon Juice, Vegetable Glycerine and Natural Fragrance.

on 4/12/2014 2:22:00 PM

Great smell, works ok in combination with Lush aromaco (first layer lush, second layer weleda, reapply weleda) or by itself if reapplying every two hours. I actually don't like this one in the winter. I think it works better when your armpits a "free to breathe". The Weleda Sage works better but smells like hell!

on 2/12/2014 9:14:00 PM

Deodorant for your pits? No no. Refreshing body mist and perfume? Yes!!!

I cant believe they market this as deodorant...really Weleda, really? Its alcohol, water and essential oils. That doesnt make a deodorant, just a nice smelling mist and perfume. Thats what I use it for because its nice and refreshing. I just wish it came in a plastic bottle so I wouldnt be so paranoid about it breaking in my handbag.

on 9/1/2012 7:37:00 PM

Besides potassium alums, this was the first non-antipersperant deodorant I tried. It was a fail: didn't last long and stung after shaving (active ingredient is alcohol). Scent was just okay, and I like citrus scents in general.

This concern probably doesn't apply to many, but I also felt like I was accidentally inhaling it when I sprayed it on. Note that it contains irritants: d-limonene, linalool, geraniol, citral, farnesol. I think most of those are just natural components of the lemon peel oil, but I really don't want them getting in my airways since I'm asthmatic.

Hope that helps someone. I'm going back to crystal (potassium alum) for now.

on 1/22/2012 8:38:00 PM

The scent of this is invigorating, just like spraying a spritz of gin and tonic at my arm pits! Sadly it does nothing to keep even the faintest odour at bay, Pit Rok is far better, I always remain fresh smelling with that.
I should think that the alcohol content might be irratating after a while of using it as well. Such a shame. Back to Pit Rock.

on 10/16/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Don't you just hate it when you start out really liking a product, only to have it stop working altogether. It's such a random thing & so unexpected. I used this deodorant for over a year & then it just stopped working. I hadn't changed anything so it didn't appear my chemistry was altered in any way. I just felt it was no longer doing it's just job so I had to stop buying it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Smells very nice but this is it. It brought me an allergy and it is very expensive.

on 11/22/2010 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Doesn't do anything to fight bad smell. It gave me a burning feeling underarms, too.

on 5/27/2010 10:25:00 PM

Doesn't hold up on it's own but it's a nice back up for the Alvera unscented roll-on ( the only natural deodorant I found that works on wetness and odor). Initially it does smell like lemons and alcohol, but the alcohol smell faded and then it smells very faintly of lemons. I wish the scent was stronger & lasted a little longer. I do go through quite a bit of this since it takes 4-5 sprays to cover an underarm the way it comes out, and the large bottle is only 3.4 ounces. It's expensive at Whole Foods (around $12), but you can get it from vitacost.com, swansonvitamins.com or iherb.com for around $6. I will probably continue to buy it since I love the lemon scent.

on 3/18/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm quite happy with this deodorant - it's a great fresh scent which refreshes and nicely covers up a day's worth of running around if I am going out after work. (I normally use an organic roll-on deodorant during the day). It won't last as a strong scent or anything, but it does give me confidence to know the smell of sweat is being covered. The smell is quite elegant too - not cheap and tacky and it's natural so i know I'm not dowsing myself in triclosan. So while it costs 10 times more than a bottle of Impulse, it's worth it!

on 2/4/2010 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

My friend told me about this d/o and I picked it up at this natural food market. First, I went to Target, but they were all out. Any way, the scent is pleasant. In the beginning, when I sprayed it on, I could smell the scent. The scent doesn't last throughout the day which is fine. While I was working out, the only thing I noticed was a stream of sweat falling down my arm, so not cute, but during my vigorous spin class the d/o held up. Since I take two showers throughout the day, I haven't had any problems with odor. So far no complaints and of course if Iím happy with the product, I will purchase it again.

Top Rated Weleda Products