October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Cleansers - Lumene - Moisture Dream Revitalizing Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by circusnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i realized after i had already bought and used this product a few times that it indicates "for mature skin." well, my skin isn't mature quite yet...and i normally wouldn't buy any cleansing product that touts "moisture," as my skin is combination type leaning more toward oily. however, i decided to give it a try as it was on sale. i'm so glad i did! after a few weeks of usage, my skin has just not broken out as it usually does so frequently. my skin always feels so velvety soft to the touch after washing with moisture dream. overall, my skin is much clearer, softer and "even"-looking after using this product daily. yes, it is a cream cleanser, but it also indicates on the product description that it foams, so it's a foaming cream cleanser. it is thick in consistency so a little bit does the job to remove makeup and daily fuss. i love the packaging. i usually prefer flip-tops for cleansers, and this is a twist cap, but at least you only have to twist once to open/close the cap. i will keep buying this product and plan on trying other products from lumene!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product for four years. You don't have to use much. The formula is thick so it is advisable to have wet your face with water beforehand so you can more easily spread the product around. It removes makeup while cleaning your skin with harshness. I am allergic to many ingredients and have had NO reactions to this product. It is great for dry and or mature skin because of its creaminess. I don't use it as much in the summer because it is rich in texture and the weather here is hot and humid and I prefer a lighter formulation for the summer. It has a neutral smell. The product comes in travel sizes that are just right for taking on board on a plane if you want to clean up after a long trip.
Enjoy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An OK cleanser for normal skin that's not too dry. I would not attempt to use this in the wintertime, but in the summer a decent option.
A pleasant scent, but that's unnecessary in a face product. Removes make-up effectively, leaving the skin feeling "squeaky clean", so that's not too good for overdry skin.
The whole Lumene line has been 'updated', so this is probably no longer available in the same formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

The performance of this product is ok, but it's not truly a cream cleanser because it foams. It's kind of difficult to get it to foam though, and it feels kind of slimy. This is a weird hybrid between cream and foam, I guess. Also, I'm usually not picky about scents, but the fake berry scent in this one is a little too much for me. The bottle makes it difficult to get the last bit of the product out. I'll use this up, but not a repurchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

It wasn't drying, and it cleaned off light makeup and sunscreen, but it was a little difficult to spread and rinse. If I was wearing a full face of makeup, I would have to use a large amount on a slightly damp face, then rub, rub, rub. Then wet it a little more and rub, rub, rub. Too much work for me. The fragrance was a bit off-putting, almost like plastic. Also, once you get to the end of the tube, it is very difficult to get the last bit out. I much prefer a cleansing oil (DHC or MAC) to this particular cream cleanser. I am trying Olay's Hydrate and Cleanse Night Cream Cleanser next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I was looking for a basic cleanser to use in the morning that won't dry me out or cause any acne/oiliness. I have a difficult skin type-combination and very sensitive. At first I thought this cleanser was too harsh and the fragrance bugged me. However over time, I'm growing to like it. Sometimes I feel like it might be drying me out and stripping my skin a bit, but that doesn't seem to be the case (it is the summer, I don't see this working in the winter). I really like the simple packaging. Price is okay-best described as mid-range I suppose. I wouldn't repurchase b/c it's not all that special and I'm not too thrilled. I'm actually having a hard time using it up, so I've been cleaning my brushes and makeup sponges w/ this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this!! I agree with so many of the reviewers that it has a luxurious, velvety feel. Not thrilled with the squeeze tube - could be a problem getting the last bit of product out, however the price is fantastic. This will most likely replace my beloved EL Verite light cleansing lotion now that the weather is warming up and my skin is changing again. I have very sensitive skin and I love the way this does not irritate or redden my face - no stinging, just comfortable. Makeup comes off quite easily as well. EDIT - dried out my skin too much - back to Verite again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by elkra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the night time cleanser I've been searching for. I am 29 and my skin is starting to change and is a bit confused. Gel based foaming cleansers have been too drying lately, but I've been disappointed with milk/cream cleansers as they either don't do an adequate job taking all the gunk off, or they are hard to remove and leave a film. Also, I can't be bothered with a separate makeup remover followed by a cleanser. I like to keep things simple. This cleanser takes all the makeup, dirt and oil off, rinses completely away with water, and leaves my face feeling soft and fresh. A dream indeed! The only con for me is that it smells a little like plastic, but I can deal with it. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Lisbet93

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It feels great going on (makes my skin tingle just a tiny bit, in a good way) and leaves my skin feeling ultra-smooth and clean afterwards. I have dry-combination skin, and normally use Clinique 3-step, but the Lumene Moisture Dream Revitalizing Cream Cleanser is great for travel. I also prefer to use it in the shower in the mornings, because the unbreakable tube is uch better than an additional soap dish in the shower. So I use Lumene in the mornings and Clinique at night. I especially like the small trial & travel size tubes. I don't care for the big tube as it is hard to get the cream out when it's less than half full. The cream doesn't flow well -- it's thick and just stays at the crimp end of the tube, even when I store it with the cap side down. However, for such a great performing product I can usually overlook that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry, sensitive, skin, and am always on the lookout for products that work without irritating my skin. For years, I have used Olay Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, and have been so pleased with the results it has become a staple. However, I decided to try the Lumene Moisture Dream Revitalizing Cream Cleanser since the coupon I had made it cheaper than the Olay. What a find the Lumene is!! It has a very light, botanical scent that doesn't irritate or linger, removes sunblock and makeup completely, and feels nice and creamy on my skin (I have not tried it on eye makeup since I use a separate eye makeup remover). There are only two things I don't like about the Lumeme: the regular price ($8.99, twice the price of Olay Foaming for Sensitive Skin); and the plastic squeeze container (I prefer a pump bottle). I will repurchase the Lumene if it's on sale; one lippie off for the inconvenient squeeze bottle.