December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Almond Soothing Facial Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by lsabel87

my skin is oily and dehydrated, especially in the winters.. heavy moisturizers tend to break me out though so i thought this one would be a good option. first week i was very optimistic, my skin felt smooth, skin tone got more even and it provided an excellent make up base, but then i started to break out. not like crazily though so i was stubborn and kept on using it for another few weeks but it didn't get better. i gave it to my mom and even she got a pimple on her nose (first time in like 25 years...).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I really want to like this product. But everytime I use it,I end up with harsh pimples on my chin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by MuddyMocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a product that I have wanted to try for a while but due to the price I have always been a bit hesitant but a local beauty store had it and other Weleda products on offer so I decided to take my chance and try it.

The product is very light and fluid but not runny in any way so there is no problem using it (some lotions can be very runny almost watery). What I loved about this product is the milky almond scent, I truly adored it.

I started to use the lotion during late winter/early spring and it was okay in the start no terrible reaction at all. Actually my skin didn't react at all to the lotion, sure it didn't go parchent dry while I used it but it didn't feel very moisturized either my skin was a bit in limbo actually. I'm not sure if it was that the lotion was to light for the weather (it may work better in summer). It wasn't really an inspiring experience to use this lotion which is kinda sad since I really wanted to love it. That's how it usually is isn't it? The products you want to love you just can't love and the ones you don't expect to love you absolutely adore.

The lotion is aimed at people with sensitive/combination skin there is another product in the same range called Almond Soothing Facial Cream aimed at people with sensitive/dry skin.

Moisturizing: Average.
Feeling and scent: A light lotion. Almond scent.
Packaging: Pink aluminium squeeze tube. Timeless in my opinion.
Shelf Life:6-12 months from opening from opening
Price: 140-179 Swedish crowns (depending on where you buy it)
Buy Again: Most likely not!
Best: I love the almond scent, simple inci.
Worst: The price, to expensive for what you get.

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Name of this product in other languages, for reference:
Wohltuende Feuchtigkeitspflege
Soin Hydratant Confort
Trattamento Idratante Comfort

I like that this contains no fragrance and is non-irritating, but I have dry skin and this just doesn't cut it. If I use it at night I wake up with flaky skin in places I don't usually have flaky skin. I won't repurchase this but might look into the cream version which has similar ingredients and, I assume, is a bit more moisturizing (alcohol is the 4th instead of the 3rd ingredient). People with sensitive normal/combo/oily skin should definitely check this out, but to those with drier skin, I'd say avoid this one.

For a cheap everyday moisturizing, mostly fragrance-free moisturizer I really like the Aldi brand Lacura, the night Q10 cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by natalie225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product just wasn't for me. I have normal sensitive skin, and for some reason this product would not absorb all the way into my skin. It left a thick heavy feeling which worked against makeup application. On days I don't wear makeup it's nice because it does calm down the pink / red tones in my face. This product does leave your skin matte, I prefer a glow, so this was another con for me. I also had an initial breakout, just a few small bumps that turned into tiny whiteheads, they did go away after a week. Breakouts can often initially happen with a change in product so this wasn't a huge concern for me. Good product, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Basilic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this cream would be too heavy as I have combination skin however, my skin is also sensitive and my (now yearly) perioral dermatitis flared up again recently so I knew I had to ditch the mattifying moisturiser and find something calming instead. I've been using this day and night; it's soothed the dermatitis almost immediately and, along with virgin coconut oil, cleared it up very quickly. I'm so impressed! Overall my skin feels hydrated, soft and, most surprisingly, balanced (which has made me reassess my skin's needs and whether addressing shine actually made it greasier...). I'm hoping this will protect me throughout the cold winter too. Anyway, back to the lotion - it feels a tad sticky at first but sinks right in and has little to no odour, plus the ingredient list is tiny, which is great for reactive skin like mine. The tube packaging is hygienic and for such great results, the price is fair. If your skin needs calming and soothing, I would definitely recommend trying this lotion, though perhaps only as a night cream for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by emmdub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer! Love love love this moisturizer. I have combination-dry skin that tends to be more dry on my cheeks, eyebrows and forehead. I use this moisturizer in combination with the Weleda almond cleansing lotion and for me it's perfect. It is not too heavy and doesn't linger on my face for a long time without sinking in. Sometimes though, in the summer, if I sweat too soon after putting it on, I've noticed that it doesn't sink into my face as fast and instead sweats off - this is very rare, however and doesn't deter me at all from using this product. Paraben free (a must for me), light-weight yet ultra moisturizing, does not react on my sensitive skin and does not smell horribly. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Note my skin type: Dry, Scarring, Acne-prone / Clog-prone, Sensitive

I bought this after the initial reviews of the Weleda Skinfood but choose this product over the Skinfood because it felt less 'heavy' and 'thick'. While it is soothing and 'moisturizing', its effects are of a temporary nature. The effects of this cream doesn't last until noon, it needs a constant reapply.

If you are planning to use this cream for dry winters along the coast line, then this is NOT the cream for you. If you are planning to use this cream for your sensitive, red, ragged nose during allergy season, then this is THE HG for you. I can only use the least scented, light, and non-intrusive lotions for my nose during hayfever season otherwise I end up triggering another sneezing session. It doesn't reduce redness but it does sooth the irritated skin fairly well.

Will I purchase this product again? No, not for the price I'm paying for at Whole Foods and the little productivity this item has. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best moisturizer my skin has ever felt from Kate Somerville to pricey organic prouducts like Dr.Harucshka and all the in betweens. I picked this up at a vitamin store (i was aware of the brand from the toner I had bought by Weleda) . Cleansed my face and pushed out a dab. Instantly it sunk into my face. It was as if my skin was thirsty for it. Maybe the vitamins were fresh in the bottle (the ingredients includes a lot of different ones) because it was something my combination skin needed. Downfall you pay 25 for 1 oz and it wasn't sealed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

Loving this product. Use it with the cleanser and face oil and it's made a different in my skin. It's light, a little goes a long way, smells very faintly of almonds and is great for soothing (as is in it's name). I have a few dry patches so I use the oil with this lotion for the day. This whole line is wonderful and while I love to try new products, and will, this will be my go to.