August 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Fragrances - I Profumi di Firenze - Violetta de Bosco

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pansylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far, this is the best violet soliflore that has yet crossed my path! Unlike many others of this genre, Violetta di Bosco is the perfect blend of sweetness and green freshness, with none of the cloying or dry powerdery qualities of the other soliflores that I have experienced- I am so glad to see it included in your database!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by flannerygrace

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wowzers! I am definitely a white florals gal, my favorite being Goutal's Gardenia Passion, but I received Violetta de Bosco in a group of samples and since I couldn't not try it I dabbed it on thinking it would never please me since none of the scents with violet have been at all interesting to me. But I now have my first non-white floral scent to love.

It is the first I've found that is voluptuously beautiful, so totally feminine. I get no plastic scent as some have mentioned, it is just like a nosegay of violets that I want to bury my nose in forever. Makes me think of my favorite opera, La Traviata, this is definitely what Violetta would wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is the Italian version of violet, so you know it will be one of two things: extremely stark and modernistic, or extremely voluptuous and over the top. This is the latter. This violet does not shrink, and in fact it expands mightily. Large, candied, rounded, fruity, and somewhat mossy it blossoms on the skin. This is the smell of the violet flower faeries on May Eve, wildly ecstatic, potent and lush. Can a note associated with all things shy and demure be overtly sexy? Indeed it can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 4:50:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yummy! I love this violet! This fragrance is the only perfume that has ever had an aromatherapeutic effect on me. It makes me HAPPY! When I smell it I feel happy inside, giddy and content at the same time. I cannot get enough of it. I just want to keep spraying it. It's addictive for me. It reminds me of candied violets. It's a bit like a refined version of Choward's gum or violet mints,which I love. I love what 'AngelZoe' wrote about it! She said, "What violet wine would taste like, if it existed". What a perfect description! It's sort of a fruity, sweet violet. I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of the violet fragrance since I love violet and I have tried so many. I was on a quest to find another violet since Annick Goutal ended their limited edition, (only sold at Nordstrom stores) of 'La Violette', which was absolutely beautiful.
I tried many in my quest to find a substitute.
I did not like Borsari Violetta Di Parma, Devon Violets, Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Violette, Thierry Mugler Angel Violet, Calypso Violette, Norma Kamali Violette, etc, etc.
They all had either an inexpensive smell, not enough violet, or something an old biddy would wear.
I was shopping in Barneys NY and I sniffed the Profumi Di Firenze Violetta De Bosco and I fell in love immediately and knew that I must have it!
This is not an 'old lady' violet fragrance.
It's young and sparkling to me, but it has an elegance and european aura.
It's not a subtle fragrance and the sillage is very prominent for the first hour or two.
But it calms down and unfortunately I cannot smell any remnant of it within about 5 hours.
I do wish it had better lasting power.
But, I love this delicious violet and any fragrance that makes me happy is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An explosion of voluptuous flora in this. No shrinking violet, this is a serious violet fragrance that is pervasive, somewhat fruity, and long-lasting. Less green and more candied than some. What violet wine would taste like, if it existed. The bottle is antique looking and lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Perfmavin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having just become hooked on violet the past summer, I wanted to find something true. This is a lovely violet which has a touch of green to keep it from being sickeningly sweet. A true single note with very good staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The the powdery, sweet scent of candied violet pastilles with a hint of woodsy nuttiness thrown in and a sublte hint of green leaves. It's very different from the pure, sweet candied violet of Borsai Violetta di Parma that I so adore, but it stands next to it as one of my favorite violet scents.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

I've been on a major violet kick lately, and have been trying all the violet fragrances I can get my hands on. I've largely been impressed with IPdF, and was thus eager to try their violet. Unfortunately it was exactly the kind of violet I loathe--heavy, powdery, sweet, nauseating. Within minutes I desperately wanted to wash it off. I managed to give it a couple of hours, but it never got better. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 2:59:00 AM More reviews by MelissaM

Wow, a major bummer coming on the heels of good luck in fragrances,especially the iPdF line. Violette de Bosco opens with a sticky-sweet packaged-violet-candy floral note soon followed by a very strong note that I can only describe as freshly-manufactured plastic. Yes, my friends, warm plastic. You know when you put the wrong kind of plastic container in the microwave, and it melts slightly, turning everything into a sticky, plasticky, smelly mess? Plastic and candied violets. VdB smells like that, and oh, what a stinker! For a good violet, my favorite remains Verte Violette by L'Artisan, which is truer to the scent of violets and has a fresh greenness to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This perfume has really grown on me. The first time I tried it, I thought it was too sticky-sweet. But every time I try it, I like it a little more. It does suggest an attempt to put a sugar glaze on Violetta di Parma. But the violet in this perfume is wonderful and the sugary aspect seems less and less cloying to me. So I have gone from "no way" to "definitely decant-worthy."